It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ossett United.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:26 pm 

It looks like the Ossett non-league football clubs are going to merge. Makes sense to many. What do you think?

Post subject: Re: Ossett United.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:33 pm 

makes sense, it's been on the cards for decades, my only doubt is about why this has been announced now before all the legal stuff has been done, which ground will the new club use etc. I'm sure we'll find out a lot more in the weeks to come.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:59 pm 

i prefer albions ground and the parking is better there too, would they sell off towns ground then?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:11 pm 

we were going to sell it to Tesco about 10-12 years ago, rumour had it value of the ground was £6 million, other rumours (from inside the club) said it was 'only' £4 million. There was a petition from the locals against the sale and I could imagine there would be a petition again if Ingfield was to be put up for sale.

I would guess the new club would be based at Albion and the money raised from selling Ingfield used to improve Dimple Wells as well as raising a team to challenge for promotion. But very little info has come out at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:47 am 

Dimple Wells the more likely home ground. Though it is easier to get to Town's by public transport and nearer to public houses.
I wish the clubs well with any merger.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:07 pm 

Bad news for Frickley means a bigger club in the local area also backed by a (more successful) private footballing academy, competing for sponsorship, players etc,

Not something I would like to see Frickley do is merge but when big business gets involved (like at ossett albion) unfortunately the supporters have little control

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:56 pm 

the plan is Ossett United will play at Ossett Town's ground, reserves etc will play at Ossett Albion, training to be at Albion as well. The board of directors will be made up of 3 people from Albion and 3 from Town. Ossett United's colours will be blue, though no design yet for new kit or badge. I've no idea who these business people are at Albion ( think one of them, a Lee Summerscales might have played for Ossett Town years ago), so I don't know if they are putting money into the new club, certainly no one at Ossett Town has any money.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:46 am 

Things some teams will do to become the top team in Wakefield.
There is only one top team in Wakefield and we all know who that is Frickley, but all the best for having a go. Just saying :D
I hope it all works out OK for both teams.