It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Leek game.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:29 pm 

Well a draw at Cleethorpes tomorrow or a win for Cleethorpes and a win for Frickley will put us in second place.
All the best lads / Spen 3 more points please.
And it gos without saying 7 straight losses for Basford would be nice as well.
Just saying.

Post subject: Re: Leek game.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:57 am 

with a winning run of 5 on the trot, the crowds should be flocking up to the lane, average of 225 per game puts us as the 7th best supported team in this league, but should we have more? personally i think yes, we average 4 goals per game, so if its goals you want to see then this is the place, we are playing some good stuff after years of mediocrity, we have 3 quality marksmen who knows where the net is, but still some folks are missing out, given our position in the league i reckon we should be averaging about another 30/40 more, yes i know some people are going to say that crowds are less in this division and more travelling to do ,but over the last few seasons how many of the likes of some of our near neighbours like matlock and ashton brought through the turnstiles, ah well its those missing fans that are missing out,as i eagerly look forward to be entertained this afternoon.
come on you blues.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:09 pm 

Well done again lads Spen now second even with ten men.
What a team.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:45 pm 

Nearly pressed the self destruct button there, Frosty saw the red mist for the first yellow, unlucky with the second. Over fussy referee. Up to that point Leek were the only team in it. For the 70 minutes after the red card the Blues were magnificent, well done Blues.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:11 pm 

blue stan wrote:
with a winning run of 5 on the trot, the crowds should be flocking up to the lane, average of 225 per game puts us as the 7th best supported team in this league, but should we have more? personally i think yes, we average 4 goals per game, so if its goals you want to see then this is the place, we are playing some good stuff after years of mediocrity, we have 3 quality marksmen who knows where the net is, but still some folks are missing out, given our position in the league i reckon we should be averaging about another 30/40 more, yes i know some people are going to say that crowds are less in this division and more travelling to do ,but over the last few seasons how many of the likes of some of our near neighbours like matlock and ashton brought through the turnstiles, ah well its those missing fans that are missing out,as i eagerly look forward to be entertained this afternoon.
come on you blues.

Been you average for a few yrs that , regularly use put u down between 220-240 depending who was visiting on the other board on here for score predictions , But well done Frickers beating the Geeks , yep we hate those more than Swamp Donks , especially after one season's cup games at there's , had our Keeper arrested at the end of the game W~~~~~~ers Geeks Fans , tight that play off area , need keep winning just to stay in it Frickers !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:53 am 

well battled blues, we had to dig deep for that one, some tired bodies running on empty for the last 15 mins out there, some top performances too in algar, ible, warhurst,darker til he went off,patts and gav who were hanging on at the end,to play for 10 men for 70 mins was a tremendous effort,ref gave out 4 yellows when probably only one warranted it(frostys first) it was close at the end but they showed character to see the job out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:05 pm 

Bluebeard did you say frost was unlucky for second yellow then watch again it was more of a straight red he talked him knee high I know they liked a dive but you can't defend that tackle good player frost but a bit over the top sometimes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:06 pm 

Old school wrote:
Bluebeard did you say frost was unlucky for second yellow then watch again it was more of a straight red he talked him knee high I know they liked a dive but you can't defend that tackle good player frost but a bit over the top sometimes

Looked bad, don't think he intended to catch him. I said after the first tackle that somebody should calm Frosty down or he'll be off.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:47 pm 

Seen highlights stupid tackle in any event but when on a booking absolutely brainless, no surprise tho his career is littered with similar incidents which is a shame as he is a top non league player, already shown that earlier in season when he slid in front of opposition bench and started a brawl, tbf it's holding him back if he cut out the stupidity he wouldn't be at Frickley