It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Seb
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:47 pm 

Anyone realised or care Seb will probably lose his full time job as well now as he drives for a living poor guys gonna be out for 7 months he reckons yet not a mention on here this guy is a Frickley legend l am going make a suggestion to get a collection through the supporters club for him bearing in mind he's also just had a new baby as well as two other kids so cmon dig deep this time for someone we all are grateful for see chad for details on how to donate

Post subject: Re: Seb
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:00 am 

It would be good if the club its self could give us an update on Seb and how long he will be out. The club must have the players insured to cover Seb after getting hurt on Frickley duty and as Seb is on contract he should be paid even when he is not playing shouldn’t he? Having said that if he is unable to do his job it would only be right for the club to look after Seb or any other player when unable to play in whatever way the club sees fit and right. Don’t forget JC has been out for a while as well and there could be and will be more player in the future who will get hurt playing for Frickley. Remember if we do it for Seb we must do it for future player. I am not saying we shouldn’t help Seb or future players so don’t get me wrong on this will you.That’s why I think it would be better for the club to get the support in place for Seb and carry it on for future players in what ever way is best. That’s not to say the club haven’t got the support in place I don’t know if they have or haven’t. Never the less Its is good that old school has raised this and is thinking about Seb. I for one hadent. To my shame. Well done old school. Let’s now see what the club has to say and then see what is the best way to support players like Seb maybe the club already do have things in place and we don’t know about.

Last edited by Frickley 1 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:16 am 

Don't know anything about this as we don't know how long JC is out for. Information from club - zero.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:31 pm 

Frickley1 I assume you mean JC not JK as he wouldn't have got print correct me if I'm wrong but jc came with that injury and I think he's still able to work however if my memory is right did we do this for Matt bloor.I only thought about this cos he will probably loose his job as a driver as he'd not been in that job for long the club have as usual not said anything about his injury or short term so I don't know if they will help him financially maybe fa do I don't know all I do know is if he's no money coming in he's not in a great position

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:58 pm 

Great idea old school hopefully people can put differences aside and get behind this

I think normally players get 'injury pay' for a set period say 3 months as part of insurance to cover this type of thing (I. E unable to work in day job) I know after this time the club and Karl looked after bloorie until he was back hopefully the club/manager will do the same with sebba

As he is on contract the club will have to pay him his 'football money' i would have thought or he would become a free agent, but obviously this won't make up for the loss of FT employment

Whatever the ins and outs he will now be considerably worse off by suffering this injury so if the club and fans can help in any way then they should, I will be speaking to old school and chad about making a donation and hopefully others will too

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:54 pm 

Yes your right old school sorry i will put it right. Just been thinking if a gift was given to Seb would it have to be taxed or declared for tax and any benefits he may get? could he end up getting his sick pay benefit or other benefits stopped then be worse off?
and how does Seb feel about all this?
If a friend gives a personal money gift well OK but if the club or supporters club give a gift thats another thing it would have to be recorded on the clubs or supporters club accounts to keep thing right dont you think?
Another way to help him out if he's going to be out for the rest of the season is pay his contract up give him a lump sum instead of a weekly wage. But again the above may come into play.
I think some body in the know on these things needs to advice so that it does not make things worse. Just saying.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:59 pm 

If supporters club raise a few quid and give it him it it wouldn't be an issue were not talking tens of thousands,

But if sebba needs any advice regarding the points Frickley1 raises am happy to help/advise

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:13 pm 

I will speak to accountant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:18 pm 

It would appear f1 it wouldn’t affect any other benefit, sick pay or any other payment as it would be a gift

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:21 pm 

My point seems to have had a effect with hoody starting a crowd funding page but bucket collections by chad will still take place and added to the total he receives

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:49 pm 

A justgiving page has been set up to help Seba out in this difficult time https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... =p3Aqb6NMm

That's the link to the page.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:51 am 

Well done old school and Mr sitter.This idea has been put forward discussed looked into to make sure no tax will have to be paid and no benefits lost by Seb. Bring on the bucket I say. Maybe start Sat and maybe repeat later. And maybe Keith could let us know over the mic or even on the forum page or twitter how much went into the bucket so every one knows then most fans will get behind it. Can I just say thanks to the club for the update on Seb and the managers views on Seb and the help the club is giving. Fans and club all pulling together for a common goal sounds good to me. Frickley AFC no other club like it IMO. And it goes without saying all he best to Seb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:20 pm 

any monies raised will not affect any sick pay, but if the benefit was for unemployment,then that could affect any UB.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:11 am 

Frickley 1 wrote:
. Can I just say thanks to the club for the update on Seb and the managers views on Seb and the help the club is giving. Fans and club all pulling together for a common goal sounds good to me. Frickley AFC no other club like it IMO.

Where you getting all the info from F1.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:03 am 

Its all on Frickley fc on Twitter. Bluebeard.