It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Belper.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:56 pm 

Well done Blues, I wish I could have been there but I've got a bad infection in my thrombotic leg, very painful. It obvious Frickley are going to be a decent home side capable of scoring lots of goals. Away might be more difficult.

Post subject: Re: Belper.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:00 pm 

Great result look where we are in the table.
Keep it up lads. Well done so far.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:09 pm 

surprised more hasnt been said on this topic, best performance since the darlington game well over a year, first half was a joy to watch,chance after chance, and the most blatant penalty of the season not given, just needed to be patient in the second half and it was going to come, belper did raise their game for the first 20 mins after the interval, and we realised that we needed to put a bit more into it,beauty of a ball put in by duggie for the equaliser,then belper just crumbled,good that we scored 5,without the machine notching one,which shows we arent a one man team,glad i didnt have to pick a motm,cos from the starting eleven we had 9 candidates(and one that had nothing to do), we were that good,it would be unfair on the other 8 to single anyone out. hope we can keep this going with a toughie at basford,things looking good and playing good football, and jc and darker to come back in.
glad to see teddy bloor has had his loan extended til xmas,looking really good at this level.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:02 pm 

Over the 3 or 4 games I have watched this season (not including friendlies) we look great up front with the 3 big guys and the last 2 teams here have been lucky to escape with 5. Wasteful finishing will be punished by the better sides. Still making a couple of mistakes at the back resulting in goals against (Cleethorpes/Belper), with a few more games together this will hopefully iron out. Looking at this team I'm confident of at least play offs. I know there are off the field distractions on the forum but hope all get behind the guys on the field.