It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:50 am

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post subject: Goodnight and good luck
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:30 pm 

Seems that the bat has got under the skin of the manager one too many times and the teddy has well and truly been thrown out of the proverbial cot. He however has declined the bats invite to speak on the phone and i can only take this to mean he is intimidated by my superior intellect and footballing knowledge.

Seemingly the fact I know Karl automatically means to some that I have none of my own opinions, therefore after speaking to a few people today I have decided to step away from the frickley section of the forum for the good of the football club.

I have made my views on Spencer and Ryan quite clear to confirm that is my personal opinion as a supporter of the club and is based on there previous record at other clubs others on here have a different opinion and that is 100% fine but the bat knows a lot of people and won't have the wool pulled over his eyes, it WILL end in tears and that's why for the greater good I am stepping back i will be watching in the background and I will be available when it does go Tits up to help

Luckily there are still some genuine people on the board one in particular I have a lot of respect for and although I disagree with there choosen path I know they will be ready to help when the time comes there are also some good people who are former directors who am sure will step in again in the future when they are needed.

Personally it's been a privilege and an honour to support this great club over the past 6 years or so, there have been highs and lows, tears and joy, but what I will miss most is the people, I genuinely have fell in love with this club after falling put of love with football I am and always will be a frickley fan the club is in my heart and always will be like I said before I never saw my self at the likes of chorley, workington and Witton on tuesday nights and that is why it hurts when people say I don't care and only watch cos of Karl anyone that has spoken to me will know that is not the case and I genuinely sick with worry over the path the club has taken.

However I can not influence it more or less than anyone else on here, some will stay and back the team others I know are staying away but the one thing we all have in common is we love the club and we will all be here in 2,3,5 years time to pick up the pieces

However I am not one for blind faith i will offer advice, constructive criticism and state my opinion however this seems to now be getting in the way of the best interests of the club as some seem to be hypersensitive to every word posted on here, the last of which (re season tickets) was genuinely sound business advice which quite a few agreed with and in my view that's what a fans forum should be used for to raise issues etc for the good of the club.

Transfer news and stories get leaked every single day at every single club yeah of course I knew a few details due to Karl having deals lined up before he left and yeah there was an element of 'poking the bear' a bit but i also know most of those players as well and so got to know from various sources that they were coming back and it wasn't as if I jeopardised any deals as I would not do that. Furthermore most of the recent stuff I have said on here has not come from Karl at all. For one I have known kai Hancock's family for years so the stuff about that wasn't from Karl, the post about Tyrone guy was from someone I know at Ossett, the stuff about the loan players wages was from that player who I bumped into in Sheffield City centre. Most of the stuff I know about Spencer is from someone at the barnsley and Rotherham chamber of commerce and I haven't/can't post any of that for obvious reasons.

All in all it's better for everyone if I step back and keep my opinions off of here, I genuinely wish the club well for next season I hope big Gav gets 50 goals. Am sure one day the frickley we know and love will return when that day comes the Dingbat will make a return like a phoenix rising from the ashes until then I will be at Oakwell watching the super reds punch above there weight in the championship

Buy everyone it's been emotional goodnight and God bless

Last edited by Dingbat on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Goodnight and good luck
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:57 pm 

I'll give it a week (at most :lol: )
PS you spelt "supior intellect" wrong :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:12 am 

I thought it was my job to correct grammar mistakes boyspen, but you are welcome to the club.
There nothing wrong with proper English apart from Englishmen and women whom cannot speak or
write it anywhere near to an acceptable standard. Few ask for perfection, I certainly do not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:16 am 

Blade1 wrote:
I thought it was my job to correct grammar mistakes boyspen, but you are welcome to the club.
There nothing wrong with proper English apart from Englishmen and women whom cannot speak or
write it anywhere near to an acceptable standard. Few ask for perfection, I certainly do not.

There's.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:25 am 

bluebeard wrote:
Blade1 wrote:

There's.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:16 pm 

"There is" would be correct form of words in the above sentence.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:31 am 

Same thing!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:08 pm 

boyspen wrote:
I'll give it a week (at most :lol: )
PS you spelt "supior intellect" wrong :wink:

>>Last edited by Dingbat on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was right! It was less than an hour :D

See, now Dingbat's in hiding next door, the Frickley forum's dead boring. (I see Ossett Albion's marquee signing slipped under the Dingbat Sky Sports radar mind.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:10 am 

I do not do perfection or ask for it. Thanks for pointing out the minor error. I will try to do better. But I once won
a highly regarded short story competition worth a lot of money by breaking the rules of short story writing and grammar.