It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New team for this season
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:44 pm 

Well I have to say I dont think any of us can knock most of the new signing for the coming season it looks a good set of players to me.
Div 1 south look out Frickley are coming.

Post subject: Re: New team for this season
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:26 pm 

Agree with you there, some really good signings and a mix of younger players with experienced players. Still think we're short of a couple of defenders and another forward, and maybe some younger lads to supplement the squad, but hopefully we'll be challenging next season.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:33 pm 

Why are you surprised Karl rose had all the ex players lined up to come back anyway on a lot less money, did Spencer fearn really have the contacts he said he'd got looks unlikely as he's signing players the board have said Karl was signing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:06 am 

Old school wrote:
Why are you surprised Karl rose had all the ex players lined up to come back anyway on a lot less money, did Spencer fearn really have the contacts he said he'd got looks unlikely as he's signing players the board have said Karl was signing

Let's be clear the exsisting board members have signed allott, JC, Yates, and the striker from Garforth as they were all deals lined up by Kar which Gareth et al new aboutl, fair enough that doesn't mean spenna can't sign them why wouldn't he? There good players but let's not pretend that they have signed due to him, he has been told of the deals lined up by the previous management and OKayed them, and in the case of allott and JC deals were agreed initially on X amount, then after Karl was sacked both players told the club they were not signing but then we're offered significantly increased terms and so decided to sign in fact I believe neither player has met spencer fearn or they certainly had not when they signed.

The issue isnt the fact he has signed them, like i say fair enough, lots of managers have signed players in the past that have been lined up by previous regimes, and if i was in spencers positions and could signed Big Gav and JC then of course i would, my beef is that he is taking credit for it making out they have signed because of him when in fact they had already agreed to sign and his intervention has in reality only been to offer them more money to prevent the initial deals collapsing, which in the circumstances fairs doo's but dont be trying to claim all the credit for it now, cos everyone knows thats not the case

So his own calibre of player (of the ones signed by him alone) is significantly less proven at this level which again fair enough, but let the football do the talking, let results determine your own fate, dont try and impress everyone with signings that you clearly havent made

in other news the Club still hoping to conclude the agreed deal for Jacob hazel and for big jammer which you guessed it were linedible up by Karl and the board now trying to get over the line, when they do look out for spencers john terry impression, loves the limelight that lad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:09 am 

As a Goole fan, was wondering what the blues aspirations were for the coming season, do you expect to storm the league, and who do you think will be your challengers, saw a few Maltby games last season as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:43 pm 

if we keep the team that's been signed surely we must be in for a good shout at getting back into the Prem. But let's see what happens in the coming weeks. WE all would love to have a great side up at the lane and we all would love to see the new set up do well but we will have to wait and see. Here's hoping it gos well and not belly up. Maybe now that the smoke has cleared a little the fans may like to share their view about how they feel now after all that's been said on here. I will state mine I hope we have mis judged the new set up and I hope the new and old board together make Frickley the great club it once was if they do I feel sure most posters will say they where wrong because as I state we fans want the good old days back. I for one hope I am saying at the end of the season the new team was right all along. Let's see. Here's hoping.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:15 pm 

Honestly.... I think the 'new scout' is really Karl Rose, and the club didn't really sack him at all. They have simply recruited / signed the players on his watch list / those that prev. played for him, albeit on inflated wages.

If anyone speaks to the 'bigger name' players that have signed them they'll know the money offered is HUGE! And some can't wait until Christmas...

The playing squad, on paper, looks excellent

Hopefully, the contracts signed will be covered by the recent influx of cash. If not, the stability of the club will be at risk. That's one for the club though...

I'm sure all will be well!