It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: admission prices
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:11 pm 

125.00 at Goole for adults and £ 8 on the gate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:25 pm 

blue stan wrote:
less than 2 weeks to the first friendly and about 6 weeks for the first league game and still no news on the admission prices or the season tickets, when most other clubs announced theirs straight after their last game of last season offering early bird offers to entice people to buy, i wait with baited breath.

No sign of season ticket prices, no sign of matchday prices, the revolving door of new signings now seemingly grinding shut? With only half a team in the building,??

First thing club should be doing is selling season tickets??? No wonder Stockport ended up in a mess if these 2 can't even announce prices #p*s*upinabrewary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:16 pm 

I no dingbat I keep getting people asking me when they are going to announce prices

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:52 pm 

Everyone knows my opinion on the situation at the club currently but just for a second i will make the following observations on face value only and been as objective as possible

1. The fact the club has no season tickets on sale or prices confirmed is frankly embarrassing. From a strictly business point of view its extremely poor management of the club, the club if it were to be self sufficient and run as a going concern would obviously be reliant on season ticket sales to make up a fair percentage of its budget for the season and so good practice would be to confirm prices and get tickets on sale to fans ASAP, the fact the club as a business is not currently interested in obtaining this money/custom at the moment is poor business that is fact

2. Again forgetting my opinions the club have made several high profile signings in recent weeks, this would have been an ideal chance to promote season tickets, for example big Gav has signed want to see him in a blue shirt buy your season ticket now etc, massive opportunity missed again poor business

3.I have looked at several non league club website and twitter accounts in the last few days most are promoting season tickets etc I have obviously for my own interests been checking goole's twitter account they are promoting tickets daily, this is a free marketing channel for the club, why wouldn't they take advantage??? Again poor business

4. The media stuff at the club is excellent mini does a cracking job along with the other lads from donny college we also seem to have an excellent relationship with non league yorkshire resulting in people looking at the website, twitter, Facebook so why not advertise season tickets? Sponsorship packages etc? ??

5. How do I buy a season ticket (if I wanted too) do the club's customers know?? How do I sponsor the club?? Just looked now and I can't find out, again that's poor business, customers should know how to buy your product or as a business you will fail fact

I fail to see how anyone can reasonably disagree with the above??

Where are all these so called commercial expertise that's now on the board??

Why can't they club do a simple thing like advertise/place tickets on sale??? It's happend every other season in recent years so why not now?

the manager/director is supposed to run a business consultation company but yet can't get a semi pro club/small business doing its bread and butter operations? Things that should have been sorted on day one? It's unbelievable to be honest

Hopefully the club take the free advice I have given them and sort there act out this week, if they want to pay me to go up for a few hours and sort it for them and show them how to manage there operation then the board have my number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:24 am 

To give an outside view, Whitby haven't announced any of their prices yet, waiting till Friday. Always notoriously slow on season tickets when other teams are very keen.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:45 am 

goose wrote:
To give an outside view, Whitby haven't announced any of their prices yet, waiting till Friday. Always notoriously slow on season tickets when other teams are very keen.

Fair enough goose lad but frickley ain't even said when they will announce, and the new directors are full of buzz words and management speak and how they can run thevery club better than anybody else at supporters meetings yet can't get a fundamental function sorted, if I was on the board at a club the first thing I would sort would be getting tickets on sale to my customers to bring in money, it's like tesco not selling bread or milk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:23 am 

It might just be genius marketing, when prices were announced in previous years there's been very little buzz around them, a quick search on here shows probably a couple of posts each year. They may be trying to build up the interest (this thread is already on it's second page) then announce that prices have been cut so that we all rush out to buy season tickets.

Alternatively they may be trying to sell as few season tickets as possible so that when the club goes bust mid-season they don't have much to refund :wink:

I guess we'll only know whether the marketing strategy (or lack of it) has paid off when we get figures on how many have been sold in comparison to other years. Out of interest does anyone have any season ticket sales figures for years gone by?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:05 am 

Not sure on exact figures but think 20-30.

However that may include 5-10 season tickets for the Board members as part of their cash contribution to the club... not sure if that still happens; it used to under P Bywaters watch... good idea I think. Can raise an extra £1k or so from those running the club, on top of any other cash they put in.

Then there's the kids free tickets... not sure how many of those there are.

Personally, I'm with Sky Sports Dingers on this ... not so much on the timings - although that clearly helps - but on the need for them. Getting cash in to most businesses helps with the cash flow... i'd imagine we could benefit from this approach... that said, I don't believe the Board were keen on that approach. Each to their own, and all that, but it's a strategy I don't quite get...

So many options (at any level of the game, but esp this where clubs tend to need every penny they can get), for season tickets, 1/2 seasons, Christmas packages, multi-year deals to get some funds in the coffers... no interest to any of these by all accounts...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:34 am 

its also a basic communication issue, for example last season it was communicated via digital channels about sponsorship packages etc what was available and who to contact etc,

this season nothing, no match sponsorship, no player/kit sponsorship, in fact nothing at all, even if i wanted to sponsor the club (if i was a local business with no contacts up there) i wouldnt know how or who to ring, that is a fundamental mistake by the board that could easily be corrected

all this is surprising seen as at the supporters meeting's there was a lot of talk from the new board members about bringing in sponsorship money using contacts etc and basically helping the club by running its operations better, so far none of the above is happening, we have gone backwards with this, they got rid of the commercial manager who was doing a decent job last year and so far hasnt been replaced

they have only been here a couple of months but judging on the basics that are not been done at the moment its very concerning in my opinion,

once again a few regulars on here are staying quiet but i dont know how they can stand by whilst basic things are not been done at the club

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:10 pm 

a quick look on other teams in our divisions websites reveals that only 8 teams have announced season ticket prices so far these are

basford £7 admission,£120 season ticket,£100 early bird,
belper 9 / 140 / 130
chasetown 8 / 130 / n/a
leek 8 / 125 / n/a
peterboro sp. 8 / 40 / n/a
cleethorpes not announced/ 115/ n/a
stamford 10 / 150 / 140
corby 10 / 150/ n/a

yes the one for peterborough sports is correct according to their website,i checked it again after rubbing my eyes,
£40 for a season ticket against an £8 admission fee, this also gets them into league cup and county cup matches free of charge.

ours were £165 last season with 2 games less this season for your money. (unless we get in the play offs)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:05 pm 

Stocksbridge is £70 according to their twitter

Stocksbridge PSFC‏ @parksteelsfc Jun 20
Want to be a season ticket holder at steels just £70 great value. DM for more details

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:05 pm 

Well... prices announced. Even tho it's what I thought it would be, I can't decide if I'm surprised or not.

The pre season form will need to be v good to convince a few to go up I suspect, well me for sure. Maybe it's to save Bainsy messing with change on the turnstile. Tenners are easier to deal with... haha

Even if it was say £9, that may bring up 12 paying punters rather than 10 at £10. Plus what he extra two spend in the bar and snack bar...

Short-sighted imho. Mind you, I'll probably do my early season visit to gauge the 'value' and go from there.

It's almost like last seasons shambles from start to finish has been forgotten or conveniently ignored. There is a need to re-engage ppl after relegation (at any level of the game), and maintaining last seasons pricing structure doesn't do that. Well, not to me anyhow. Others may be quite happy...

Some decent initiatives for the academy kids and those studying at Minsthorpe. Good for the local community, so thumbs up to that. Wonder if the £0 season tickets are for those beyond GCSE's and in post 16...?

Wonder what the masses think?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:15 pm 

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/frickleya ... 54559.html

Enjoy!

Everyone agrees Whitby are a great club & are well run - we've announced our prices before them.....

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:14 pm 

Seems my advice and observations have shaken the club into action as always happy to help

Re the prices i can sort of understand why you wouldn't reduce the pay on the day price so fair enough however I would imagine £10 is possibly the most expensive ticket price in the division?? And may put a few off

but for the season ticket price to remain the same is a massive own goal for me as in reality it's increased as there are 2 less games for your money that's before you even factor in the fact it's for watching football at a level lower,

Still concerning that it's took 2 self proclaimed super duper business and football men 8 weeks to get tickets on sale and have only done so seemingly due to pressure on here and before someone comes on and says it was always going to be announced today etc, if that was the case then the club would have just said last week or even before that prices are to be announced on the 29th June they didnt so dont the start with that game

And a Board meeting to set prices 5 wks before the season? Really?? First meeting I had if I was in charge would have been to sort out prices, budget etc, am afraid spencer and Ryan have failed there first 'business' test hopefully they will learn lessons and improve in the future and they should remember they have the bats number give me a ring if you need any more advise lads, cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:56 pm 

By dingbat you really seam to get thing moving fast and why the board would not want your help I will never know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next