It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:42 pm

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Fans forum meeting
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:22 am 

Dingbat wrote:
we were paying more than 200 a week towards wade fairhurst for a start
Which at 'quids-per-minute-on-the-pitch' would have made him one of the highest paid players in world football!

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:57 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
SMS you don't like bell cos he sat on the bench yet you have no problem with a director been manager? And basically buying himself the job?

Also did you not vow to never go again under karl on here yet were there revelling in the 7th place finish?

Just saying glass houses and all that

No, I don't think he should be on the board as manager. For a start it puts himself under a lot of pressure, as if he didn't have enough ! (Glad we agree on something) :D The only upside I see is, if results aren't going well, he's the man who can do something about it, by resigning, or ploughing more money into the budget.

Cant remember categorically stating I'd never ever go again, but maybe I did. ?
It was more the season before when the football was rubbish and it just wasn't for me. I started Watching other non league football . But was told the football had improved, as Karl had added some flair players in Moke, Payne and co from memory. Probably it was old school or another that told me it had improved and there was a different ethos about the team, and indeed we had a fine season in 2015/16 when we finished 7th. Lets get one thing clear, I'm not anti Karl Rose, he's done a good job with little resources, and is an approachable likeable guy who's developed a passion for the blues, making good friends along the way. To have the job taken away from him at the 11th hour must be gut wrenching.

I can understand everyone's frustrations, but I don't think we are all going to get the answers or actions we all crave, some more than others. Yes, maybe I'm too quick to go with the flow, im just not one to really look back, I'm more of a forward person (some will understand why)

And to comment on the other posts, yep 600k or whatever it cost for that building is astronomical. When you look at what we got for it. I know it obviously didn't cost the club that. But the breakdown of costs would be make interesting reading. I imagine when builders & suppliers, surveyors etc etc treble their prices when they know it's grant money !

Sometimes, it's just nice if we all get behind 11 men in a blue shirt, or green ! :cry:
But never mind, that's the last I'll say on the situation, you can all argue amongst yourselves. I hope you find what your looking for :?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:00 pm 

Not that you have said much of any worth any how SMS. IMO. Just saying.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7