It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:23 am

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fans forum meeting
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:27 pm 

Frickley wrote:
Crikey o Riley. Is this the 'most commented on' thread ever?

All for debate. And the whole point of that is that folks have different opinions. Yes? Doesn't mean any one is right either btw...

The one constant for me aside from the 'what', is the 'how'. Utterly appalling and shambolic; including the treatment of several people. Timelines don't stack up and recent board meetings with potential investors (Bell) seemingly were a waste of everyone's time if the 'in discussions for two months' comment from the new duo is accurate. He was never 'getting in' really, was he. And Karl was always short term; confirmed by the 'FAFC club official throw away comments at shaw lane on last day of season', allegedly.

Was the get rid of Moz point / debate that seemed to upset and divide so many even worth the debate? If these guys were coming in anyhow then SF was getting the job. Moz would have gone anyway. We know that was a 'board split' discussion. He was always going to go. May be Moz and JKs unhappiness should be directed at the full board... well, most of it...

Especially if the 'investment to give short term stability' point is true also. I think this is one of the points that still hasn't been answered. This is also a common point raised on this board by several people.

The budget is similar, possibly even less, than what Moz and latterly Karl had. What is the financial stability that is referenced. This, for me, and indeed others judging by the comments on here, remains the million dollar question. (If only, eh...)

Questions still linger over the new community /academy building and the costs/debts. I doubt they'll ever be fully answered.

Something has obviously changed behind the scenes and in many ways those things rarely surface.

Whether SF has bought the job or not, and in all reality he has (being part of the 'deal' in all probability), supporters should give him a chance. Me included.

Do I think what's happened is right/positive etc? Right now, it's a no. But who can see the future.

People are worried. That much is obvious. But time will tell. Let's just hope that the board members have made the right choice. I'm sure they all felt there was no other option. For whatever reason. And if they haven't; I'm sure they'll fall on their collective swords. Seemingly there are plenty of people ready to form AFC Frickley already...

Let's hope the team does well and pushes for promotion. Anything else is a failure imho.

Roll on August.

Best post on here in ages, the point been you can be a fan and behind the club and hope things work but also be concerned and not just a 'happy clapper'

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:13 am 

I am told on very good authority lee Morris had £1600 a week whereas in effect the last 5 games were considerably less plus the fact we couldn't sign anyone can't remember any other anger having that budget if that had been given at the beginning of the season things might have been so different board feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with budget but think I'm right

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:01 am 

lets not forget that out of mozzas budget, that himself and jk was taking home more than some of the players.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:29 am 

Old school wrote:
I am told on very good authority lee Morris had £1600 a week whereas in effect the last 5 games were considerably less plus the fact we couldn't sign anyone can't remember any other anger having that budget if that had been given at the beginning of the season things might have been so different board feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with budget but think I'm right

Been told the same

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:30 am 

blue stan wrote:
lets not forget that out of mozzas budget, that himself and jk was taking home more than some of the players.

Also correct

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:33 am 

I think you may be mistaken oldschool, my friend... £1650!

In terms of what the management team were paid... not sure. But suspect that between Moz, JK and Rhys (latterly when he was injured, but 'coaching') it could well have been a few hundred quid.

So in that case Karl had more, given that he didn't take a wage - unless of course that 'few hundred quid' was taken from the budget.

Who knows. Really. About 5 people in all reality ...

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:59 am 

No karl had a lot less than that he never had that much Morris and co spent a lot of that on loan players nobody else wanted

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:22 pm 

I was told Karls budget was £1000 a week at the start of the season then when Mozza came in he got a budget of £1600 a week.
I think you will find out these are / where the true budgets.
Why the board put the boot into Karl like that i dont know do you?
And Karl had agreed with the board for this coming season a budget of £1600 a week.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:53 pm 

I was told that when the ice cream man played his tune, it meant he was out of ice cream. I supposed that's still true today :D

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:02 pm 

Think you'll find my information is true dear boy

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:26 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
I was told that when the ice cream man played his tune, it meant he was out of ice cream. I supposed that's still true today :D

No surprise that you believed that especially when you fell for most of the tripe fed to the fans Wednesday

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:31 pm 

Mozza had £1600 a week post Xmas fact, we were paying more than 200 a week towards wade fairhurst for a start

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:30 pm 

Is that right then Old School??
£600k?

I'd heard £1/2m, but even that was / is too much by at least double!

Mind you, the 19's have won the league, so the prize money will cover the (alleged!) tax bill... surely?!

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:19 pm 

Yes that's right £600k not much if you say it quick well actually £659k apparently architect sanctioned extras

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:17 am 

Old school wrote:
Yes that's right £600k not much if you say it quick well actually £659k apparently architect sanctioned extras

Technically £700k if you're rounding up to the nearest 100 grand then :wink: (or a million to the nearest million, at the moment). When you consider Ken Bates bought Chelsea for a pound in 1982, it just shows what a footballing powerhouse Frickley will be in 20 years' time - there's 650,000 Chelsea's in those changing rooms!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next