It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:20 am

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fans forum meeting
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:39 am 

A lot of people are angry at how this has come about and rightly so also you can not expect them to forgive and forget so easily,

But my 'beef' is not personal with these 2 it's nothing to do with Karl I have outlined in my post above in depth why I have the concerns I do and I know many of them are shared by others

Other people preach a reasoned debate but offer no counter argument, it's certainly not a case of my way or the highway as mini said but it's not a case of me been on a witchunt either, people must agree that some at least of my concerns are legitimate

And let's be fair the same board members we all agree have messed up with this process are still there they same board members that said one thing in front of the room weds and then different when they spoke to individuals so why should anyone have any confidence in the club at the moment am not just going to follow like a sheep and a lot of others feel the same

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:03 pm 

Crikey o Riley. Is this the 'most commented on' thread ever?

All for debate. And the whole point of that is that folks have different opinions. Yes? Doesn't mean any one is right either btw...

The one constant for me aside from the 'what', is the 'how'. Utterly appalling and shambolic; including the treatment of several people. Timelines don't stack up and recent board meetings with potential investors (Bell) seemingly were a waste of everyone's time if the 'in discussions for two months' comment from the new duo is accurate. He was never 'getting in' really, was he. And Karl was always short term; confirmed by the 'FAFC club official throw away comments at shaw lane on last day of season', allegedly.

Was the get rid of Moz point / debate that seemed to upset and divide so many even worth the debate? If these guys were coming in anyhow then SF was getting the job. Moz would have gone anyway. We know that was a 'board split' discussion. He was always going to go. May be Moz and JKs unhappiness should be directed at the full board... well, most of it...

Especially if the 'investment to give short term stability' point is true also. I think this is one of the points that still hasn't been answered. This is also a common point raised on this board by several people.

The budget is similar, possibly even less, than what Moz and latterly Karl had. What is the financial stability that is referenced. This, for me, and indeed others judging by the comments on here, remains the million dollar question. (If only, eh...)

Questions still linger over the new community /academy building and the costs/debts. I doubt they'll ever be fully answered.

Something has obviously changed behind the scenes and in many ways those things rarely surface.

Whether SF has bought the job or not, and in all reality he has (being part of the 'deal' in all probability), supporters should give him a chance. Me included.

Do I think what's happened is right/positive etc? Right now, it's a no. But who can see the future.

People are worried. That much is obvious. But time will tell. Let's just hope that the board members have made the right choice. I'm sure they all felt there was no other option. For whatever reason. And if they haven't; I'm sure they'll fall on their collective swords. Seemingly there are plenty of people ready to form AFC Frickley already...

Let's hope the team does well and pushes for promotion. Anything else is a failure imho.

Roll on August.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:28 pm 

Debate is fantastic when done properly, if you'd have come Wednesday you will have seen that some don't quite grasp how it works. A bit like on here, if you don't agree with some, they try and beat you down. As someone said to me earlier 'Christ. At the end of the day, it's 11 men kicking a ball about' :lol:

By the way, the most impressive person on the night wasn't spencer or Ryan, certainly not the board. But one of the supporters. Maurice Lacey spoke with common sense and passion right from the heart. Well done sir.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:52 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
Debate is fantastic when done properly, if you'd have come Wednesday you will have seen that some don't quite grasp how it works. A bit like on here, if you don't agree with some, they try and beat you down. As someone said to me earlier 'Christ. At the end of the day, it's 11 men kicking a ball about' :lol:

By the way, the most impressive person on the night wasn't spencer or Ryan, certainly not the board. But one of the supporters. Maurice Lacey spoke with common sense and passion right from the heart. Well done sir.

Who are the some? Didn't hear you ask a question by the way

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:58 pm 

Funnily enough I asked 'who the chairman was going to be'. And 'can we get wheat crunchies behind the bar'. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:17 pm 

Who are the some SMS by the way notice you've got a glory hunters season ticket for sufc so you'll be attending plenty of Frickley games then

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:48 pm 

Old school wrote:
Who are the some SMS by the way notice you've got a glory hunters season ticket for sufc so you'll be attending plenty of Frickley games then

If I were a glory hunter, wouldn't I have gone to loads of matches last season when they were in the top 2 for the most of the season and won the league,I got to 4 games, and watched mainly dross at wezzy lane. I chose to get a ST as my daughter wanted one, and when I heard this fella Bell was going to be involved. You know, the guy who paraded himself in the dugout as part of the coaching team, warmed up with the players, and never parted with a penny. It was all 'look at me'. Choice is a bugger ain't it.

Work it out. You appear to have all the answers. Don't forget, in your words 'I'm done' with this club. So you won't be going to any games, or have you changed your mind ? :lol:

Last edited by seanmarshallsshorts on Sat May 27, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:02 pm 

I think plenty of ppl have said they're 'done' with the club SMS and won't be around next season... around the time of the Moz sacking and certainly after/recently. I bet 80%+ are still there next season, either side of the ropes...

Unless they have a season ticket at SU...

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:05 pm 

Somehow I don't think every sufc home game will clash with every Frickley home game :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:54 pm 

I say glory hunter as you didn't go much when in lower division now moved up a league and you're back chest thumping yes glory hunter and no I won't be be going to Frickley until common sense and truth prevails

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:58 pm 

Old school wrote:
I say glory hunter as you didn't go much when in lower division now moved up a league and you're back chest thumping yes glory hunter and no I won't be be going to Frickley until common sense and truth prevails

Ok I'm a glory hunter, you've caught me out. Does that make you feel better. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:06 pm 

Your getting some stick SMS all I can say is what goes round comes round. Read some of your own posts in the past you have said some shall I say un wise things and not nice at time.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:11 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Your getting some stick SMS all I can say is what goes round comes round. Read some of your own posts in the past you have said some shall I say un wise things and not nice at time.

Totally agree , I'm human after all. None of us get it right all the time. Be thankful, while they're trying to bully me. They're leaving you alone.! I'm a big boy, I can take it. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:37 pm 

That's not the case at all SMS I'm merely trying to point out we all have our own opinions on a variety of things if you think I'm bullying you I oppologise that's not the case at all I knew I'd get a reaction from you on sufc cos they are your team and I wanted to see your reaction to show I don't have the same opinion as you on another subject

If I've come across you thinking that please accept my sincere apologies (ps I thought you've known me long enough to know I'm not like that sorry pal)

Last edited by Old school on Sat May 27, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:24 pm 

SMS you don't like bell cos he sat on the bench yet you have no problem with a director been manager? And basically buying himself the job?

Also did you not vow to never go again under karl on here yet were there revelling in the 7th place finish?

Just saying glass houses and all that

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next