It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fans forum meeting
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:53 pm 

It's pretty obvious that Spencer wouldn't have got the job if he wasn't putting the money in and like I say I've never known a Manager/Director be a success but I'll back the club 100% and back the new regime with a certain degree of scepticism.
Regarding him saying he'd walk away if he lost the first 10 games he was asked the question, if he would sack himself if he lost the first 10 games and responded that he'd walk away. I thought it was slightly reassuring when I asked if that meant as manager or also from the club and he said it would depend on the circumstances but it didn't necessarily mean he would walk away from the club as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:29 pm 

Does anyone know any other clubs step 4 or above where the manager is also on the board? I assume there must be some but a quick search hasn't found any yet.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:50 pm 

Let's cast our mind back when Karl Rose was appointed. Frickley were a premier league club, and upon hearing he was appointed, the vast majority said who's he ?. we all had to google him, and all we found was that he'd had a stint at HMP. He'd been a youth player at Barnsley, suffered an injury and had been around some non league clubs as a player and not scored that many goals for a striker. His managerial experience was limited to Goole in Evo-stik Division 1 who finished mid-table. I don't know if he has any footballing qualifications in terms of caoching licence etc etc. I've never seen anything published.

What's the first thing he did, he brought 5 or 6 players from Goole with him pre-season from the league below. It's what managers do. Nobody was on here moaning and groaning saying this & that, subjecting him to name calling or try to belittle his personal or professional level. He was welcomed with open arms and given a chance, like any fair minded fan would do. One of his strengths were, if the players weren't up to the level, He got shut and brought someone else in, that's still one of his strengths to date. A couple of Goole lads were the first to go in Johnstone and Helliwell from memory.

so what's different with the new guy. Yes, he's bought himself a job in essence and may or may have not got it on merit if it was a straight interview with other applicants. Nobody can say for sure. He's committed to putting a lot of his own wealth in through his business, and see's it has a challenge for himself. When Dingbat asked him was his xp of management was. IMO He gave a perfectly good answer. He explained how he got into coaching and managing people through boxing, and fell into the football through helping a friend out on with a Sunday team. He's got a Uefa licence in football coaching, Sports Psychology degree & was doing a degree in sports science. And the highest level he managed at was Maltby in the NCEL. Include the fact he bought East Stirling and got involved at Stockport. This guy thrives on challenges, the evidence is there !.
He then eluded that he'd been offered coaching jobs at championship level, which i imagine was Sheff Wed or Rotherham through his contacts with the academy. Now for me, that's not shying away from anything. he's just giving an honest account in front of 50 people.

Dingbat threw a tantrum, and said "anybody can say that, i could say that". basically calling the guy a liar. How mature :lol:

What make's a good manager, a man who played the game fleetingly at pro level and bobbed around non league, or a guy who has got all the caps n badges up to the hilt. The answer i would say, is either could. Let's take for example Bobby Charlton, and Tony Adams. Great players, can't manage for toffee. Nigel Adkins, the old physio by trade, fell into coaching when there was nobody to take over and took Scunthorpe and Southampton to promotion.

Yes, the guys from Maltby (and my crystal ball has told me the identity of 4 of them) probably wont be able to make the step up, maybe one will. I'm sure Spencer will soon found out if they can or not, the advantage being he's the guy with the money to do something about it. !

How anyone can have the need to slag this guy off before we've even seen them kick a ball is beyond me. Let's get behind him, he'll make mistakes, let's see if he can rectify them and create a team. Then we all slag him off :lol:

As for the other guy Ryan, yes he likes a William Wallace speech, let's see what he brings before we call him every name under the sun and jump on the bandwagon of Stockport fans. I'm sure we are all smart enough to make our own opinions. If they fail, they fail. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Dingbat keeps referring to Karl this, Karl that again as he did when Lee was manager. We get it, he's your uncle and you will never accept anyone else as manager unless it's Karl. It's endearing that you stand by him so much,it's natural. But to be honest it's frankly getting a bit obsessive and freakish. Karl's not manager for now, and maybe one day he will be back. Then you can go back to being a Frickley fan, instead of just a Karl Rose fan. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:03 pm 

what's your reply to this Dingbat was you at meeting in Wednesday seanmarshall shorts

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:49 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
Let's cast our mind back when Karl Rose was appointed. Frickley were a premier league club, and upon hearing he was appointed, the vast majority said who's he ?. we all had to google him, and all we found was that he'd had a stint at HMP. He'd been a youth player at Barnsley, suffered an injury and had been around some non league clubs as a player and not scored that many goals for a striker. His managerial experience was limited to Goole in Evo-stik Division 1 who finished mid-table. I don't know if he has any footballing qualifications in terms of caoching licence etc etc. I've never seen anything published.

What's the first thing he did, he brought 5 or 6 players from Goole with him pre-season from the league below. It's what managers do. Nobody was on here moaning and groaning saying this & that, subjecting him to name calling or try to belittle his personal or professional level. He was welcomed with open arms and given a chance, like any fair minded fan would do. One of his strengths were, if the players weren't up to the level, He got shut and brought someone else in, that's still one of his strengths to date. A couple of Goole lads were the first to go in Johnstone and Helliwell from memory.

so what's different with the new guy. Yes, he's bought himself a job in essence and may or may have not got it on merit if it was a straight interview with other applicants. Nobody can say for sure. He's committed to putting a lot of his own wealth in through his business, and see's it has a challenge for himself. When Dingbat asked him was his xp of management was. IMO He gave a perfectly good answer. He explained how he got into coaching and managing people through boxing, and fell into the football through helping a friend out on with a Sunday team. He's got a Uefa licence in football coaching, Sports Psychology degree & was doing a degree in sports science. And the highest level he managed at was Maltby in the NCEL. Include the fact he bought East Stirling and got involved at Stockport. This guy thrives on challenges, the evidence is there !.
He then eluded that he'd been offered coaching jobs at championship level, which i imagine was Sheff Wed or Rotherham through his contacts with the academy. Now for me, that's not shying away from anything. he's just giving an honest account in front of 50 people.

Dingbat threw a tantrum, and said "anybody can say that, i could say that". basically calling the guy a liar. How mature :lol:

What make's a good manager, a man who played the game fleetingly at pro level and bobbed around non league, or a guy who has got all the caps n badges up to the hilt. The answer i would say, is either could. Let's take for example Bobby Charlton, and Tony Adams. Great players, can't manage for toffee. Nigel Adkins, the old physio by trade, fell into coaching when there was nobody to take over and took Scunthorpe and Southampton to promotion.

Yes, the guys from Maltby (and my crystal ball has told me the identity of 4 of them) probably wont be able to make the step up, maybe one will. I'm sure Spencer will soon found out if they can or not, the advantage being he's the guy with the money to do something about it. !

How anyone can have the need to slag this guy off before we've even seen them kick a ball is beyond me. Let's get behind him, he'll make mistakes, let's see if he can rectify them and create a team. Then we all slag him off :lol:

As for the other guy Ryan, yes he likes a William Wallace speech, let's see what he brings before we call him every name under the sun and jump on the bandwagon of Stockport fans. I'm sure we are all smart enough to make our own opinions. If they fail, they fail. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Dingbat keeps referring to Karl this, Karl that again as he did when Lee was manager. We get it, he's your uncle and you will never accept anyone else as manager unless it's Karl. It's endearing that you stand by him so much,it's natural. But to be honest it's frankly getting a bit obsessive and freakish. Karl's not manager for now, and maybe one day he will be back. Then you can go back to being a Frickley fan, instead of just a Karl Rose fan. :D

Firstly Karl isn't my uncle, secondly if your happy with what's happening fair enough, let's not forget you did your Italian tank impression with mozza you slagged him off as much as anyone then as soon as JK became your best mate on Twitter your were there biggest fan, in public anyway, you have more faces than the town hall clock, and frankly if you believe what them 2 said Wednesday your an idiot,

I asked him a question weds and make reference to sheff weds he got face on so then I said we'll don't answer then he sat there giving evils to me after, it's you who has brought karl up so I will say this if you asked Karl a question you got a straIght answer not a load of waffle

I ain't ref to karl this and that I have ref to who he was bringing in and the friendlies he had arranged and compared them to what we are doing now

Also you give no opinion on how pete has been treated or how the board have lied? Or how the statement contradicts what was said other night?? Sitting on the fence as usual

My concern isn't Karl yeah I think he has been treated like crap, mine is that for one 8k of my families money is in that club and for two I have travelled home and away for 3 or 4 seasons watching so I obviously have an affinity wether you like it or not

Jog on lad and keep bum licking spencer on Twitter

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:52 pm 

I was. Imo there was some very valid points, and lots not so. I'd agree the board don't come out shining on how the deal was done, especially Petes exclusion. And yes Karl must be gutted as he was only paraded in front of the fans a few weeks back. But what's done Is done and the board have to earn the trust of the fans again.

I take what people say on face value, I don't call them a liar, until I evidence to prove otherwise . As for slagging off Lee & co, I actually apologised on here for doing so. And what's wrong with wishing someone well in their new job. You don't wish people to fail unless you have an agenda

By the way 'investment' doesn't just refer to return of profit in financial terms. That would for example include time or skills. Seldom does anyone get a return in financial profit from football

:D

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:09 pm 

Steady SMS steady, you know that reasoned debate isn't allowed any more, but well said sir.

It's one way or the highway - I appreciate that doesn't scan as well as 'my way or the highway' but I did my best.

If you do go jogging, give me a shout but I hope you don't go too fast, I've got a bad knee

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:55 pm 

Mini Maureenio wrote:
Steady SMS steady, you know that reasoned debate isn't allowed any more, but well said sir.

It's one way or the highway - I appreciate that doesn't scan as well as 'my way or the highway' but I did my best.

If you do go jogging, give me a shout but I hope you don't go too fast, I've got a bad knee

We've been in worse positions with managers. Barraclough, Hancock and Sharpe spring to mind. All this uncertainty made me wish I'd held back on buying our ST at bramall lane now. :D

In one post I got called an Italian tank, an idiot, a bum licker and told to jog on..That told me didn't it. What makes you think that's not reasonable debate. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:21 pm 

this makes interesting reading, some excellent posts from bluedragon and sms and particularly from dear old f1,
a lot of people with some chips still left on their shoulders, lets face it, spencer and ryan are here for now, so lets embrace them and try and work with them, until the time comes when or if they dont deliver what they say they will, they were probably unaware of all the vitriolic comments against the current board that were to come out on wednesday night, i felt a tad sorry for them, yes spencer has probably bought himself the job but we need to back him and the team until they prove not to be sufficient for the job,
i reckon he will find out within the first 2 months that half of the maltby side will not cut it at evo-stik level.
spencer was the shining light on weds evening with what seemed straight honest answers, something the board has not been giving in recent months, especially with the farce of an evening with the supporters club meeting the management team,which could have been avoided for giving any reason by the chairman, i understand he couldnt let the real reason slip,heaven knows it would have been another white lie to add to the list, but why waste peoples time and money is shameless.
the board looked a total shambolic mess the other night,either sat with smirky grins,shaking their head and getting flustered like someone having an angina attack, or sat there like a thunderbirds puppet.
this board has lost respect in my eyes but lets hope that ryan and spencer can bring some of this back for me, i will still be there come august sporting my colours for the club,as for my season ticket, well thats for another day.
but lets get behind the guys and see what they can do for us.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:38 pm 

Listen most on here will know me am a passionate bloke especially about my football, yeah sometimes i go too far or put things on here maybe I shouldn't thats me and I won't change

Of course I am mad about how Karl has been treated he isn't my uncle he is my cousin as many will know, however like he says that's football, I am also appalled at how pete and others have been treated by the board, however I think the one thing everyone on here does agree about is that the board have trelated people badly and been out of order basically, so let's draw a line under that now it's happened it's done

However I also believe that my passion for Frickley is there for all to see , many others most others in fact on this board or at the games have been watching frickley far longer than me and it is a privilege to stand and support the team with these lads it really is, so much so that for the last 4 years I have found myself at places such as chorley and Rushall on a Tuesday night, watching from the touchline at Harworth colliery in the Sheffield cup, I have followed the team from the dispare of been beaten at home by Marske in the FA cup to the glory of a 7th place finish last season its been an honour and a privilege it really has so different to watching barnsley struggling in the championship were overpaid prima donnas cheat to win and turn you against your love of football, I love going to frickley it's a special place and my concerns are Bourne out of that place potentially been spoIlt and nothing else,

Like I said at the start of the post often I go 2 far often passion and emotions run away with me but the reasons I am concerned about what is happening at the club 'our club' is nothing to do with Karl leaving yeah of course it's disappointing but like I say that's done am concerned in summary due to the following
1. The intentions of SF and RM especially after what info there is out there regarding other clubs previous experience of them surely that's a valid concern??
2. The relationship with this academy it doesn't sit well with me, again a valid concern?
3. The fact it's not clear why these 2 are involved, what ever your current opinion there must be a reason they are here now it might be a good one there intensions may well be good but RM himself said at the meeting they were looking for a club to Invest in why is the question?, now I understand it may not be a direct financial reward they recieve it may well be an intangible benefit to there academy however what ever it is the concerning thing is the secrecy why not just say what benefit there involvement with frickley has? Surely again a valid concern?
4. The fact the manager hasn't been appointed on merit which I think everyone agrees with. again surely that's a valid concern?
5. The managers previous record, fair doo's it far from bad but it's not breathtaking either, esp with a decent budget
6. The nievety that has been evident, the fact he said he had no idea how much evo stick lads were on, I have also been told 100% fact that he wants to work with a director of football as he doesn't know the level now fair enough some might say but there is an experienced board there who know what players are payed yet he has basically embarrassed himself and the club in the last 2 wks offering players money they are never going to accept, the fact he believes that signing half a team from maltby will yield success, all of this is a concern for me maybe not for others but for me it is as I want to see a competitive team on the field and recruitment is key to this
7. The flashiness of SF all the bragging of what he has done what offers he has had, I want to know how we will win games not what degree he has or which boxers he has coached that's irrelevant again that concerns me it may not do others am a barnsley lad I call a spade a spade that's me
In summary am worried about next season am worried about the future therefore I voice my opinion, SF will get a chance to show his ability both as a manager and in the running of the club in general currently I need to see more evidence or have more answers before I can fully back him am sorry but that's how I see it, others will disagree and that's totally fine but that's were am at

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:44 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
Mini Maureenio wrote:

We've been in worse positions with managers. Barraclough, Hancock and Sharpe spring to mind. All this uncertainty made me wish I'd held back on buying our ST at bramall lane now. :D

In one post I got called an Italian tank, an idiot, a bum licker and told to jog on..That told me didn't it. What makes you think that's not reasonable debate. :lol:

I will apologise for that and rightly so

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:06 am 

SMS you do this every time slagged off Morris slagged off Karl and it's basically I think because they didn't really give you time in the bar after games apart from the odd word Rico,marrow,rinky and now spencer and co just because he answered your email you're at it again when sf is bored or walks out you'll be at it again so sorry pal I personally take your comments with a pinch of salt more faces than town hall clock

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:35 am 

SMS you do this every time every time a manager shows any interest in you you're on your pedestal Lee Morris,Karl rose you slagged off ,marrow Rico,rinky even Billy can't do anything wrong and now Spencer is it because they all stand and talk to you in the bar or answer your emails.The reason this has caused such a divide is not just a football point of Veiw but how it all came about the lies the secrecy the deception by the board do we still not know how much money is in the supporters club account ? How on earth can that building cost £600,000 all the extras have supposedly been sanctioned by the architect Steve wells how the feck can he sanction the exorbitant costs of extras that have been done on our behalf it's like you say it's ok to put a new roof on my next door neighbors house cos there are paying oh yes and add some on.On the football front I don't trust these two even less now than before the meeting
( my own Veiw ) the're business men as well as football men the Stockport chairmanship text well I coul write that looking at there history it just doesn't fill me with confidence sorry.The 31 year old fantastic player could play anywhere but never higher tha maltby cos he's not bothered about playing at higher level mm is it cows or Bulls

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:02 am 

Totally agree on how it's come to fruition. It's been shambholic. Karl would have done a good job this season if the funds were there. But imo this Bell fella wasn't backing up his intentions. He's had ample opportunity to come up with the cash, to be frank he was made to look a bit of a fool at the meeting.

These 2 could be the worst thing ever. But I wouldn't say most people's beefs have owt to do with these two. Like I said Last week if fans want to change the composite of the board, get on through the supporters club, or go on the board yourself . Sitting on the sidelines moaning will only get so far. instead of offering countless arguments and issues, come up with solutions. That's what my gaffer tells me !

As for the other bits. I emailed nobody, I messaged Ryan on twitter for answers on what we all want to know, questions on the academy, his position etc etc. I said on here I'd email him if I got no response. But he messaged back to give me answers, I shared some of those answers with you Sunday. If he doesn't stick to those answers, then we can all go ape and call him a liar.
As for slagging off managers, I didn't know I was that harsh on them, and at times I change my opinion. How little of me to man up and admit I was wrong. I promise to temper my argument in future and make it far more constructive to harmonise with your style.

After all we should all agree on everything :D

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:22 am 

We certainly dont do that SMS we like to agree to disagree

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next