It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fans forum meeting
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:19 pm 

Yeah they have a partnership with gainsborough apparently

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:10 pm 

couldn't make it to the meeting due to work, but cannot say i'm confident in next season, i was with karl and co. being there but listening to everyones concerns is troubling. ncel next stop then ?? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:44 am 

forest blue wrote:
couldn't make it to the meeting due to work, but cannot say i'm confident in next season, i was with karl and co. being there but listening to everyones concerns is troubling. ncel next stop then ?? :roll:

At the moment anything is probably possible, including success... one thing he did promise though was that if we were near the bottom after 10 games he'd walk away as manager. Well you missed a big attendance and a lot of shouting, which was effectively two meetings at once as a lot of people had side-issues to air. If you go to the next supporters meeting, McKnight has promised to attend (neither of them had a snowboard by the way). Also that there will be a supporters club 'rep' in future who will be able to attend board meetings so that there is less (real or perceived) secrecy. The wheat crunchies issue was brought up by the crisp development officer, but I clean forget the response he got.

Old school wrote:
The interview today spencer said he wanted hard working players like he had at maltby now correct me if I'm wrong but last night he said 5 are coming from maltby that's half the team cos it looks like none of our existing team want to play for him

Might need to check the minutes for that one (the sooner they're posted online the better! :D ), as I thought he said that there was only one player who he felt would fit straight in to the first team (at which point a few names were thrown forward), plus a few possibles/young uns that weren't ready right away.

Last edited by boyspen on Fri May 26, 2017 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:58 am 

hope they are not banning bacon flavour 8) there has to be something behind his/their investment otherwise you just wouldn't do it. before anything else they need a team. i feel an emley coming on tbh, hope i'm wrong but......

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:19 am 

forest blue wrote:
hope they are not banning bacon flavour 8) there has to be something behind his/their investment otherwise you just wouldn't do it. before anything else they need a team. i feel an emley coming on tbh, hope i'm wrong but......

If you look at how much SF put into Stockport and wrote off, Frickley is a small fraction of that. Aside from what Lifeskills and NEFA get out of it, I would take it at face value that a big aspect is he wants the challenge of managing at a higher level, and what getting Frickley promoted would be as an achievement. That might be a bit presumptuous on my part, but I'm sure he'd answer directly if you emailed or twit-mithered him or whatever.
+do they even make any other flavour of wheat crunchies? I think I've only ever had bacon.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:55 am 

I agree that there is nothing tangible they can take from the club they can't for example raise loans as there isn't any assetts therefore there is also nothing to sell,

But as a business NEFA makes a lot of money from government NEET funding by running courses for 16 to 18 year old's now there isn't nothing wrong with that it seems at face value to be a reputable business that provides a service for young lads so everyone benefits but myou point remains a business doesn't invest a significant sum of money in another business without a valid reason or return behind it

So it's a sensible conclusion that they are going to gain some kind of benefit or income long or short term directly or indirectly from been involved with the club, but they stated at the meeting this wasn't the case so the question as to why they are here wasn't answered at all,

Further to the above at the start of the meeting mcknight stated NEFA had been looking for a club to invest in, now invest means you expect a return,

Point is why the secrecy

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:02 am 

Old school wrote:
The interview today spencer said he wanted hard working players like he had at maltby now correct me if I'm wrong but last night he said 5 are coming from maltby that's half the team cos it looks like none of our existing team want to play for him

To confirm he did say he was bringing 5 from malty at the meeting, he mentioned a few individuallysuch as the 31 year old centre back, a winger and a striker but he defo said he was bringing 5 players from maltby

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:41 am 

Couldn't also make the meeting the other night due to work commitments. I too am a big fan of Karl and was optimistic for the coming season.
I would have thought the best people to have in the meeting answering questions on wednesday would have been the board, they are the ones who made the appointment and it would be nice to know their thinking. I don't like the way things are going at my club but prepared to give them a chance as we don't seem to have a choice.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:42 am 

Everyone has a choice and I have decided nt to support them if I wanted to support crackpots I would vote labour

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:24 pm 

All this is very sad reading. I think after the shock of going down had passed we all hoped that with Karl back and some very good player coming to Frickley we where all hopefull for this coming season. I carnt see us doing anything this season not even sure we will have a team worth anything maybe not even have a board as I THINK THEY WILL ALL WALK AWAY if we have a bad start. I dont know who will be there to pick up the bits any more if anyone. Will we then have a club? HOW HAVE WE COME TO THIS? Has the club got any money problems? Did the board bring these in to, in their words bring financial stability for the short term? because we have big money problems.If we do have money problems why have we? I have watch Frickley for many long years now and have NEVER seen mis managment like this before at my once great club. I can say from the bottom of my heart with true feeling it HURTS belive me it HURTS.
Board hang your heads in shame.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:50 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
All this is very sad reading. I think after the shock of going down had passed we all hoped that with Karl back and some very good player coming to Frickley we where all hopefull for this coming season. I carnt see us doing anything this season not even sure we will have a team worth anything maybe not even have a board as I THINK THEY WILL ALL WALK AWAY if we have a bad start. I dont know who will be there to pick up the bits any more if anyone. Will we then have a club? HOW HAVE WE COME TO THIS? Has the club got any money problems? Did the board bring these in to, in their words bring financial stability for the short term? because we have big money problems.If we do have money problems why have we? I have watch Frickley for many long years now and have NEVER seen mis managment like this before at my once great club. I can say from the bottom of my heart with true feeling it HURTS belive me it HURTS.
Board hang your heads in shame.

Your correct Frickley1 the statement said NEFA had invested funds in the short term to stabilise the club that very statement is still on the club website for all to see yet at the meeting on Wednesday the board said the club was not in trouble and there was no financial problems

That Is fact the statement is their in the public domain and the board said the rest at the meeting in front of 30 people of not more, both can't be true and wether you agree or not wether you are willing to sit back and give these 2 a chance the facts are there that the statement put out about the change disagrees with what the board said on Wednesday

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:34 pm 

I've given it a couple of days to try to digest what I heard at the meeting and allow myself time to express a considered opinion.
Firstly the meeting itself would have benefited from having a chairperson as it degenerated into a free for all and slanging match at times but all in all I feel most of the new guys answers were reasonable and they did try to offer valid explanations where possible. I think some people attended with an agenda and wouldn't have been willing to listen to anything that didn't match their pre-conceived ideas.
I have to say I feel a bit more optimistic now than I did before Wednesday. Don't get me wrong this isn't some kind of Damascene conversion, as I do feel there are still question marks around what happened at their previous clubs, and around what they want from the club.
In my opinion the board could have handled things much better especially concerning the treatment of certain people within the club.
Regarding Spencer taking over as manager, I've never been a fan of managers who are also Director/Owners. I've never known it to be a success, and no, they probably wouldn't get the job if they weren't also investing, so you could say they are buying the position. However to question the managers signings before we've actually seen any details and to question his ability because he came from a league below (a lot of our managers do, Karl/Lee/Billy) seems a bit premature.
As a Frickley fan (rather than a Karl fan, or a Morris fan, or Pete Bywater fan or a Gareth Dando fan) of 40 years, I'm willing to give Spencer and Ryan a chance to prove themselves and prove that what they were telling us was not spin or lies. One thing Ryan said that I agree with 100% is that we have no chance of succeeding if are divided as a club. 'Together Stronger' as the Manics said.
I'll continue to support Frickley through thick or thin, for as long as I'm able, whoever the manager/board/chairman is. After all, if I wanted to jump ship and desert the club I've supported all this time, I'd vote UKIP or Tory.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:48 pm 

Everyone has there own opinion I have supported frickley for 27 years and never felt as worst as I do now I fear for the club history

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:10 pm 

Bluedragon wrote:
I've given it a couple of days to try to digest what I heard at the meeting and allow myself time to express a considered opinion.
Firstly the meeting itself would have benefited from having a chairperson as it degenerated into a free for all and slanging match at times but all in all I feel most of the new guys answers were reasonable and they did try to offer valid explanations where possible. I think some people attended with an agenda and wouldn't have been willing to listen to anything that didn't match their pre-conceived ideas.
I have to say I feel a bit more optimistic now than I did before Wednesday. Don't get me wrong this isn't some kind of Damascene conversion, as I do feel there are still question marks around what happened at their previous clubs, and around what they want from the club.
In my opinion the board could have handled things much better especially concerning the treatment of certain people within the club.
Regarding Spencer taking over as manager, I've never been a fan of managers who are also Director/Owners. I've never known it to be a success, and no, they probably wouldn't get the job if they weren't also investing, so you could say they are buying the position. However to question the managers signings before we've actually seen any details and to question his ability because he came from a league below (a lot of our managers do, Karl/Lee/Billy) seems a bit premature.
As a Frickley fan (rather than a Karl fan, or a Morris fan, or Pete Bywater fan or a Gareth Dando fan) of 40 years, I'm willing to give Spencer and Ryan a chance to prove themselves and prove that what they were telling us was not spin or lies. One thing Ryan said that I agree with 100% is that we have no chance of succeeding if are divided as a club. 'Together Stronger' as the Manics said.
I'll continue to support Frickley through thick or thin, for as long as I'm able, whoever the manager/board/chairman is. After all, if I wanted to jump ship and desert the club I've supported all this time, I'd vote UKIP or Tory.

Some good point dragon and I agree with some of the things you say, also I respect your opinion and if you want to go next season and back the team fair doo's, but the meeting left a lot of things not cleared up, and any manager at any club should be there on merit i agree a manager can step up from lower down and many have in the past my concern is the club have ignored better candidates in the past they have ignored similar candidates in the past yet we are told to believe spencer is the best man for the job? Also I am giving him a chance but he ain't that impressed he got a bit shirty at the meeting has contradicted a lot of things he has said and clearly is struggling to bring in anywhere quality players, now that may change and if it does then great but at moment we are looking good at having a team consisting of 5 or 6 lads from maltby, 3 or 4 released academy lads and some loans from Gainsborough trinity who NEFA are also involved with, off the pitch I have different concerns of course but so far spencer fearn has given me no reason to believe he is man to take the club forward it's up to him to prove the doubters wrong, now he said he would walk after 10 games if we are struggling now for me that is a massive negative not a positive it's hardly something a leader says, also a lot of stuff he said was 'showboating' in my opinion like dropping into answers here had been offered jobs by championship clubs (which?) And how he is going to sweat test players I heard nothing g about how he intends to win games on the pitch or bring in any quality players

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:43 pm 

One of lads from maltby I hear is cam rigby also a keeper who used to be at barnsley called rusling seen both a fair few times and if thats the standard then god sake

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next