It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fans forum meeting
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:39 pm 

we all feel the same way boyspen

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:41 pm 

yea he did say that last night at the meeting I have watched maltby a lot and they is nt 5 players who can make the step to evo stik level

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:47 pm 

did I hear one of them speaking about minsthorpe college deal thought it all sorted 3 months ago according to website

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:49 pm 

DUFFYLUFFY wrote:
yea he did say that last night at the meeting I have watched maltby a lot and they is nt 5 players who can make the step to evo stik level

Thing is yeah bring 2 or 3 max in from maltby and let them stake a claim fair enough Karl and mozza both brought in plenty of lads from NCEL but the thing is them 2 or 3 then come into a side of better players and either step up or fall away also they are helped to improve by been around a higher calibre of player

But If you bring in 5 plus at once you don't get any improvement (like the above) your basically playing evo stick football with a team (maltby) that let's remember were mid table last year with a budget in top 5 or 6 teams

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:51 pm 

DUFFYLUFFY wrote:

Not everyone, else there wouldn't have been these changes made. Just wouldn't be my way of doing things. Also think a lot aren't happy, but are more concerned about results than ethics so are waiting to see what happens on the pitch for the time being.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:54 pm 

Yeah very true Dingbat like ashley flynn scored all goals for afc Emley but when he came to frickley he struggled

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:56 pm 

boyspen wrote:
DUFFYLUFFY wrote:

Not everyone, else there wouldn't have been these changes made. Just wouldn't be my way of doing things. Also think a lot aren't happy, but are more concerned about results than ethics so are waiting to see what happens on the pitch for the time being.

I think they would have made changes regardless of what people think like 3 of the board wanted to sack morris but one didn't so they didn't sack him till 3 days before transfer deadline

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:57 pm 

boyspen wrote:
Personally I'm past caring who plays for the club next season. Will take an interest if/when we get a manager who's there on merit.

100% agree boyspen, I asked this very question last night and got no proper answers, let's remember that as good as this spencer fella thinks he is his record at Maltby was average at best they have hardly set the division ablaze and maltby had a very competitive budget last year at that level that is fact, yet Wayne Benn ( who for the record wouldn't be my choice - failed misrably at goole) just for an example has done a far better job at Hemsworth yeah they have a decent budget for the level but still done better than malty and has a promotion on his CV yet the current board (obviously minus the 2 new lads) have dismissed his 2 previous job applications out of hand

So the question is if Wayne Benn isnt good enough or any other NCEL manager in the recent past why is this bloke any different?

The answer he has bought him self the job which says it all

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:00 pm 

Yeah I heard you ask that question lot disappointed with the Spencer reply

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:03 pm 

DUFFYLUFFY wrote:
Yeah very true Dingbat like ashley flynn scored all goals for afc Emley but when he came to frickley he struggled

Yeah agree, he struggled went back was worth a go didn't work out, others such as reece thompson went the other way and workes but the risk is if say of 4 out of 6 don't work next to year ( in an inexperienced team) we will be loosing every week

My main concern is this lad is nieve he thinks he is Jose Mourinho but he doesn't know the level he said he works hard etc but yet he ain't a clue how much players are been paid at this level he thinks he can sign a Gav allott or a JC for 120 a week it's dislusional expecting a 31 year old centre back to step up who aint ever played higher I mean come on?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:05 pm 

He had one season in sole charge at maltby and finished 14th. First season he was joint manager and finished 7th with the guy who he helped at Joker (these are off top of me head). So potentially decent but unproven over time is an accurate summary IMO

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:06 pm 

Yeah it was like when Dave baines asked Spencer why are you here

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:10 pm 

boyspen wrote:
He had one season in sole charge at maltby and finished 14th. First season he was joint manager and finished 7th with the guy who he helped at Joker (these are off top of me head). So potentially decent but unproven over time is an accurate summary IMO

That's correct, but just looking at table Athersley finished well above them and they don't pay players at all, like I say maltby had a decent budget last year they were paying Adams from Belper a right wedge yet couldn't trouble the top half

So why haven't club tried to get Athersley manager just an example that he ain't got the job on merit

Also last night he said his best players at Maltby were strikers looking at top scores list I expected to see 2 or even 3 maltby lads on the list I was very surprised then to see that there was 0

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:15 pm 

DUFFYLUFFY wrote:
Yeah it was like when Dave baines asked Spencer why are you here

He didnt answer in any direct way

So a business (NEFA) have invested 25k (from reports) into another business (Frickley AFC) yet are expecting no return at all???

Cos he said last night there was nothing in it for them? There must be something and wether you like them or not believe them or not anyone with any common sense must know that there has to be a reason they are here it may be a good reason and innocent one? But If so why not just be honest and upfront about it? A business does not simply give another business money for no reason and no return

And before anyone says the official statement on the club website says NEFA have invested the funds

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:17 pm 

Just googled it (which isn't easy on my phone!) - Mark Askwith was there for first season at maltby then stepped down last summer.

Last edited by boyspen on Thu May 25, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next