It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Let's have some positivity guys
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:43 pm 

Is this frank spencers record 'that great' at Maltby?? Its respectable at best, and the club have ignored a man who has done a far better job down the road at Hemsworth for the managers job at least twice; so if Wayne Benn isnt good enough for the job then why is this spencer fella?

The answer in my opinion is this spencer has bought him self the job, so the message is put a few grand in club and you can take over as manager,

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:36 pm 

Finchley Tiger wrote:

I should just like to say that over the past two seasons I have heard nothing but positive things from people I deal with at Maltby regarding Spencer Fearn. I have witnessed how he transformed the team on the pitch.

I would like to point out however, and I think this is crucial in this debate, Fearn was just the manager at Maltby, I may be wrong but I don't think he was on the Board. They have a very good Chairman in Wilf Race, a true "football man", who was a good footballer "in his day" who understands how to run a football club. He is supported by some hard working people.

That situation is different to what it was at Stockport; I remember all the vitriol that was directed towards Fearn from Stockport fans at the time.

Good luck guys, keep the debate going.

Ps I have just looked on the Frickley website for the Fearn interview and I'm afraid in my opinion there is a bit of an own goal. All I could find was a link to an interview Fearn gave to Non League Yorkshire, surely his first interview about his new role should have been to the Frickley website not James Grayson's Non League Yorkshire site??

Yeah, I know people at Maltby mesen, and have been down there a few times under him, and as I posted elsewhere both on a personal and manager level he seems to be very well thought of by them. However, the last proper communication Frickley 'the club' had with the fans was a supporters meeting about 3/4 weeks ago. We were told how completely the board were behind Karl, how he (+his team) was the ideal person to both stabilise the club on and off the field, and take it forwards. Therefore, the club wanted all supporters to pull together and get behind this vision for next season, and that plans had already begun for how karl was going to do this. We were told how Karl ticked all the important boxes which the board wanted from a manager, including plenty of Evo-Stik League experience, and knowing the club well from top to bottom (a thing which was also cited as important when Lee Moz was appointed). Spencer Fearn, by the board's own criteria, is not someone they would ever have chosen over Karl, and would not even appear to be someone they'd want to appoint out of choice full-stop. Therefore, we can only conclude he's not here solely on merit. That's the starting point, and things start gradually unraveling from there. Meanwhile, complete silence as to why.
And stuff like this from the previous chairman:
"I feel it necessary to post this statement, about what's happened with Frickley Athletic that i had no input or decision making on the new management team, all the correspondence and meetings had been done behind closed doors which the members of the board saw fit not to involve me. I cannot comment weather it's a good deal or not cause i don't know nothing about it. I now feel that i have been stabbed in the back by the board, i am disgusted for the way I've been treated after everything I've done for the club.
I feel that i have no option but to withdraw all my support and services from the club.
Thanks to all the support I've received from the fans in the past and especially over the last few days."
The above has already been posted elsewhere including the club's facebook page, but I thought people like yrself who may only read this forum would find it sheds a bit of light onto why people don't want Fearn in charge, which is mainly nothing to do with his time at Maltby and more they way he's been crowbarred in as far as we know.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:57 pm 

Well said Mr Bywater a true frickley legend it's people like him that will be here in 18 months time to pick up the pieces, he has given so much to the club yet been treated like crap

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:31 pm 

2. lost a treasurer of some 13 years.

I would just like to point out to everyone on here who is in any doubt whatsoever about the above comment made earlier in this thread.

Andrew Steel did not leave the club because of any reservations of Gareth Dando's involvement with the club, in fact Andrew has the greatest respect for Gareth both as a person and his running of Frickley Athletic. If any one on here has any doubts I would urge them to contact Gareth directly I know he will gladly talk to any interested parties and give sane and valid reasons for any decisions that have been made through the whole of his tenure. In my 13 or so years involvement with FAFC, I know of no one with a greater passion for the club, Gareth is a man to be praised not vilified, he stood up to do a very difficult job when no one else wanted the role.

I left my role at Frickley simply because I felt after 13 years it was time to move on, I'd like to think that I have retained the friendship and respect with everyone I worked with within that time, there was no animosity to or with anyone following my departure.

The reason I stayed so long was due to the people who were and for the most part still are running the club.

Many years ago I wondered how a club like Frickley survived, to find out, I offered my services, took on a key role and found out. I would urge others who want to know more, to get more involved, perform a role at the club and be part of the future.

Don't jump to false conclusions, talk to the right people and you will get the right answers.

Thank You.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:30 pm 

Frickley Man wrote:
2. lost a treasurer of some 13 years.

I would just like to point out to everyone on here who is in any doubt whatsoever about the above comment made earlier in this thread.

Andrew Steel did not leave the club because of any reservations of Gareth Dando's involvement with the club, in fact Andrew has the greatest respect for Gareth both as a person and his running of Frickley Athletic. If any one on here has any doubts I would urge them to contact Gareth directly I know he will gladly talk to any interested parties and give sane and valid reasons for any decisions that have been made through the whole of his tenure. In my 13 or so years involvement with FAFC, I know of no one with a greater passion for the club, Gareth is a man to be praised not vilified, he stood up to do a very difficult job when no one else wanted the role.

I left my role at Frickley simply because I felt after 13 years it was time to move on, I'd like to think that I have retained the friendship and respect with everyone I worked with within that time, there was no animosity to or with anyone following my departure.

The reason I stayed so long was due to the people who were and for the most part still are running the club.

Many years ago I wondered how a club like Frickley survived, to find out, I offered my services, took on a key role and found out. I would urge others who want to know more, to get more involved, perform a role at the club and be part of the future.

Don't jump to false conclusions, talk to the right people and you will get the right answers.

Thank You.

whoooah,
just a minute, i was not attaching any blame to anyone specific, just stating the losses against the chairman during the last 12 months of his tenure,admitted not directly guilty for all losses, but the majority of them makes you think they were, also his PR with the fans leaves a lot to be desired, as does his regular viewing spot in the tunnel which is against FA regulations.
as for the comment regarding getting involved in the running of the club, there is not only you been there andy, as the saying goes i do have a shirt, (a letter of recognition) and really have a video,(available to borrow,if anyones interested)