It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Let's have some positivity guys
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:47 pm 

There's been an awful lot of criticism and negativity on here recently- admittedly some warranted, and I must admit I was sceptical at first. I've been incredibly outspoken about the club in the past, and I'm not afraid to question or criticise, but only when I feel it is needed.

The fact of the matter is that it's happened, and now we need to make it work. I dread to think what future investors must think, looking at how we've treated these ones. We have to be positive and support Ryan, Spencer, and whoever else's chooses to join. We have to have the mindset that they want what's best for the club, just as we do. Yes, us fans have been kept in the dark, and the current board needs to be much more transparent to recreate that healthy relationship with its paying supporters, but we have to do our bit. I do believe a board meeting with fans would sort a lot of these issues out.

We have to stay true to the club and we have to support Ryan and Spencer. It's very early days, let's give these lads a chance.

Post subject: Re: Let's have some positivity guys
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:32 pm 

it is hard to find any positives from this debacle at the moment, until the clowns at the circus come clean and let the true fans of frickley know what is really going on, but mr dando as always is tight lipped, hurry up and go gareth,you will be remembered as chairman for all the wrong reasons.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:35 pm 

its hard to stay positive for the true frickley fans. we wont find anything out until the chairman and board explain to to real and true fans

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:49 pm 

Frickleyfan30, by that statement, are you saying I'm not a true Frickley fan?

I know things are far from ideal, and yes, there has to be much greater transparency between the board and the paying fans. However, we do have to stay positive and support McKnight and Fearn- such negative attitudes throughout pre-season are not going to help the club. Yes, McKnight's past record is questionable, but I for one are willing to stand by the two of them until they give me a concrete reason not to.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:57 pm 

mini read what this spencer bloke has put on non league pitchero saying how wonderfull they are having had experience at stockport and east sterling THEY LEFT BOTH IN A MESS AND ARE HATED BY ALL THERE FANS THEY SAY RIP FRICKLEY GOOD LUCK FRICKLEY and you want us to get behind them well i urge all supporters to say F**k OFF spencer and co including dando WE DONT WANT YOU

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:11 pm 

well said old school, i am willing to give these guys a chance,but, and it is a big but, i fear the worst with their track records, surely the board will have done some research into these guys.
if they were local guys wanting to invest and were squeaky clean i dont think any of us would be against that and would welcome them with open arms, but these guys have been to scotland stockport and who knows wherelse trying to feather their nests,businesswise things dont look good with these two, yet our board wants to throw their two pennorth in with them, talk about dance with the devil.
mr dando has a lot to answer for in his 5 years as chairman, and none of it is good.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:27 pm 

may i just say a HUGE SORRY to MINI as I was looking at moderators name and not the poster

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:31 pm 

Old school wrote:
may i just say a HUGE SORRY to MINI as I was looking at moderators name and not the poster

:oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:36 pm 

By the way blue stan I agree gateth dando worst chairman ive known far too secretive and just as I thought me and him were "getting on" a little and yes between him and others back stabbed us all.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:51 pm 

not a good track record at all, in the last 12 months alone he has -
1. had 3 different managers in a 50 day period.
2. lost a treasurer of some 13 years.
3. lost a secretary of 12 years who knew the rulebook back to front, who before that was programme editor and announcer.
4. lost a willing and devoted club servant behind the bar.
5. lost a commercial manager.
6. lost a legendary club servant and previous chairman.(as mentioned in a different thread)
7. lost the blues their premier division status for the first time in 30 years.
8. kept investors in the dark over the new changing rooms.
9. sold the club to people who dont have a good track record in business.

and is now bailing out as chairman after a disastrous 12 months.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:58 pm 

ch1401 wrote:
T I dread to think what future investors must think, looking at how we've treated these ones.

Treat fans with respect, keep them informed, tell them what's going on, explain reasons for any big decisions.... all things which haven't happened at Frickley this week, so there's yr answer.
Oh, and don't hide behind mumbo-jumbo speak when describing your own achievements.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:14 am 

There is nothing to be positive about it WILL end in disaster it's just a matter of when

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:38 am 

ch1401, you say give them a chance but that's the big problem here, if we give them a chance and it turns out the same way as other clubs they've been at then we will cease to exist.
I'm not normally one to judge someone without them having the opportunity to prove themselves but in this case there's enough evidence to fear the worst. If this goes the way I think it will, it won't be a case of picking up the pieces when they leave in a couple of years, there won't be any pieces to pick up.
I've been reading statements and interviews with these 2 from when they were at the likes of Stockport and East Stirling and they are either complete liars or utterly self-delusional, they left both these clubs in the S**T and they have the nerve to use it as a positive when describing their past football achievements.
When wanting to know about football I tend to listen to the fans of the clubs involved and I haven't been able to find 1 positive comment about either McKnight or Fearn, except from themselves of course.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:50 am 

Bluedragon wrote:
I've been reading statements and interviews with these 2 from when they were at the likes of Stockport and East Stirling and they are either complete liars or utterly self-delusional, they left both these clubs in the S**T and they have the nerve to use it as a positive when describing their past football achievements.
When wanting to know about football I tend to listen to the fans of the clubs involved and I haven't been able to find 1 positive comment about either McKnight or Fearn, except from themselves of course.

Is it not more a case that they just list their job roles at those clubs and gloss over what happened? I've not seen any mention of achievements whilst there, as the long-term upward motion that was aimed for has meant both clubs dropping down instead. McKnight seems to like adding the word 'Chief' to his role at Vale and in other places as well.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:35 am 

Bluedragon wrote:

I should just like to say that over the past two seasons I have heard nothing but positive things from people I deal with at Maltby regarding Spencer Fearn. I have witnessed how he transformed the team on the pitch.

I would like to point out however, and I think this is crucial in this debate, Fearn was just the manager at Maltby, I may be wrong but I don't think he was on the Board. They have a very good Chairman in Wilf Race, a true "football man", who was a good footballer "in his day" who understands how to run a football club. He is supported by some hard working people.

That situation is different to what it was at Stockport; I remember all the vitriol that was directed towards Fearn from Stockport fans at the time.

Good luck guys, keep the debate going.

Ps I have just looked on the Frickley website for the Fearn interview and I'm afraid in my opinion there is a bit of an own goal. All I could find was a link to an interview Fearn gave to Non League Yorkshire, surely his first interview about his new role should have been to the Frickley website not James Grayson's Non League Yorkshire site??