It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Next season
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:53 pm 

Right cards on table who is boycotting next season? And if your not are you happy with club been run as a college youth team?
Don't stay silent speak up people the board need to know ow what they have done.

Post subject: Re: Next season
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:28 pm 

Us supporters are treated like mushrooms kept in dark about everything it's not gonna be like it was at frickley anymore as there will be no community support anymore

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:33 pm 

Do you think it will make any difference Dingbat look how long it took for them to sack Mozza and bring Karl back.
Only to give Karl no chance of saving us.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:38 pm 

Bit early for a boycott / presumptuous that it will be a college youth team less than 24 hours after the first snippet of info?
Mind, I may register AFC Frickley in the Minsthorpe 5-A-Side League just to copyright the name first.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:14 pm 

Never did like this kind of takeover, victim of Richardson at Doncaster all those years ago. I will be keeping my powder dry at this stage of the proceedings but definitely not going to swayed by anything but positive actions. If it is going to be junior football as suggested by other posters on this site, I will not be impressed enough to part with my hard earned. I may as well if that is the case just follow the under Nineteens. That said I truly hope that this new regime is going to benefit the club,the Supporters and the communities of area.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:00 pm 

so reading the non league yorkshire website on this takeover, mr mcknight has stated that "his investment will stabilise the club in the short term"
i didnt know that we were struggling financially. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:07 pm 

I'm with you dingbat the small minded,childish,petty few are welcome to it no longer a "local" club for local people this is purely a reaction to not getting there own way and judging by the amount of calls I've had today a lot of others feel the same as well as sponsers

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:59 pm 

Old school wrote:
I'm with you dingbat the small minded,childish,petty few are welcome to it no longer a "local" club for local people this is purely a reaction to not getting there own way and judging by the amount of calls I've had today a lot of others feel the same as well as sponsers

Agree old school, Frickley athletic football club 1910- 2017 rest in peace, cause of death narrow mindedness and a Board that's given up basically, rather they shut up shop all together and packed in rather than this, some people need to wake up to what this means the new board members one of which is now the manager are both on the board of this NEFA b*ll*cks the club statement states the deal has been done with NEFA so anyone thinking young players from there will not be in a frickley shirt new to season are burying there head in the sand like an ostrich

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:14 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:04 am 

blue stan wrote:
so reading the non league yorkshire website on this takeover, mr mcknight has stated that "his investment will stabilise the club in the short term"
i didnt know that we were struggling financially. :shock:

I don't know the answer to that -hopefully something will be more forthcoming soon!- but as Sherlock Holmes (or was it Rafa Benitez?) said, "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Given that 3 weeks ago we were being urged by the board to get behind Karl & Co. and the planning that had already started for next season, I doubt the recent development is a scenario they were always aiming for.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:18 am 

So hers the question people of the board were Frickley FC struggling financially and if so why?
Anything to do with exorbitant money spent on "loan" players last season cos there was loads of them and most big wage flops.Doubt though it will be answered

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:41 am 

The reaction to this has been nothing but negative but the silence of the board is deafening

3 wks ago club was OK now we are so desperate we have to sell out, why? Why not just operate with a reduced budget in stead of dancing with the devil, a devil that has already played a key hand in the demise of a much bigger and well supported club than us in the opinion of many people (just look at the twitter feed following the announcement) surely the board knew this or have the just been charmed into bed by a few quid and buzzy management talk?

If they were struggling for a budget next season then why not speak to people who could help out? Club seem to think people will just go and offer its supposed to be a community club why not ask the community then for help instead of slitting there own throat the board should never be forgiven for this

Apparently they think am very passionate with my views? Yes I am but where is that passion in them? Where is the passion to continue as an independent club as whatever crap that will be sprouted in the coming days we are not that anymore no matter what anyone says we are now a feeder club for this academy or the opposite of a feeder club (you know what I mean) and while ever we are that a lot of people won't set foot though the gates

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:09 am 

Still nothing but silence? Loyal fans getting treated like crap again

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:01 am 

i have spoke to 2 people and they are willing to support frickley next season i am not gonna name names but i am not one of them i cant support the club whilst under the management of Spencer fearn and the crack pots i have heard a lot of bad story from stockport fans and they are gonna do the same to .R.I.P to the club that i knew.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:04 am 

Us supporters are like mushrooms kept in dark and fed on manure