It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post subject: Re: Sold our soul
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:27 pm 

boyspen wrote:
Dingbat wrote:
seen as there so cool and trendy bet they both go snowboarding
:lol: That made me laugh. I went snowboarding once but it was at Xscape - does that count?

No mate no one is cool in Castleford

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:46 pm 

http://countyheaven.freeforums.net/thre ... sms?page=4

This Mcknight is an absolute b*ll e*d just read the link above talks nonsense so anyone on the fence currently think on cos anything he says sounds/looks like it comes out of a cows backside

Dislaimer The above is my personal opinion

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:58 pm 

http://members3.boardhost.com/marionsbo ... 373620.htm

No one has anything good to say, if link doesn't work Google Stockport County forum it's the first one on Google couple of threads about them

Also From doing a bit of searching on the Internet is think maybe some people are shall we say bigging themselves up or to put it another way Billy bullsh*t*ing

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:58 am 

Frickley 1 wrote:
IT'S NOT BRAIN SURGERY IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE DONE THE RIGHT THING WHY O WHY WILL YOU NOT JUST ANSWER THE FANS QUESTIONS ?

There can't be many logical reasons, but one would be if a new chairperson is imminent, you would expect the next announcement to either come from them / be combined with that.
The last PR seemed to be cos of the line halfway down that Karl had left would obviously be news, padded out with loads of waffle about GCSEs and ting.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:00 am 

Dingbat wrote:
http://members3.boardhost.com/marionsboard/msg/1494373620.htm

No one has anything good to say, if link doesn't work Google Stockport County forum it's the first one on Google couple of threads about them

Also From doing a bit of searching on the Internet is think maybe some people are shall we say bigging themselves up or to put it another way Billy bullsh*t*ing

I went through several different Stockport forums (amongst others) and struggled to find anything you would call positive either. The best seemed to be "he's not as bad as some people make out". I guess the theory of allowing him to be involved could be 'one person can't make a majority decision', but tis potentially a slippery slope.
I see the grandly-named North of England Football Academy has a 5-star rating on its facebook page, though this is from a whopping total of 4 reviews, and the 2 of these who seem to be from real people living in the UK come from Spencer Fearn, and an administrator at his Lifeskills company (also co-incidentally a partner organisation)....
I had a look for the 'World Football Academy (UK)' but it doesn't seem to have any recognition over here or be very active in the UK according to its website, besides hosting the occasional conference 'event' via its overseas base, so that was a dead end
https://worldfootballacademy.com/partners/
https://worldfootballacademy.com/united-kingdom/
Stockport County certainly exist, and his involvement there is well documented.
As to "he has run his own consultancy & research unit into the professional game for the past three years," hmmmm. The same with "works as a consultant to the UK football industry" - which could be just shouting advice at refs, or could be something far more in-depth and interesting. As Rafa would no doubt say, 'Give Me The Facts!' :lol:

To balance it out slightly, just to add that SF seemed to be highly regarded by the majority at Maltby IME.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:54 am 

Ah, here we go I appear to have found it:
Ryan McKnight: Currently the Chief Executive of the North of England Football Academy, founder and Director of Compendium Football and owner of Revo Coaching. Previous roles include Chief Commercial Consultant at Port Vale FC, CEO of Stockport County FC, CEO of the World Football Academy (UK) and Editor-in-Chief of F.C. Business - the trade publication for the UK Football Industry.

Compendium Football appears to have 11 followers on Twitter and a rather sparse website at present, so not much to go on sadly.
https://twitter.com/CompendiumFTBL

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:06 am 

I've been ton Vale park 5 times to watch barnsley which is more than this Mcknight fella has been there from what I hear

I am also now the founder of the international soccer pro federation and the south Yorkshire world youth coaching association so am now thinking of making an offer to join the board at Ossett town sure it will be as easy as getting on the frickley board, I haven't ever been snowboarding however unless sliding down Darfield main pit stacks on a plastic sheet counts?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:16 am 

How come frank spencer and co never set this up at maltby if it's so good
Maybe because no one else was daft enough when you look at there background
Cmon don't say money cos there was just as much money from other sources being made available

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:59 pm 

Maltby's twitter feed saying at least 5 or 6 players will move to frickley

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:51 pm 

Old school wrote:
How come frank spencer and co never set this up at maltby if it's so good
Maybe because no one else was daft enough when you look at there background
Cmon don't say money cos there was just as much money from other sources being made available

Below is what Maltby provided for the "Spencer Fearn" era at Maltby as part of the their club history for the match day programme. It talks about how Maltby is starting a link with the North East England Academy, and where that team will be playing.

Spencer Fearn and Mark Askwith were appointed joint managers for 2015-16 with former player Andy Tomlinson as 1st Team Coach, John Stancliffe as goalkeeping coach and Katie Johnson as fitness coach.

Spencer is no stranger to football having owned East Stirling FC and being vice–chairman of Stockport County. He has been coaching and working through his coaching badges and Mark has been managing locally for ten years since retiring from playing football and has achieved seven promotions in this time. Both of the Co-Managers have a long association and were schoolboys together at Sheffield United.

Under the new regime, last season (the club’s centenary year) was a revelation, with Main punching well above their weight, finishing in 7th position, their highest for 15 years, and enjoying a good run in both the FA Cup and Vase.

Under their stewardship the structure of the club is also set to improve further this term, with an under 21’s side led by Andy King. The link up with the North of East England Academy starts this season for scholars who will play in the Conference Youth Alliance and FA Youth Cup. The reserve team will now play in the Sheffield County Senior League.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:13 pm 

Viking123 wrote:
Maltby's twitter feed saying at least 5 or 6 players will move to frickley

thats us doomed next season then, clearly not good enough for our level, maybe only one of them and he is at the latter end of his career.
p.s. i hope we dont get subjected to cam rigby in a blue shirt again.