It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:27 am

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post subject: Re: Bramall Lane.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:07 pm 

in reply to the alverthorpians post about my comments of bailey having mr allott in his pocket,i dint say i was happy with the result did i? just his performance, what was your take on the game then???????

i didnt know bailey has medals for playing rugby union, so which club did he play for to get those?????

why they didnt shake hands must be personal between the two guys and none of our business, where is the written rule that you must shake hands?????

i personally have no gripe with shaw lane,apart from not agreeing with their late late decision over last years final, they are a friendly welcoming club with a likeable, pleasant chairman, but craig elliott is not a popular manager with some of his ex players and as soon as they lose the winning habit could be in danger of losing his job, and almost anybody can have success when playing fantasy football with craig woods money at this level.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:55 am 

Alverthorpian, the reason a lot of Frickley fans, myself included, have little or no respect for Shaw Lane is based not on the fact they pulled out of last years cup final but the deliberate brinksmanship and disrespect they paid to other people by leaving it until the last minute.

They knew well in advance of the final that they would be in the position they were in and chose to leave it until the day before to pull out, this left ordinary folk out of pocket. I for one wasted a days holiday from work which I had booked couldn't cancel. I know someone else who had booked train tickets that were wasted and I believe one of our players parents had booked train tickets and an overnight hotel stay because they aren't local.

I believe that in life you shoud get the respect that you give to others and when you treat others like dirt because you have the money to play your little games, you are going to get very little respect in return.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:34 pm 

Blade1 wrote:
I went through the big gates near the very narrow turnstiles, I hate them, one of the reasons I do not purchase season tickets in that end of the ground.
I did think of the poor soul who jumped in front of a train and said a prayer for him while I was on the train standing at Sheffield Railway Station as two of my friends have died by committing suicide. One for his family too. I do not know if he actually died or not.

16 year old girl apparently blade and unfortunately she did die.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:21 am 

Dingbat.....I'm Karl really; I just wanted to know if the reason I didn't shake hands with CE was the same as yours!!!!

Old School.....I said Mr Bailey HAD[/i] a rugby union medal. I didn't say he [i]DIDNT have a winners medal, if you read it that way maybe fair play to you......I'll try and be crystal clear next time. You maybe right about Karl not shaking hands with CE, it was mentioned on hear and I asked why? You or Dingbat are free to PM me with your take on it. I would be interested to know the reason and I promise, I will repeat that so it is absolutely clear, I promise it will not go any further.

Blue Stan.....no you didn't say you were happy with a 1-0 defeat and I didn't say you were. It was a comment made by Dufffyluffy where it seemed he was happy with the 1-0 defeat. Maybe I've got that wrong......as well! Its not written in the rules that you must shake hands; it was mentioned on here that there was no handshake and I asked why.

Bluedragon......I've said previously that I didn't particularly like the decision about last years final but I can understand it being taken for the benefit of SL. I'm pretty sure SL didn't leave it till the night before to pull out and there must have been discussions behind the scene within SL and SHFA before the decision. It is regrettable that folks were inconvenienced and left out of pocket; I'm sure there was folks at SL that were similarly affected.
I just think its a bit harsh for somebody to suggest SL are a horrible, vile, plastic club if that is the reason some at Frickley have no or little respect for SL. Money had nothing to do with their decision to pull out of last years final. Maybe you should balance your thoughts on last years final with the way all at SL conducted themselves since the tragic event of last September and decide if they warrant any semblance of respect.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:49 am 

Alvathopian ok so as someone said earlier which club did Bailey get his rugby union medal with or was that just one of your little jokes haha think about what you post before doing yet yes slid pull out the day before by the way you imply slane spoke to Sheffield and hallamshire prior to pulling out perhaps that's why they only received the lenient slap on the wrist ( my joke)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:57 am 

Old School......rugby union medal = RU medal = runners up medal. Just a little play on words from my youth when you got a RU medal it was a rugby union medal instead of a runners up medal. Sorry I should have read my post back to make sure it was clear!!!

SL must have spoke to SHFA prior to pulling out in an attempt to try and rearrange the fixture; they won't have just pulled out without discussing it.

What slap on the wrist did they get from SHFA?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:13 am 

yes they did, they found out saturday teatime that they had a play off game on wednesday, a cup final on tuesday,and that the sheff & hallam fa, could not be contacted on sunday,which only left monday to sort things out,which was the day before the final, hope your still following this. :lol:
needless to say they were contacted on the monday and refused to put the final back to another date, hence the cancellation,which turned out to be the day before the final.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:14 am 

They got a fine of I believe £1000 any other club would have got a competion ban end of over and out

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:33 pm 

Old school wrote:
They got a fine of I believe £1000 any other club would have got a competion ban end of over and out

Should have been banned for at least this season, there actions last season were a disgrace end of No excuse, then their chairman in the paper saying justice was done after last year? Really Mr Wood? What about justice for everybody else you p*ssed all over last time? And how can you celebrate winning a competition so enthusiastically that you didn't give a sh*t about last season same goes for Elliott as well both hypocrites

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:26 pm 

Maybe they should have been banned for this season but they weren't. Why don't you just deal with, get over it and concentrate on supporting Frickley rather than pickling and moaning about what SL did or didn't do or what Mr Wood has said?