It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Bramall Lane.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:49 pm 

a lot of fight and spirit from the blues, same old story of poor quality in the last third, we were the best side too, everyone i spoke to said so including the 2 guys next to me from shaw lane, the best weve played for 2 months,liked the formation used, looked solid and strong, i do hope the security staff searched bailey upon leaving the stadium, so he could allow mr allott out of his pocket.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:45 am 

I have no beef with Frickley or anybody at Frickley but just curious about some of the comments on here..........

Somebody shocked by only a 1-0 nil defeat in a final from a team in a division below?
Really?

Why don't Shaw Lane deserve any respect?

Dingbat I'm curious what Craig Elliott has done not to warrant a handshake from your manager, did he shake hands with anybody else from Shaw Lane?
Did your manager go into the Shaw Lane changing rooms and congratulate the players and ignore Craig Elliott?
I'm not aware of folks saying anything positive about Craig Elliott in local football either but then againneither am I hearing anything positive about Karl Rose or Lee Morris or Claudio Ranieri etc. Whatever means Craig Elliott has had at his hands he has brought success to Shaw Lane and done reasonably well at his other clubs.

Why is Shaw Lane a horrible vile football club?
Who are the weasels and snakes at Shaw Lane?

Bailey may have had Mr Allott in his pocket but at the end of the day one player doesn't make a team and still at the end of the day Mr Allott has a winning medal whereas Mr Bailey has a rugby union medal.

Just curious about the vitriol directed at Shaw Lane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:12 pm 

Just so you know alverthorpian Bailey has got a winners medal from last season when them who can do what they want and Sheffield and hallamshire slapped their Danny's failed to attend absolutely no reguarding for the competition

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:19 pm 

That might be the case Old School but why the vitriol towards Shaw Lane?
It seems some of the Frickley support are satisfied with a 1-0 defeat and Allot being pocketed.

I didn't particularly like the decision they took last year with regards the cup final but it was right for them at the time but ultimately, before it is pointed out to me, it didn't pay off. At least Shaw Lane had the balls to make the decision to try and safeguard the more important competition.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:30 pm 

Alverthorpian I am not usually in the business of repeating myself neither an a lier but for clarity and the fact your clearly a bit thick as all the info you seek is in the original post I will clarify as follows

Shaw lane deserve NO RESPECT whatsoever after what they did last year re the senior cup final which can not be defended whatever their reasons

As I said in the original post Karl shock hands with there chairman and went in there dressing room after the game to give his congratulations on their season what is not clear about that?

He didnt shake hands with Craig Elliott for very good reason and this is not the platform or domain to discuss why if your so in the know regards local football you will probably know why as it the same reason the majority of other managers and Club officials don't have any time for him and would not trust him an inch.

Your comment re Bailey not having a winners medal is not only incorrect as stated by old school but also shows your mentality also interesting how you cherry pick points from posts to disagree with but do not comment on the disgraceful conduct of a shaw lane official behind the dugout, so that's acceptable?

Like I saw horrible vile plastic club that won't be about in 5 years and when there not he who laughs last will last longest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:41 pm 

If as your own words state "they had the balls to opt out of the final last year why enter in the first place, second point we weren't happy with 1-0 loss but put in context most of us thought after season both clubs have had we thought we would get hammered simple enough for you

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:15 pm 

To be fair Dingbat, I'm not thick just curious.

In your first line are you suggesting that I inferred that you are a liar?
If that's so, that is not the case.

From a neutral point of view I think SL deserve a huge slice of respect for putting their clubs league chances by pulling out of the cup final and accepting the consequences of the SHFA. I think a fair few fans would accept it if their club took that decision if they were in the same position as SL.
If you think SL deserve NO RESPECT for pulling out of an annual cup match to safeguard their title challenge then so be it but think on what they have achieved this year and how they have handled themselves after the tragic event of last September.

Yes, you said Karl shook hands with the chairman but what I asked was did he shake hands with anybody else from SL? John Reed maybe?

I never said I was in the know about local football I said I have never heard good things not being said about a number of managers.
I've being watching local football for about 15 years and never heard anybody say they wouldn't trust Craig Elliott, maybe I'm not moving in the right circles.

Maybe you can PM me about the reason you think Karl never shook hand with Craig Elliott.

So for pulling out of a cup final SL are a horrible, vile, plastic club?
That sentiment wasn't apparent from the number of congratulations coming through on Twitter for them.

Just to clarify and to correct your opinion of my mentality Ding Bat and Old School I didn't say Mr Bailey DIDNT have a winners medal I said he had a rugby union medal.

I can't comment on the conduct of the SL official because I wasn't there to witness it but it seems trivial to the vitriol you are banding about.

Old School, I assume a club of SL (and Frickley's stature) enter the SHFA cup to win it but when put against their chances of winning the league, surely the league must come first.

You seem very angry with my questions and are quick to dish out the insults, maybe read my posts before responding please.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:51 pm 

Dingbat........just seen the highlights of the final on your very own website and a number of your bench shake hands with Craig Elliot (I assume Karl must be the lad in the shorts and red top) ........hypocrites, the lot of them!

Maybe they aren't in the know how as much as they should be!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:52 pm 

Maybe you should tell us what's so good about shaw lane?

There was one person Karl didn't shake hands with and again it was for good reason

Shaw lane have by far and away the largest budget in there league and I would say at least 3 times that of frickley easily more than double so it's hardly any underdog story to tell the grandkids is it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:55 pm 

Alverthorponian wrote:
Dingbat........just seen the highlights of the final on your very own website and a number of your bench shake hands with Craig Elliot (I assume Karl must be the lad in the shorts and red top) ........hypocrites, the lot of them!

Maybe they aren't in the know how as much as they should be!!!

I dont agree but if thats how you feel tell them to there face fella don't tell me, but for me it's up to them what they do and who they shake hands with just like it's up to Karl, me, you or Mr ranieri who we shake hands with

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:06 pm 

Dingbat, I don't know what's good about Shaw Lane just as I don't know what's good about Skelmersdale or Kidsgrove or Ossett Albion or Frickley but when I've been there, as I have the other clubs, things have been fine and I've seen a good game of football.........and it's only 6 quid to get in!

You are the one that passed your comments on Shaw Lane and I asked why.

There must be a good reason for Karl not to shake hands but not good enough for the others.......maybe its a John Terry/Wayne Bridge thing (that was tongue in cheek).

I don't think anything that happens at this level is worth telling the grand kids about but I bet by the time I have grand kids to tell, Shaw Lane will have won the SHFA cup a few more times and probably more than 5 years into the future.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:12 pm 

I stand by my comments and I have made it clear why,

Why are you bothered anyway? Maybe you are Craig Elliott crying like a little girl cos no one likes you

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:32 pm 

I also am just replying to your comments and you said allot has a winners medal whereas baily has a rugby union medal if that doesn't imply that you're saying baily hasn't got a winners medal I don't know what does read your posts back before making silly assumptions

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:50 pm 

Also alverthopian karl rose has to my knowledge never done anything unsporting towards any other manager or players and directors so I'm sure he has his own reasons why he didn't shake Elliot's hand and that has nothing to do with you me or anyone else it's his business and no one else's and doesn't have to answer to you or anyone else

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:54 pm 

I went through the big gates near the very narrow turnstiles, I hate them, one of the reasons I do not purchase season tickets in that end of the ground.
I did think of the poor soul who jumped in front of a train and said a prayer for him while I was on the train standing at Sheffield Railway Station as two of my friends have died by committing suicide. One for his family too. I do not know if he actually died or not.