It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bramall Lane.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:28 am 

Is anybody going to the final at beautiful downtown Bramall Lane? And where are you having a pint or three, a coffee, tea or soft drink pre-match? What outcome do you expect?

Post subject: Re: Bramall Lane.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:40 am 

Yes blade the bat will be there, i have just been to the docs for my raybees injection and I have booked in for a chemical scrub after to get the pollution off me from going in their :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:22 pm 

You still do not know your their from your there, Dingbat. A nice modern stadium with plenty of facilities within
and without. Good for me - I get in free. I will be there. Guinness for me at Cavalls and The Roebuck Tavern and
a cider in the ground probably, maybe a coffee in the Subway across from The Cricketers pub. And I expect big Gavin
to be a bit too good for The Blues defence, but hope I am proved wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:36 pm 

not be free tonight blade, all pay for sheffield cup matches,they dont allow complimentarys.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:04 pm 

blue stan wrote:
not be free tonight blade, all pay for sheffield cup matches,they dont allow complimentarys.

It is indeed free for Sheffield united ST holders, as it's on the Blades website :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:16 pm 

i got informed of that on the way to the game,,, by an owl too...unusual move by the s&hfa.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:23 pm 

Well, the twitter feed sums it up...

If that's what it takes to win that league, we'll be just fine. Same 11 as their promotion winning 11 from Monday too.

Had enough of the ball and chances to not get beat. But sums up our season. Low on confidence etc.

But much, much better. Albeit against a team from div below, but they have won it after all! They should be looking to compete with the middle 8 in Prem...

Too much time and space afforded to the guy who crossed for their goal. And we lacked composure/ condfidence in the final third.

Need 8-10 new players to add the best half a dozen currently in squad. Compliment that 16 with the best two/ three 19's.

Now the hard work and squad rebuilding starts. Hopefully!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:55 pm 

Went to the game tonight expecting a good hammering but the result shocked me only lost 1 nil against a team that looked too good on paper all the boys shud hold they heads up high brilliant performance from everyone can see why sebba is player of the season I agree with frickley comments regarding the team for next season saw frickley old manager there tonight in mozza he was supporting shaw lane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:48 am 

mr. walker was complaining that karl didnt shake hands tonight. well for me he did right, as i pointed out to him respect is an earned thing not a given right, and they dont deserve any imo. shame to lose but i didnt expect anything given our poor run. :roll:

well done to the lads for putting up a good show. surprise surprise mozza shouting for aquaducks, well done mate #true colours :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:48 am 

Shaw Lane the best team on the night, but the lads in green showed some grit and fight. I was disappointed in the size of the crowd and there being no alcohol on sale withing the ground. I have to agree with Frickley1, there must be new and better players brought in, a new chairman or woman and the club need a vision/plan to move it forward not backwards. More funding would be great but isn't everything or the solution to it.
My travel wizard power magic was very weak indeed. A suicide at Meadowhall Station not helping matters along with a train crew put in a taxi from there to Doncaster when they should have headed to Sheffield, which meant an over one hour delay and a limp home to Balby for me.
Congratulations to Shaw Lane.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:17 am 

no thoughts for the poor sod that had had enough then ??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:30 am 

Echo what others have said we did OK on the night, nothing in the teams for me, we edged first half in my opinion, our chance in the 2nd was when Tyler should have played in mangs but choose the wrong option they then had there best spell but I thought both teams then tired and extra time looked on the cards until they pinched the goal it was in truth always likely to be a first goal winner game and unfortunately it went to them but effort wise could not ask anymore from the lads.

Re the handshake am not going to put on here why Karl didn't shake his hand but I promise you it was with good reason and there isn't many people with anything positive to say about Craig Elliott in local football, also what wasn't seen was that Karl went into their dressing room at the end and congratulated their players on wining the cup and also on their promotion so he can't be accused of a lack of sportsmanship he had ano issue with one person and he isn't a hypocrit he also shock there chairman's hand after the game despite what happened with the final last year

All I know is at the end there was only one proper football club on the field and only one club that will still be here in say 5 or 10 years time and a long time after the other has been completely forgotten, I clapped our lads at the end whilst they received their medals but I didn't stay to watch them lift the cup after they showed no respect or sportsmanship for the competition or the opposition, 3 years ago when we lost to Athersley Rec I applauded all there lads up the steps at hillsbro even in defeat but I won't appload that horrible vile football club believe me we will pass them on there the way down to oblivion when it arrives and when it does all the obnoxious hangers on will desert them like the weasels and snakes they truly are, the son of one of there directors the one sat behind the dugout with a coat on bizarrely advertising the hungry horse pub turned to the frickley fans at the final whistle and said what a season you lot have had relegation and a cup final defeat your a nothing club that just about sums that lot up ask Mr Walker what he thinks about that?

Frickley is a club with a heart and soul them lot a nothing enough said

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:46 pm 

Best team lost last night for sure, but the most encouraging thing was how we went toe-to-toe with 'em and if that's the best that shed loads of cash will buy you then I'd rather be at Frickley. I thought Pico marshalled Allott so well you'd have struggled to know which one was on the big money.
As for Dingbat's comments about Shaw Lane and CE - shocking!!
(but find us at the Mickleover game and give us the skinny will you? :D )

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:53 pm 

For blade and SMS how the f###do you get through them turnstiles absolute disgrace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:57 pm 

Old school wrote:
For blade and SMS how the f###do you get through them turnstiles absolute disgrace

Never had an issue, although I once went to Preston North End, and they had to open the big gate for me and Padge :lol: