It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Well at last its happened
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:22 pm 

I have said for years there has been a mentality at Frickley of just keep us in the Prem and we are happy. Very little ambition ( Less this year IMO ) As a result we have been at the bottom end of the table for years bar last year.
We had a big big chance this season to kick on after Karl built a very good team but what happened he got little backing from the board who then bring in Morris and his side kick JK then sack him and bring Karl back 2 days or so before the deadline to get players in.
We also lost the best secretary any club could wish for in Mr P.
Why did he leave after many years of great service?
We have had the ongoing mystery about the new changing rooms.
When will they be open and in use?
I would like to say to the chairman and board thank you for running the club and Mozza and his side kick for what you did while you where with us.
But I honestly CANNOT because between you, you have made my once great club a Div 1 club next season.
What a disasterous shambles between you you have made IMO.
Frickley have the best fans in the country and deserve better.
Have a good summer one and all.

Post subject: Re: Well at last its happened
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:01 pm 

Didn't see you there today Frickley 1...... was you busy?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:03 pm 

us fans must wonder what the hell went off at the beginning. to lose key players and not step in to replace with equal quality and then to witness another demise. why was there not enough backing for karl ?? and then even mozza ??the amount of loanee's this season has been unbelievable, some good some not so.

from the team that would have gotten us promotion we are relegated with the worst record for nearly 80 years, thats progress ?? 31 games lost in a season which cannot be defended and could have been much worse. i hope moz and jk read this as he stated he had worked wonders this season which i had hoped for but the stats say it all really....and goole down as well, so a double season !! 3 key games have cost us dear because no one could lift the team.

hopefully karl gets the backing this next time round so we can at least try, or are we happy with div.1 ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:43 am 

forest blue wrote:
i hope moz and jk read this as he stated he had worked wonders this season which i had hoped for but the stats say it all really....

He got 39 points in 33 games, which is not relegation form. No other manager has got a single point for Frickley this season, so the stats say he has a point.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:50 am 

boyspen wrote:
forest blue wrote:
i hope moz and jk read this as he stated he had worked wonders this season which i had hoped for but the stats say it all really....

He got 39 points in 33 games, which is not relegation form. No other manager has got a single point for Frickley this season, so the stats say he has a point.

I was wondering that one being a outsider , I reckon what games was left , Mozza and his duo would of got more points gathered ,might of been wrong , then again we know what football is about thou . Scoring increase ur chances in winning games , and a defence shoring up a bit .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:25 am 

I will elaborate a tad more on my reasoning. With regards to the stats i was refering to mainly being in 20th position in the league or lower. Yes there were blips but they were just that blips.
As i stated i wasnt after mozza failing because that obviously effects my club, but imo it just wasnt good enough, and to finish with a losing streak like we have is unacceptable. 2 blocks of 10 points from 4 games kinda gave us hope, but that leaves 19 points from 25 games which....well it wont put the words i want to use.
The blame just doesnt lie with d'management its all involved.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:30 am 

I didn't watch many games this season through various reasons but from what I did I could only see one conclusion and
it happened. The side simply was not good enough, skills wise or fit enough and lacked fighting spirit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:24 am 

Many of the players Karl was left with and many Mozza brought in were not good enough. 4 goals in our last 10 league games. Might have been different had we kept Curtly fit but we had no height up front and a pedestrian defence. I recognise there are a couple of players who gave their all and performed well all season. I would have kept Mozza on until the end of the season and then install Karl, I hope he is backed with some funds. Need a chairman now and a plan for next season to get straight back up. As F1 says whats with the clubhouse - lets get it open.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:24 pm 

I will differ a little as I actually think the board on the whole do a good job, let's remember they have day jobs as well and give their time up for free, do the they make mistakes? Yes, are they infallible? No far from it, but they love the club and am sure they are hurting at our demise.

The reason we have got relegated is simple the team is not good enough and hasn't been all season, yeah we have some great lads some triers but we are ultimately lacking in quality and all other than a few sides have looked far stronger than us,

The reason for this? Well maybe a victim of our own success last year most of the better players poached by other clubs that we can't compete with financially and then a failure since then to the present to bring in anywhere near adequate replacements, e.g Ible, JC not replaced, Davey and Lance Armstrong not replaced hazel and rocky not replaced, now Karl tried in the summer and was backed to some degree to get the machine on contract and sign cuba Gooda but unfortunately that's where it ended but what more can the board do? If there isn't any more money then we cant magic it up, at the time I had a bit of a dig at them on here but since then it has been explained to me and I genuinely believe there was nothing else they could do without investment coming in from outside, they can't risk the future of the club and for that they should be applauded,

Now what has tended to happen before is the above has been the case in most of the last 5 seasons maybe to a lesser degree with differing numbers of players leaving resulting in an almost annual rebuild of the squad and subsequent slow start, however then usually come Oct the lads brought in from lower down either step up and settle in or a few fall by the way side and are then replaced by better players from higher up or from the same division who maybe gone to a Bradford or harrogate or buxton etc initially and have not been playing so start to drop back into our price range, this didn't happen this year the recruitment policy was totally different and if we are honest has been poor as a result therefore the squad has not been good enough for the entire season and on the few occasions it has been its been aided by 5 or 6 loans

Like i say Obviously come sept this season with a new manager the recruitment policy was vastly different. at first several lads came in from lower down the pryamid and all fell by the way side the only decent addition was Gary Stoher, after trying and failing this policy Lee morris then adopted a policy of loan signings of which we saw good bad and indifferent however this left us badly short at a key time of the season a point I raised at the time, I think its obvious that Lee and James struggled big time to attract players and was possibly a key factor in the decision to replace them but we get back to the point re the recruitment and therefore the team hasn't been strong enough all season. Had Karl stayed maybe it would have been different maybe not in terms of the overall outcome the recruitment policy would certainly have been different am sure of that. Suppose its a case of different management different methods

Re the boards decision to change the manager I backed the board at the time and I still do now as I don't believe we would have stayed up anyway others will have different opinions and that's fair enough and i can see there reasons, maybe in hindsight it could have easily been done earlier and Karl given some time to bring signings in but I suppose the board wanted to back Lee as much as possible before making a change, all in all considering everything that went on with them charge not just the results I still believe 100% the decision to let them go was the right one it isn't just about outcomes its also about behaviours and methods of achieving said outcomes and there behaviour and methods at times fell far short of what was acceptable in my opinion

What's done is done now however and what's important now is we learn lessons re-group and come back stronger I would like to thank Gareth for his efforts and dedication as chairman and hopefully a new person can step up and take the club forward, hopefully Karl can be given time to build a squad that can take us back up, he has shown before he can put a decent side together and develop players, hopefully there may be some sensible investment off the pitch to get us a more competive playing budget, hopefully the rifts that have developed this season can be healed, what we need now is some new direction and confirmation of the plan for next year once the last 2 games are done and dusted, get everything in motion early and get the fans behind it and push forward together. Forget the past learn the lesson and move on, hopefully the future will be bright and the future will be frickley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:08 pm 

karl rose for chairman.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:35 pm 

Nibbler wrote:
boyspen wrote:
forest blue wrote:

I was wondering that one being a outsider , I reckon what games was left , Mozza and his duo would of got more points gathered ,might of been wrong , then again we know what football is about thou . Scoring increase ur chances in winning games , and a defence shoring up a bit .

Stats-wise Moz did as well as anyone probably could have in those 33 games and there were some very creditable 'underdog' performances, as well as matching many of the top sides. But the pattern of results meant we were in a dip, culminating in probably the worst performance of the season (or certainly since Karl left). My understanding is that the decision was based on whether it was likely to continue or not + who would be best out of Moz and Karl to get the most out of the players in the remaining few games. Even as a hugely pro-Moz person I could see both sides of the argument, and other people who have watched a lot more Frickley games than I have were in favour of a change.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:54 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
We also lost the best secretary any club could wish for in Mr P.
Why did he leave after many years of great service?

Armthorpe offered to triple his wages.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:52 pm 

overall dingbat i agree, the board and others do a magnificent job, but i feel something went wrong this time round and decisions left too late. with regards to money, we lost the better players which free's up the money so to speak, so to say it stopped after gooda's signature is bewildering.

yes what is done is done, and we await next season. i did notice that dick and liddie were quiet on saturday over twitter and no commiserations coming our way that i saw. i think we should stay away from ex players in future, it doesnt work out well :|

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:37 am 

Forest lad to clarify I didn't mean the money stopped after getting Gooda I was meaning after him we couldn't get any others back from the previous squad of course after that Karl made several other sinnings but around the time the likes of Ible, Davey and grayson had been around pre-season but ended up out of our reach

I would presume it did free up money them leaving but to get the same calibre of player would have required more money as when them lads signed they were not proven and there value went up as clubs saw how consistent they were in a team that came 7th therfore it became too expensive to keep them all

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:16 am 

All I have to say is that there is more then one player at the club and on the field don't start pointing out just one or two we need to look at all players and try and sort things out on and off the field when the season ends