Post subject: Re: Stourbridge.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:57 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HVBUuv ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:44 am 

I blame the weather, SMS.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:36 am 

Despite the score line have to say yesterday was a lot better performance than the last 6 or 7 and ultimately individual mistakes cost us at key times as for most of the game we competed quite well against a very good stourbridge team,

First 20 odd minuets went perfectly we had restricted them to few chances, had a threat (for once) ourselves, then got the goal to go in front however When your down there things tend to go against you such as the quick equaliser which sat up nicely for Benbow who then volleys in a wonder goal from edge of box when 9 times out of 10 it goes over the stand only a minute (if that) after Tyler's goal. To be fair I feared a collapse then but we dug in and 100% deserved to be level at half time, best first half for a long long time

2nd half Stourbridge stepped it up and to be fair as expected at times looked the better/stronger side however the 3 goal margin in the 2nd half doesn't tell the full story, again at tImes we caused problems but sebba has dropped a massive clanger for the 2nd spilling a free kick, then the 3rd goal really showed in a nutshell why we are struggling so much as we go backwards then sideways from our own restart loose the ball and in an instant it's 3-1 and the game is gone

To be fair I expected stourbridge to then go on and get 6 or 7 but credit to the lads there heads never dropped and we kept going and should have had a goal back when mangs goalbound header is handled by the defender penalty given but the lad is only booked, almost an indenticle incident to the Ashley Williams handball against Man Utd other week yet no red card on this occasion and again that's another example of how things are going as it should have then been back to 3-2 with 20 mins again 10 men instead lad stays on and mangs penalty threatens corner flag more than the goal, they then ping in a 4th out of nothing with a pot shot and it's game over.

The players deserved flak after last week as it was a discrace in my opinion and they let the club down that accusation could not be repeated yesterday, at least we showed some fight and effort but it wasn't enough yesterday and unfortunately if it wasn't already relegation is now an absolute certainty, let hope we can at least win Monday and take it to to the last day in a show of defiance

And a few weeks ago I said these loans signings would leave us high and dry and I have been proved right Burdett, Priestly and Fairhurst all gone back leaving us with no strikers thankfully that will be the last brainless act of the morris era to have any impact on the club,

It looks like a summer rebuild is needed unfortunately apart from 3 maybe 4 players the rest are not really good enough and that's why we are in the bottom 4 in all honesty, from what I hear hopefully it will be a positive summer on the recruitment side which needs to be a lot better than it has been this season

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:44 am 

Firstly, we aren't down yet, so that's got that out of the way.

Moving on, we obviously need to add to the squad but I reckon that most of the current squad should be retained, if possible - give 'em the chance for a tilt at next season. You'd think they'd be fired up to put right what didn't go right this season. Remember that most of them are very young, they will learn from this season and be better players next season and surely we've seen this season what happens when you try to rebuild a squad, virtually from scratch, over the summer.

Also, isn't this pretty much the same squad that destroyed Stocksbridge - NPL Div 1 - in the S&H cup? Ty Williams was unstoppable that night.
(And before anyone says 'yes but same squad got hammered by Shaw Lane - NPL Div 1 - in the FA trophy', their finances are rather different to ours and their star man that day was, Jake Beesley, on loan from Chesterfield, who along with others, ran Sam Hanna ragged at left back. Sam only played because Macca was suspended. Plus we were all over them for the first 20 minutes.)

As always, just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 am 

I dont mind SMS blame me.
I carnt always be right.
Just most times.
:wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:46 pm 

we need 6 points to stand a chance of staying up which is going to be hard. problems grew when they didnt turn up for the 6 pointers imo recently, win those and its a different story. the ex boss keeps throwing snide remarks out on twitter, he really needs to let go now. i have respect for mozza but he is embarrassing himself now.

this has got to be the worst run of results that i can remember at this stage of the season, hence we are where we are. late decisions by the board maybe cost us as well.
but whatever happens i'll be back next season, like most.

Karl needs support this time round, although by reading tweets by some folk sounds like they'll be coming for players if they get a club. maybe karl has to rebuild with the exception of a few who knows ??

if we go down who's to say we wont be fighting for promotion next season ??

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:54 pm 

Morris showing his true maturity on Twitter fact is he had 7 months to sign some players and apart from Gaz Stoher he has failed to attract anyone else of evo stick premier league quality that Is fact he also left Goole in a sorry state, let him come in for his dross I couldn't care less but it wont happen like I said a few weeks ago he wont get another managers job at any respectable level due to absolute sorry states he has left both his previous clubs in, Goole and frickley both going down the link? Lee morris fact

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:58 pm 

And he ain't got the minerals to make his twitter public just shows the integrity of the man, yet calls others keyboard warriors oh and am still waiting for his side kick JK to knock me out :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:09 am 

Dingbat wrote:
Morris showing his true maturity on Twitter fact is he had 7 months to sign some players and apart from Gaz Stoher he has failed to attract anyone else of evo stick premier league quality that Is fact he also left Goole in a sorry state, let him come in for his dross I couldn't care less but it wont happen like I said a few weeks ago he wont get another managers job at any respectable level due to absolute sorry states he has left both his previous clubs in, Goole and frickley both going down the link? Lee morris fact

what odds with the bookie for the handsworth parramore job?