It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Semi-Final.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:22 am 

Good luck Blues in the semi-final at Worksop. I was going to attend but will not after certain comments from Jon Hood
on Facebook, doubtful I will bother watching Frickley again this season and will save my money to attend matches elsewhere.
However, I do not miss finals and Jon is entitled to his opinions and I wish him well as he has been a great servant in a positive
way for the club he clearly loves dearly.
I am a positive person generally and simply would not be here today if I was not, it would have been easy to give up the fight
for life when I was in Doncaster Royal for a long period, thankfully I am a fighter and pulled through. The thought of never seeing
The Blades and Frickley again made me fight for my life harder.
Rant over.

Post subject: Re: Semi-Final.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:06 am 

very fickle blade, very fickle, why let one persons views put you off going to a game, GET YERSEN THERE LAD and get behind the boys, a win for confidence is a must.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:05 am 

For those of you that are travelling to Sandy Lane can I advise you not to park in the B&Q car park. That car park is run by a private company that does issue tickets, well they have done when we've been at home.

Rather than take the chance I would advise you to park in the Wickes overspill car park (where the burger van is - but doubt it will be open) on the other side of the road. We have an agreement which allows fans to park there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:36 pm 

If you get a parking ticket issued by anyone other than the police or a local authority rip it up and ignore it

As for tonight if we are playing and taking it serious get there and get behind the boys

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:53 pm 

I assure you I am not fickle about Frickley and wish them every success but I am just giving Jon what he asked for,
me not to be there and to concentrate on The Blades. A lot easier for me to get to and watch United and works out
cheaper more often than not. I will be very happy if The Blues make it to the final.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:43 am 

Wasn't arsed went anyway, got what we wanted a badly needed win, 2 goals we have been desperate for and a clean sheet, funny to say in a semi final but those 3 things possibly more important than reaching the final in a way as it gives us a much needed lift before Saturday

Yeah it was against a team we should be beating and yes there was still times we looked a bit suspect but their was signs that Karl's message is getting across to the players.

1st half started sloppy and in truth after 10 mins or so maybe we was lucky not to be behind however after that we started to look like a team 2 divisions above scored a classy first goal added a second and by half time could have been 4 or 5 up

2nd half pretty comfortable in all fairness still made a couple of daft errors that may have been punished by better teams but in truth parras didn't have the quality to really hurt us and we should have put the game beyond doubt in all honesty with the chances we had on the break.

Overall a small step forward and hopefully one we can build on Saturday, all we want is for the players to give everything last 4 games last night they did no doubt if we continue to fight with everything we have we can ask no more,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:11 am 

Good report dingbat and good to hear you say Karl is getting his way of playing into the players.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:30 am 

A victory should give the players a much-needed boost to their confidence. I wish them well in the run in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:07 pm 

a win and some goals is what we wanted and thats what we got, and a place in the final, a decent workmanlike performance from the blues, ackers and vallo worked well as a pair in midfield, macca and tyler down the left was always a threat and the instigators of most of our moves, the front 2 foraged well with some good hold up play, and the back 4 dealt with most they had to throw at us, with only about 2 chances from a pairing with about 70 goals between them, we played some decent football at times, and before people start to say they were 2 divisions below and we should be beating them, yes we should be beating them, but it still takes some graft and effort to win a game of football, nobody has a divine right to win cos they are 2 divisions better off,(and they do throw some money about too) at least they gave their MOTM award to the goalie, so that shows which stopper was the busiest.
hopefully this has set us up just right for saturday, come on boys same on saturday please.