It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Grantham game
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:14 pm 

I see the mighty blues lost again this afternoon. Clearly a great idea to get super Karl Rose back. What's his record now for this season? Played 10 lost 10? Quality.

Post subject: Re: Grantham game
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:45 pm 

and who would you have put there then ? tbh i was hoping for a point at best today so no big loss. the worst thing about it was another home defeat. too many strollers on the pitch again for me. not even lee managed to lift them for the 6 pointers leading up to karls return. at the end of the day the players have to look at themselves and ask the question.

one man stepped it up today when they went to 10 and that was priestley, a few others tried and the rest, well we'll just leave it there shall we.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:49 pm 

Nice to see some good football for the first 20 mins first half and the second half instead of the crap Mozza gave us.
All I can say is its a pity Mozza dident go at Christmas and Karl could have been given a chance to make things right then we would not have been in the mess we are in now.
The board have made a lot of mistakes this season and cost us dear.
I posted on another posting ( then do a runner ?? )
But we still have a chance the attitude of the player was far better under Karl and if we build on that along with the football then dreams may just come true.
( ie Prem football next year. )
But has the manager been given time ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:08 pm 

Plenty of huff and puff today but little quality. Two goals that should have been prevented. I know pitch was poor but Grantham managed to play on it..Front players weak, 2 goals in the past 7 games says it all. Might have been different if Tyler had put that one away. Only positive I can find today is Corby lost. Must win next week to be in with any sort of chance, lets hope Karl can instill some confidence.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:26 pm 

Looking and playing like a team already relegated and confidence amongst the players looks shot. No point in playing the blame game of which managers fault it was or is.

We've got half a team out there that we're Karl's players at the start of the season, and the other half of the team are Mozza's who came to play for him.

Yes, you could argue, when you bring a new manager in it's gives the players a lift and you normally get a short sharp bump in positive results, but with all due respect to Karl, it was never on the cards imo because of the reasons above.

Lets face it, how we aren't so cut adrift with such a losing a streak is a miracle. My heart says maybe our fortunes will turn, but we can't score a goal for toffee. So my head is saying division 1 here we come, it's finally our year.

That doesn't really dishearten me, more Disappointing. But I firmly believe if the club can back Karl or whoever with the same funds. We can bounce back.

Sometimes you need to take a step back, to take two steps forward.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:27 pm 

Well said SMS. I gave up the ghost after seeing the match at IIkeston. Not enough quality, not enough fight, not fit enough
and had the stink of a relegation side about them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:12 pm 

we looked as though we were ready for our summer holidays today, but there is still a glimmer of hope, and thats all it is, a glimmer, very little confidence running through the team, only about 4 who did put the energy into the game, and a couple having stinkers, poor decision i reckon to shove big ju up front late on when we have a striker on the bench, dont know what he must have thought, mozza should have gone in november then a new guy could have had time to work on the squad, rosey deserves a medal taking the job on when he did, i thought the board was right in parting with mozza, but the timing was wrong as i said at the time, not giving a new guy time to even bring in any new players(apart from stafford waving the 7 day ruling on zeph)who by the way looked unfit today.
but nobody previously has given any credit to a very good grantham side, even when down to 10 men, it didnt show at all, a fast, slick, organised team who wanted to win. i would go as far as to say one of the best teams to visit the lane this season.

p.s. not nice to see sam akeroyd`s reaction to being substituted, that does nothing for team spirit and lets the paying public down, a public apology would do nicely for that.

Last edited by blue stan on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:44 pm 

Couple of general points to start
1. I believe Mr Woodbine it's played 8 lost 8 under karl over two spells this season , now I agree on paper that's an horrendous stat and at the at end of the day he has been in charge for those games and must take responsibility for them and am sure he will, however (and am sure you know this) it's not as straightforward as the record suggests by any means, the team was in trouble anyway and what ever you think of Karl good or bad he has shown the bottle to take on the job under extremely difficult circumstances at an horrendous point of the season and has stuck his head on the chopping block to take on the responsibility
2. There are lots of reasons why we are were we are as a club/team at the moment lots of decisions both big and small made by various people on and off the pitch at various points of the season have directed us to the point we are currently at, now as far as blame/responsibility goes for these decisions in the words of the prime minister 'now is not the time' we have all summer to debate that and pick though the bones on here, at the moment we are were we are all well can do is get behind the team the last 4 games leave the blame game till after that please

On to the game was pleased with the team which looked competitive on paper first half thought we started quite bright and upto the goal it was certainly an even contest but just like Tuesday night we concede an horrendous goal that puts us on the back foot and all season we have struggled massively once we have gone a goal down we then conceded a sloppy second and to the fair game could have been over by half time overall a poor half

2nd half we came out fired up, then there 9 gets a deserved red for a stupid kick and your stood their thinking with over half hour left if we can get a goal back maybe we can nick a point, then the 2 big moments/chances for Tyler and priest to be fair the goalie has made 2 decent saves but one of them needed to go in but that's how it is in front of goal for us at the moment we could not score in the city sauna, then the biggest disappointment of the afternoon the last 15 mins or so when we should have been peppering the goal we offered nothing at all

In summary Grantham just like Buxton Tuesday stronger in all departments once again poor defending and a lack of any quality or cutting edge in front of goal has cost us we are looking like a team that's going down at the moment I have to say, 4 or 5 players need to have a long hard look at themselves in the mirror in the morning as at the moment they are letting the club and the fans down now some of these lads have no affiliation to frickley athletic however if they want to get deals elsewhere next year then they need to pull there fingers out of the backsides and put some effort in now I was going to name names and as you will know I am not afraid too however again now is not the time we have what we have till the end of theach season and that's that, now as negative as today was we are not dead yet we are a point behind with 4 to go now Sutton could put us further in trouble Tuesday with the game in hand but also 2 wins could be enough who knows? We don't look like a team that could win a game of Mario kart never mind 2 games of football but we all hope and pray that can change don't give up hope and fight to the bitter end is all we ask

Now another thing that could come into play is the Ilkeston situation they have failed to forfull their fixture today rumours on Twitter is that that's them done if so it likely their record would be excluded now that would see us loose 3 points but it could also see others loose 4 or even 6 now that's obviously speculation on my my part but it seems likely it could play a part??? Maybe it could see us gain a couple of points on a few teams?

As for Tuesday if it was up to me I would pull out the competition now and pay the £1000 fine I imagine that is less than the cost of fielding a team Tuesday it's a game we could do without and the final (If we got there) is on the weds between the Spennymoor easter Monday game and the final game at Mickelover which is a joke and again possibly one we maybe could do without it, now I love the Sheffield cup and normally I would be looking forward to getting to a final and getting one over those smelly cheating ducks but again now is not the time, failing that play the under 19's the only thing that matters is that skem game now we need to beat them get our tales up hope we can win one of the final three and pray that's enough

Anyway Dingbat out

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:56 pm 

Woodbine don't half sound like Kaye ??? Just saying cos he also talks s##t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:23 pm 

Corby / Sutton Coldfield / Mickleover / Halesowen have each taken 3 points off Ilston, + Marine 4, so whatever happens with them it's not likely to make any difference.
It would make much more sense to me to play the approx.first team against Handsworth, as it's a chance to get a win which the players badly need asap to get the confidence back before Skem. We can then pull out of the final 24 hours beforehand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:16 am 

I would play a strong team down at Worksop in the hope that someone scores a goal, it might just burst the dam and
more goals flow from it. Frickley are not quitters Dingbat.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:35 am 

A few seasons ago I said we would stay up when most said we would go down.
Thankfully I was right. :oops:
So I am going to try again by saying we WILL stop up with a grand stand finish, last game we need to win to stop up and we win it.
Karl / strats / dudge will become legends over night.
And F1 will be right once again :) :)

HEADS UP Div1 hasent got us yet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:07 am 

No, it hasn't Frickley1. I hope you are proved right, though it is hard to believe at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:19 pm 

Quote:
A few seasons ago I said we would stay up when most said we would go down.
Thankfully I was right. :oops:

When was this then, F1
Would it have been in this post from the April 2015 where you said we were staying up?

Out played today no longer a Prem team and going down IMO.
From Conference to Div 1 what a demise.
I am sick to the guts.
I feel the spirit has gone and we are just playing out the season hoping for the best.
The two young lads did OK today.

Or this one from the April 2014 when you were right and everyone else was wrong

SICKENED, DISILLUSIONED, DISAPPOINTED, EMBARRASSED, ANNOYED.
YET ANOTHER SEASON DOWN THE PAN.
DIV 1 WAITING NEED I POST MORE?
WHY / HOW HAS THIS ONCE GREAT CLUB COME TO THIS HOW?

Or perhaps this from March 2012

Down and out. Down to div1, out of the prem. And deserved to be the way we played most of the season. NO excuses from F1. My big fear is we will never make it back to the prem again and will just be a very little fish in a very little pond (DIV1) with even smaller gates. Dont think Rinky will be with us next season or most of the players and should they be? I wonder will this great football club we all love still be here in a few years at all. ( Look at Wakefield and Ossett) I know this has been coming for years but that dosent make it any better / easyer. On the Peter Bywater packing in , Well he has done before and then changed his mind and stopped on, but should he? after all we will be relegated on his watch. Credit to him and the other board members for keeping us going and paying our way. But bottom of the table most years and now relegated. Yes we are down and out and i for one am sick to the back teeth.
FRICKLEY FOOTBALL CLUB AS WE NOW KNOW IT > > R.I.P.

No, I’ve finally found it from March 2011

PS I still think Rinky can save us having just had a look at the table all is not done yet, have a look at the table a few wins could see us OK.

I hope you're right F1, although with your past predictions I think we might be safer if you said we were doomed :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:08 pm 

Get over it mate I was right then ( 2011) when most said we would go down and I hope I am again 2017.
Come on Karl lads you can do it.