It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Karl Rose is back.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:07 pm 

Come on then people, let's scream our heads off and get behind the team for the last 7 games to avoid relegation.

We are Frickley

Post subject: Re: Karl Rose is back.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:18 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
Come on then people, let's scream our heads off and get behind the team for the last 7 games to avoid relegation.

We are Frickley

100% agree dove, get to Ilkeston and get behind them

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:19 pm 

Welcome back Karl, you've got a job on. I am glad to see the former manager back but wish Lee Morris well with whatever he does next. The change might even inspire me to travel down to Ilkeston on Saturday by public transport.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:52 pm 

WELCOME BACK KARL / STRATS.
Best news i have had for weeks.
Its sad it took so long for it to happen.
Learn the lesson board PLEASE.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:59 pm 

Blade1 wrote:
Welcome back Karl, you've got a job on. I am glad to see the former manager back but wish Lee Morris well with whatever he does next. The change might even inspire me to travel down to Ilkeston on Saturday by public transport.

Yep, genuinely all the best to Lee and James.
But it is what it is, so very best of luck to Karl too.
Ilkeston - here we come!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:07 pm 

Huge credit must go to the board to act swiftly and make the quick re appointment of Karl lm sure the vast majority of fans will welcome him back l do for one lm sure people will say they should have been given longer but they didn't help themselves from the start

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:25 pm 

I've said before I'm a big fan of Karls teams, win lose or draw they play good football. Not many games left but if anybody can rescue us its Karl - good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:22 pm 

Old school wrote:
Huge credit must go to the board to act swiftly and make the quick re appointment of Karl lm sure the vast majority of fans will welcome him back l do for one lm sure people will say they should have been given longer but they didn't help themselves from the start

100% agree, board have took some stick on here a lot of it from me some deserved some maybe not but they have shown some major balls with this decision so massive credit to them

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:35 pm 

I'm not sure there's any winners or losers in today's shenanigans. Personally I'd have preferred Lee & co to be given until the end of season, as I imagine there remit was to avoid relegation, which was still a possibility. Nobody can say either way for certain how it would have played out. I agree Saturday was poor, and Lee himself gave one of the poorest performances I've seen in a blues shirt for a long while. In hindsight he was too anxious to get the result, and was putting himself in the firing line by trying to lead by example which backfired. Yes he's made other costly mistakes too, but show me a player or manager who hasn't. There's a fine line between success and failure in football. I've never really bought into 'the players don't want to play for him' case. Yes hinsley left, and Tyler has been left on the bench quite a bit, but to be honest, when Tyler has been given an opportunity he hasn't really showed up . Probably because player and manager don't believe in each other . Sebba wasn't keen either apparently, but did it really show in his performances. ? Not for me he's been his dependable self. There was also the JK sideshow who can put people's noses out of joint. Understandable, but really for a Wednesday fan he ain't that bad once you have a chat to him, when you can get a word in !. Yes, he gets criticised by us all for his sideline demeanour with the opposition, but let's not forget we've seen that before with Dudge, and he was the only one dismissed. Anyhow, maybe it was the Right job at the wrong time for Lee. Hopefully he goes away, regroups and goes on to do a marvellous job for someone else, he'll always be a marvellous servant to Frickley in my eyes.

Not quite sure what we're going to get from going back to Karl, this is no disrespect to Karl. But what's changed ? He resigned after losing 5 games, and I don't really know why. I did hear rumours that it was down to the dreaded word 'budget' and that he felt he couldn't take the team any further, after losing some players from the previous season's success. So if that was the case, has the budget changed under Lee ?. I don't think the statements that the club put out are very good to be frank, I don't think it eluded to why Karl had resigned, like today that it said Lee had left, when he was obviously sacked. We don't need to go into particulars of figures etc. But we are a semi -professional club after all that could do with some transparency.

Chad still goes around with a bucket for the development fund, yet I don't and probably others don't know what we're even collecting for, as the building has been stood there completed for ages. I've heard there was some sort of hold up with getting the keys etc. Then I heard we possibly needed more money for the car park and fencing. Like I said, these are rumours, and I'm too long in the tooth to believe what's fact and fiction . I'd just prefer the facts, if we need another x amount of money, just tell the fans and let us crack on with it. Who's on the board now, I had to ask the other week. People have stood down, resigned, gone back on etc.

It's not designed to 'have a go' at Gareth, Phil or whoever. I respect they put in a lot of hard work. It's just an observation that I think we can improve on. our PR with our own fan base, so we can understand how decisions are being made. Mini is doing a marvellous job on the web side, but I'm sure many others and not just me can read between his 'style' of delivery and others probably given to him for posting, as official statements.

If we do go down, will it be Karl's fault for the start, Lee's fault for the 7 months , or Karl's fault for not salvaging us in the last 7 games ? Or if Karl wins a few games , or we win the AGM cup and manage to stay up by the skin of our teeth, does Karl take the plaudits, or Lee take the plaudits for putting us in the position for Karl to finish it off . They're either both losers or winners !

Anyhow, I hope we can field a team on Saturday , let's not be fooled. Players follow managers, so I expect those who were loyal to Lee may not be available Saturday all of a sudden. Here's to squeaky bum time. After all we support the club, whoevers in charge

P.s Dingbat . I hope the crystal ball isn't making a comeback, and player movement can be announced through 'official' channels, and I hope you're going to be as critical and subjective with your relative Mr Rose , as you were with Mr Morris :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:39 pm 

SMS I'm getting a bit sick of your posts - they're always so well-reasoned and hard to disagree with :lol:
I would also have liked to see Moz finish the job of keeping us up, but what's done's been done, so lets get 100% behind Karl and the players for the 7 cup finals they have in the remainder of the season. One thing that always shone through for me though was how proud Lee was to be Frickley manager. So I hope even those who didn't want him to stay will wish him well in the future, and acknowledge some of the positive impact he had rather than dwell on where they think he went wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:54 am 

SMS can I have what u had with that massive speech , lol lol , simple facts u got what 7 games left to get out of it , and sorry but one I don't want u 2 win is the Hoofcrapsyoball Derby , Jezza , with Hindsley getting the winner :lol: but we after beat Marine in our last game to do u a favour , but need to win rest of ur games against some who below u , big chance at Ilko on saturday another must win game at Skem , Stour u going to after battle 4 even a pt like I saw Mickleover the other wk do , who by the way u got last game , Witch town FC and Spenny at home u need points from 4 be ok but 6 would be better , I feel the Parra game is a hinderance really for the club , these cups should be out of the way by now by the dinosaur County FA's , O by the way , I hope the weather doesn't play havoc with the outstanding fixtures , good luck and hope Rosey pulls u out of it .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:47 am 

top post SMS, well said.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:45 am 

Great post SMS I agree the timing is strange and I fully expected Lee to be given till the end of the season, I did also feel that at that point though he would leave basically due to everything that's gone on during his tenure from all aspects such as performance, behaviour, recruitment am sure you get what I mean, I felt that way cos any reasonable football club board would rightly and understandably be concerned and also worried about the managers longer term suitability for the job.

However it's evident that the board have backed Lee 100% in the short term and right up to Saturdays game (with the signing of pico) so much so the squad (left back position apart and thats not a dig at young tate who has done well) now has at least short term a proven and/or very capable/dependable player in every position and on paper should be able to comfortably compete against most sides at this level, I believe (for no reason other than inclination) that there plan would have been to let the season pan out and then re_assess in the summer (as would be the norm at any club with any manager to some extent or other) however despite the apparent strenth of the squad and options available to the manager we currently find our self's on a 4 game winless run topped off by a poor performance in a crucial game Saturday; therefore it seems that the board lost short term confidence in the management team and therefore had no option but to relieve them of there duties I agree but the fact Karl was still available will have to some extent had an impact on the decision, time will tell if the board have made the right call for what it's worth i agree 100% with them (and would have even if it had not been Karl who replaced them)

As for Karl coming back i have not spoken to him only txt him to wish him well at Ilkeston Saturday and for the rest of the season, however I doubt he would have returned to the same situation he lost heart with before and would imagine he has been given some assurance by the board, I may be wrong the situation may be exactly as it was I honestly do not know

As for the players it's true one or two may follow mozza out the door as long as it's only that amount I don't see a major issue, I agree at this stage of the season it's not the time to start re-building the squad however I see it as highly likely most of the players will remain at least till the end of the season as firstly there is a core of players original brought in by Karl and then loan players who are just out to impress or get fit or both, for what it's worth if I remember correctly Karl tried before to sign the priest before he went to shaw lane and I belive he knows fairhurst as well, I would imagine Karl will want to maybe add a couple this week but again that's only be summising we will see

I will of course continue to give my un-biased opinion on here win or lose good or bad, as for the crystal ball it's currently collecting dust in the attic the story of its origin is well known maybe it's best not to mess with the unexplained phenomenon as it's power caused uproar the last time it was used :)

Any how we move on now, I genuinely wish Moz and JK all the best for the future you could not fault there passion and my view was nothing personal they didn't help there selves at times but it's gone now the focus now is on the team on the pitch and ensuring survival

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:45 am 

Sorry double post

Last edited by Dingbat on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:32 am 

Regarding bringing new players in I believe the transfer deadline for the season is 5pm on Thursday.

As clubs are required to put seven day notices in on players, you would have had to have put any seven day notices in last week in order to guarantee being able to speak to and sign any player currently registered at another club before the transfer deadline.

Of course you can put in an approach to another club and ask them if they would waive the seven days, but you are relying on the goodwill of the other club to do so, they have no obligation to waive it if they wish.

You would be free to sign any player not currently registered with a club, but there is normally a reason why they are not registered at this stage of the season...

The point I'm making is that it may not be easy to bring in any players Karl wants at this point in time, it would certainly have been easier a couple of weeks ago when you had time to put the requisite seven day notices in.

Good luck guys, I hope you avoid relegation. I hope to see some of you when you play Parramore.