It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hednesford game
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:14 pm 

Didn't deserve to lose in my opinion hit by a proverbial sucker punch, overall a really poor game not much quality from either side, pitch not the best at all, blues had the better chances however missed a couple of one on ones and had 2 cleared off line, there keeper lucky to stay on, there sub made a big difference when the 10 went off the big lad who came on started to hold the ball up and bully people and the momentum just started to swing there way a little and then the late goal followed, shout outs to diggles who dealt with everything well and looked solid, and Jack Burton who had a decent game and looks a really good prospect good to see academy lads stepping up and playing a part, also we looked a lot better set up from are own attacking set pieces which we looked vulnerable from tues nice to see lee taking my advice again just a shame we didn't get anything from the game, tough games Tues and sat coming up corby and Sutton winning bad day for us but plenty of effort and hopefully we will see a similar team Tues maybe get ackroyd back in if available and fairhurst if fit but other than that no messing about or panicking needed, also where was JK? And was it a coincidence there was no trouble at the end in his absence

Post subject: Re: Hednesford game
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:49 pm 

unlucky not to get something out of that game, we didnt deserve to lose it, but having said that, not taking our chances let us down, the only real chance they had all game they managed to finish it, lets hope we can bottle these type of performances and keep them up to the end of the season, everyone put a shift in, as dingbat says credit to jack burton who had a very good game and vallo,after a few quiet games was back to his best,well done on the performance from a very youthful side with 8 teenagers in it, a word on the main talking point, the goalkeepers card, at the time when everyone was screaming that he was the last man and should see red, i called it as a yellow,as the ball was going away from the goal......but having seen the video, the goalie was late,not going to get the ball and took mangs out deliberately, he should have had red for the ferocity of the challenge when a tad late, he knew what he was doing. but then the ref does not have the use of a video replay, i dont like criticising refs but this guy seemed intent on making it a non contact game.

Last edited by blue stan on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:03 pm 

Dont think we'd have scored if we played till midnight, it was just one of those games. Hednesford not a patch on Matlock but go away with the points. As you say DB, 14 was a real handful when he came on and made the goal, glad he wasn't on from the start. As mentioned, there are positives especially with the young lads playing, keeper had a solid game. Pitch was awful - but for both sides, hard to play football on it.
Red card all day long for the keeper. Got to forget about this now and get fired up for Tuesday, think we are capable of getting out of trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:26 pm 

Are we that politically correct now that we block fair posts because this is by far and away not the only time I have had a post blocked without offence or swearing ,or is it just me?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:27 pm 

Why has that one gone (no comment) Bon soir

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:44 pm 

pics or 4candles wrote:
Are we that politically correct now that we block fair posts because this is by far and away not the only time I have had a post blocked without offence or swearing ,or is it just me?

What occurred Pics? I haven't done anything & I'm the moderator on here. I've only just come on here at 8.45pm so not sure what's happened. DM me mate & I'll see what I can find out

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:10 pm 

gobsmacked we lost that game today. we could see it happening as the game went on, it was just not going to be our day. not the best of games for sure but hednesford deserved nothing, they should have had 2 reds imo, 10 should have walked and the keep, but yes the ref bottled it big time. if he deemed to give the kick against the keep, how the hell was it only a yellow when outside the box and last man ??

for refs to gain respect they have to earn said respect. the plonker in the middle earned non and rightly deserved non, it just grates slightly that seb was sent off for an offence outside the area but this one didnt.

well done to our keep today, had a blinder and didnt deserve to be on the losing side. well done son.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:30 am 

Is there any post match interviews from this game? Funny how when we loose there never is?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:08 pm 

Yes there are interviews - Chris filmed them & is editing them & the highlights - he does have a job & a family as well

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:40 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
Is there any post match interviews from this game? Funny how when we loose there never is?

I hope you'll be submitting a fair few questions for our unpaid semi-professional hack to ask after the next home game too? :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:49 pm 

boyspen wrote:
Dingbat wrote:

I hope you'll be submitting a fair few questions for our unpaid semi-professional hack to ask after the next home game too? :wink:

No point unless we win next week, if we loose the Q&A won't take place just been on YouTube channel and every interview is after we have won a game (fact) that's not me having a go at mini (he knows I love him to bits :D ) or the 2 lads doing the highlights (which are top class and I thank them cos I enjoy watching the highlights and all the stuff they film) it's stating a fact and is more a reflection of the men in charge, either don't do any interviews whatsoever or face the camera win,loose or draw; good, bad or indifferent can't say fairer than that

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:10 pm 

Fair play mozza lad interview on site after yesterday keep listening to the bat and you won't go far wrong, now I know I have your attention 442 Saturday please and play Tyler square pegs square holes will = 3 points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:21 am 

Interview now on you tube, excelent mini and the boys keep up the good work, as for mozza fair play for doing them always nice to hear the managers opinion even if you don't agree, can't see how it was an excellent performance it was OK we didn't deserve to loose but we had a lack of quality if anything and I don't get the point about us going above marine and that shows how far we have come??? Look forward to Saturday should be an interesting debate