It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Matlock game
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:25 pm 

1st half after an early chance for us matlock got on top and it looked only a matter of time before they scored however a combination of poor finishing and brave defending kept them at bay, we then battered are way back into the game mangham forced a good save from there keeper then we got the goal after excellent work from Burrows. With a few mins to half time it was a case of just seeing it out which proved to be a bit of a struggle we seemed to panick and matlock again missed a few decent chances before the half time whistle went to the relief of the frickley faithful.
2nd half I was fearful of the Matlock backlash but I thought the blues actually improved and stopped them playing so much so the no4 who ran the show at times 1st half was taken off, we pressed well, fought hard and looked dangerous with the movement of the front 3, are achilles heel was however the breakaways esp from are own corners which we nearly conceded in the aftermath from not once not twice but 3 times only John Hood seemed to be alive to this on the bench whilst morris and kay where rollicking Tyler for something which happens 5 mins ago, sometimes there inexperienced shows and maybe it's time for them to give Hoody moreally influence as he far more experienced and switched on to stuff at times. Anyway we saw it though thanks to a goal lime clearance and 2 or 3 decent sebba saves. Overall a hard working committed performance and a big 3 points for the 1st time in a long time it actually looks like survival may be a possibility let's hope we keep the bit between our teeth and keep on trucking
Another couple of things firstly there has been times this season when mozzarella has ignored Bailey, Aykroyd and Tyler, all 3 of them tonight where fantastic and also we have been asking for a mobile centre half combo for 6 months finally we see one and it results in a clean sheet also no meynell = 10 points in 4 games let's hope we don't see him on the pitch again much better where he was tonight on the sidelines , also keep Tyler in the side no Messing about with champagne chiraze any more, listen to the bat Lee and we might just make it though only been telling you 6 months
Also please Gareth penny et al have a word with them both about the behaviour at the end of games shake hands and walk off its every week now there is an altercation with the opposition coaching staff or players, the incident tonight was handbags but had the potential to turn nasty or esculate out of hand, the club doesn't need it, End of day passions run high and I am as guilty as anyone of getting too involved but I have also been spoken too about it and rightly so at times, also Karl strays and hoody in the past only need to look angry and they have been reigned in (again rightly so) but time and again nothing is said to these 2, I am confident mozza could handle himself but his assistant is going to get 'banged out' as the kids say before long unless he is spoken too about his attitude his 'hold me back lads' impression tonight whilst standing behind mozza and meynell was embarrassing have a word for gods sake.
Anyway on we go maybe at times I forget these lads are inexperienced and we have to forgive there mistakes I.E the goalie blunder sat day and the set up from are own corners tonight am sure we all agree there is no doubting there passion or commitment to the cause all I ask is they learn from each game and look for improvement in themselves and three team the first test if this will be if they mess with this winning formula when there players are back from injury, I still have concerns in the long term but I am happy to be proved long as far as this season is concerned and all we can do is get behind them hope we stay up and see what the summer brings all we ask from them is an open mind to learn from there mistakes and to maybe cut out some of the daft behaviour after games
Come on blues bring on Saturday

Post subject: Re: Matlock game
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:49 am 

Enjoy lads & lasses , I enjoy it tongt , especially you beating them lot the Swamp Donkeys :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i8yJKcnSSs&t=215s

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:27 am 

Another three points toward survival from the drop. Well done Blues.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:01 am 

Another great battling display from the Blues. Matlock were a good footballing side with fast forwards and gave us some problems on the break, but if our defenders were beaten there was the unbeatable Sebba between the sticks. Matlock 7 constantly simulating and fair play to the referee for ignoring it although beyond me why a card wasnt given. Disagree with Dingbat about Shiraz - always thought he has put a shift in and been effective. Well done all at the club last night, as you say DB fisticuffs at the end does nothing for us - time something was done.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:11 pm 

praise where its due, for getting the lads on a high last night, the commitment and tempo shown in that second half was epic.
in the words of selwyn froggatt "magic r morris"