It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:41 pm

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post subject: Marine game
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:31 pm 

Suppose excuse will be the red for seba but unfortunately we have the softest of soft underbellies and after the first goal predictably panicked and folded like the proverbial pack of cards with James kay taking on the role of the joker, and why when a GK (diggels) travels with the squad do you not name them on bench that decision could be the difference between survival and relegation 2 pts dropped as well as a massive momentum boost handed to Marine, 2 tough home games now hopefully the lads can pick themselves up cos we are still in a scrap

Post subject: Re: Marine game
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:42 am 

Better a point than none.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:53 pm 

Would have taken a point before the game but disappointed how we folded. Not having a go at Jack as hes not a keeper but we could have put Hoody on the bench, 3 points in the bag. Lads have to pick themselves up for Tuesday.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:22 pm 

it must be hard having to find a keeper that is content to sit on the bench every saturday and not get a game, especially with the travelling involved too in our league, but this is your insurance policy, cos once a season your keeper is going to get injured or sent off, and then you are in the sticky brown stuff, as was proved yesterday from 3 up, those 2 points lost could be vital come the end of the season, but we need to find someone who is content to sit on the bench to fill this void in our line up, its not as we can afford to go into a game without this insurance policy, cos we need to face the truth, we are in a dogfight for survival and small points like this are vital to our survival.
p.s. bluebeard, hoody is not signed on this season, time for mozza to act and get him signed up i say.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:58 pm 

Diggels was there in the stand travelled with the squad and wasn't named in the 16, so it wasn't like there was no one available the manager choose not to name a keeper on the bench

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:15 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
Diggels was there in the stand travelled with the squad and wasn't named in the 16, so it wasn't like there was no one available the manager choose not to name a keeper on the bench

Never sits well with me not naming a goalkeeper on the bench especially when one is available. I'm not taking anything away from young Jack BUT I'm led to believe he's NEVER played in goal at anytime.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:26 pm 

Mr Sitter wrote:
Dingbat wrote:

Never sits well with me not naming a goalkeeper on the bench especially when one is available. I'm not taking anything away from young Jack BUT I'm led to believe he's NEVER played in goal at anytime.

And you can tell looking at the highlights, not as bad risking it if you have a outfielder who is decent in goal ala jagielka at Sheffield utd a few years ago but to have no one Its a non sensible decision and nothing against jack fair play for stepping up and having a go

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:06 pm 

no one can blame jack waters in anyway, probably deserves praise for putting his hand up to volunteer to take over the gloves, but if diggles travelled and wasnt named on the teamsheet, then this is another black mark against the manager for not covering all possible avenues when he named 2 under 19`s on the bench who stood very little chance of getting on except for injury.
this decision could come back to bite him on the backside.