It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:42 pm

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post subject: Skem game
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:33 pm 

A few points as putting 2 much opinion upsets people
1.luckiest team in the world today
2.had skem kept 11 they would have beaten us
3. 2-0 up 10 mins left or so again ten men, just showed how tactically inept the manager and his assistant are, even at 0-0 we are chasing game after 50 mins and they get thru one on one even at 3-2 we still can't shut up shop very very fortunate
4. What's point of these loaneese took one off and put himself on ahead of 2 sat on bench fair enough it 'sort of'worked in the end but why are they here if manager has to bring himself on ahead of them?
5. Vital win and suppose 3 points are 3 points but it's still dire crap to watch and I still think we will struggle to stay up we are lucky Corby, Ilkeston, and Skem have issues off the field affecting there performance
6. Credit to skem kept going all afternoon deserved something
7. Credit to ref excellent best I've seen at lane for ages
8.finally, anyone giving me funny looks come and speak to me man to man
Dingbat out

Post subject: Re: Skem game
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:22 pm 

Why is it we lower our game when the opposition are not very good. Lucky to get the win today but 3 points is 3 points. Thought Skelmersdale deserved a draw - unlucky. After the sending off it was a 10 man defence and Skelmersdale looked comfortable, their keeper had a pretty quiet day - as did Sebba. Great route one goal to open the scoring. At 2-0 on 80 minutes why couldn't we pack the midfield and close the game off instead of going for goals and being exposed at the back. few players were off their game today so just happy to win ugly. Well done Blues.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:53 pm 

We can't pack midfield and shut a game out cos the golden boys are clueless, they think tactics is a brand of small hard mints, they were panicking and shouting at the players after ten mins all we had to do was stay calm and pass the ball work the opposition, we have been fortunate that both ilkeston and skem have had a man sent off or no way we would have got 6 points out of those games we have towed our bag out against 2 struggking sides who have both played with ten men for the majority of the game, I've seen nothing in the last month to make me change my minds no improvements and the best player bar sebba now gone they should resign immediately out of there depth in every possible way, I beg the board to wake up and make a change, believe me it's only going to get worse, that was absolute rubbish today we won't get away with that for long esp against better/more experienced sides

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:38 am 

not a great spectacle, but it was about the result not the performance, 3 pts from a potential 6 pointer,
the sending off gave us a big advantage from the start, we controlled the game and was never in trouble til the last 6 minutes, then we press the self destruct button, but rescue it with a scrambled late winner, thought skem were a tad unlucky after pulling it back to 2-2 and gave a good show of defending and stifling us after parking the bus, we only had about 5/6 players putting a shift in, was surprised to see curtley taken off as he put in a decent shift, the ref got the sending off spot on and had a superb game.
in response to dingbats comment on mozza playing himself, whatever he thinks of our gaffer as a man or a manager, this is a game of football, where you should pick your best side to win the game, as a player mozza is still the best striker we have available to us,the loan players i agree with that we are bringing them in and not playing them, but johnson looks below this standard(andre that is not michael) and kuda, well, there is more movement in my arthritic knees than his whole body, pugh had a decent stint when he came on yesterday, but we need our own strikers, oh, i almost forgot, we do have at least one, joe thornton, but then we havent started him up front, mind boggling stuff.
anyway happy about the result, be we got out of jail there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:22 pm 

I agree he is probably the best striker we have currently even when no where near match fit, which just highlights how poor the recruitment has been,

when he came in it was all think of the contacts etc well so far we have had players from SLA/Goole who he knows and stoher apart none have been good enough, and loans from FL sides which again Burdett apart ain't been good enough (jury out on lad from donny who did ok yesterday) but the loans have not been brought in by the manager rather offered to the club,

As a man he seems a decent bloke I don't know him as a player he has been a top non league striker/goalscorer, but he is been judged now as a manager, his commitment and passion is not in question but the things that matter: man management, tactics, recruitment and ability to work and remain calm under pressure are sadly lacking, said it beforw in my opinion it's been a poor appointment and the club will go backwards with these two I hope am wrong but I doubt I will be

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:27 pm 

Goal highlights, the sending off & post match interviews available at Frickley Athletic TV You Tube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj76rJ ... NBC5KRf5Lw

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:56 pm 

Three vital points.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:26 pm 

Think Moz deserves some credit for realising what areas we were failing in at half-time, and doing exactly what was needed to get the players to change their approach in the second half. Then at 2-2 we were able to grab the game by the scruff of the neck again and win it. He was a complete nuisance and got both sides out of their comfort zones.