It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:14 pm

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post subject: Grantham game
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:45 pm 

Well??? 1 step forward 3 steps back once again am afraid; what I can't understand is we build a bit of momentum with 2 solid performances and wins and have an opportunity tues with a home cup tie to keep/increase that momentum we change team get turned over and get back in the losing habbit, go into today on a downer and lose again, all this players in and out of squad/team tinkering etc is no good it pi*s*s players/fans off doesn't help with momentum or team organisation why not just stick with a nucleus of a side and try and improve we are not Man Utd or Chelsea and Morris and Kay are not as clever as they think, keep it simple play the better players get rid of the dead wood that's weighing us down I.e Meynell and get us motivated, let's be honest Tues night is the biggest game for a long while a good old fashioned 6 pointer and if they can't get team up for that then it's time for them to go, I just hope we don't revert to the dross of meynall, mangham et al as that certainly isn't the answer, my informed opinion is certain players don't want to play for them due to treatment they receive and been messed around which you can't do at semi pro level, also why is Meynell on bench when he is injured? I think I know but maybe am been synical wonder what the board's opinion is, anyway over and out see what others views are

Post subject: Re: Grantham game
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:14 pm 

So glad you weren't there dinger it was absolute dross no one seems to know what there supposed to be doing if it hadn't been for Seb it could have been double figures lm beginning to wonder if we look at our opponents prior to games or do any homework on the opposition at all it's also quite obvious the players don't want to play for the management

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:31 pm 

Old school wrote:
So glad you weren't there dinger it was absolute dross no one seems to know what there supposed to be doing if it hadn't been for Seb it could have been double figures lm beginning to wonder if we look at our opponents prior to games or do any homework on the opposition at all it's also quite obvious the players don't want to play for the management

Nearly went froze my tits off at oakwell instead, it's obvious we don't do any type of prep 're the opposition from games I've seen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:32 pm 

Really struggling to see us stay up this year :(
As dinger said, too much chopping and changing in the side, we've had no real consistency since Morris took charge. I'm no football expert, but Luke Hinsley's no centre half- so why on earth is he playing there? Too many players in the squad not good enough yet Valentine (one of our most consistent players this season) is sat on the bench with dross like Thornton. Must be heartbreaking for the younger lads like Burton or Palmer who can't get a look in. Does anyone know what's happened to Sam Hanna? One of the few players that has impressed me
Disgusted with Morris and Kay's treatment towards players, humiliating loyal players like Tyler or Sebba isn't going to win over either players or fans- whilst I appreciate the situation we are in, there is no excuse for some of the shocking behaviour shown, no wonder certain players don't want to play
I represent the younger generation of Frickley fans, and whilst being realistic in my league standing expectations , I expect a certain level of professionalism from the players, management, and the club. (Most of) the players are delivering their part, so now it's up to the management to do their bit.
Tuesday night is an absolute much win, anything other than 3 points and we are in trouble

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:17 pm 

I went to parkgate vs Bridlington instead very good I can see parkgate are in the same boat as us in relegation places

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:31 am 

I thought yesterday was an attempt to play with a settled side :? . Apart from Bailey (who's presumably injured), wasn't it the same line-up that started against Ashton, and two of the same subs brought on?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:39 am 

got to agree with what dinger has said, its so frustrating to see us play like that(and i use the word play loosely) easily 2nd best they were yards quicker,had more physical presence and out thought us, the first half display was embarrassing, luke sent off for 2 yellows when both looked harsh, put us on the back foot early on, 2nd half we did show some fighting spirit, but by then it was a damage limitation exercise, also embarrassing to finish the game with 9 men, thank god for sebba, easily our best performer and if it wasnt for him it would have been 5 or 6.
wonder which side will turn up on tuesday. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:17 am 

CH1401 good post, reason Valentine is on bench is cos last week we signed loan player from Miller's who has to play and Wilson from Matlock who won't travel if he isn't playing, so basically it's come down to vallers or dan ackroyd to be left out, and it's vallers turn to be messed about, plus if they mess ackroyd about he will leave (rightly so) having been messed out for previous month or so, so by tinkering management have created a situation where they have been forced to leave out a lad who had been arguably best/most consistent performer in last 5 or so games, and created a situation where they are not picking team on merit; am not on about the signings of the rotherham lad or Wilson fair enough bring them in its the messing/tinkering for no reason before that that has created situation of you get what I mean

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:19 am 

boyspen wrote:
I thought yesterday was an attempt to play with a settled side :? . Apart from Bailey (who's presumably injured), wasn't it the same line-up that started against Ashton, and two of the same subs brought on?

Maybe it was but what was Tuesday then? and see my previous post my tinkering in previous games the manager has created a situation where team is not been picked on merit but who's turn it is to be messed about

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:29 pm 

ch1401 wrote:
Really struggling to see us stay up this year :(
As dinger said, too much chopping and changing in the side, we've had no real consistency since Morris took charge. I'm no football expert, but Luke Hinsley's no centre half- so why on earth is he playing there? Too many players in the squad not good enough yet Valentine (one of our most consistent players this season) is sat on the bench with dross like Thornton. Must be heartbreaking for the younger lads like Burton or Palmer who can't get a look in. Does anyone know what's happened to Sam Hanna? One of the few players that has impressed me
Disgusted with Morris and Kay's treatment towards players, humiliating loyal players like Tyler or Sebba isn't going to win over either players or fans- whilst I appreciate the situation we are in, there is no excuse for some of the shocking behaviour shown, no wonder certain players don't want to play
I represent the younger generation of Frickley fans, and whilst being realistic in my league standing expectations , I expect a certain level of professionalism from the players, management, and the club. (Most of) the players are delivering their part, so now it's up to the management to do their bit.
Tuesday night is an absolute much win, anything other than 3 points and we are in trouble

Is this you Dingers :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:40 pm 

No sorry it's not pics; people can see what's going on with there own eyes who ever it is is talking sense tho on the issues discussed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:49 am 

Dingbat wrote:
boyspen wrote:

Maybe it was but what was Tuesday then? and see my previous post my tinkering in previous games the manager has created a situation where team is not been picked on merit but who's turn it is to be messed about

A pretty meaningless cup game. I would've though on the back of Ashton, which was as comfortable an away win as we're likely to get against a half decent side, picking the same side was a good idea... just surprised that people are citing Moz tinkering with the team as a reason for the poor performance against Grantham. If a team's not performing, you have to keep changing it till you get a decent 11 (and formation, ie 4-4-2), and if other players aren't happy with that and don't want to play then it rather limits your options when someone's injured.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:59 am 

ch1401 wrote:
I'm no football expert, but Luke Hinsley's no centre half- so why on earth is he playing there?

when has luke played centre half??
apart from the 45 minutes at ashton when it was an emergency he hasnt played in that position for us. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:38 pm 

We played well and won at Ashton and in the previous game, then too many changes on the Tuesday ensured momentum was lost and the losing habbit came back, end of day we should want to win at tiddlewinks,drafts,fifa or dootson cup, winning is a habit,

As for changing the side there has been too much tinkering and messing honest lads about and it's now impacting on selection

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:15 pm 

Well I’m partly playing devil’s advocate, but at the moment seems like he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. Pretty much the same thing was done with changing the team for the Sheff Cup game and then Ashton away, and that got praise for playing the fringe players and not risking injuries, then changing back to best 11 in a 4-4-2 for Ashton. And then doing the same thing for League cup and Grantham (and keeping the same side apart from Bailey, which he had no choice over) it’s Moz’s fault for tinkering. And if you read the Ashton thread, Luke was praised for how well he did at centre-half! Just seems to be a lot of blind alley criticism, in my opinion, similar to how one minute Moz was the target man we were crying out for, next game he's slated for playing himself.... There's a lot he's done which puzzles me too, but give him a chance to do it his way and ultimately the only thing he succeeds or fails on is league position.