It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nantwich game
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:39 pm 

Unlucky guys, Dabbers scored 4 lucky goals. We really should have snatched at least a draw.
The management will be quietly pleased that their weeks work on the training paddock has come to fruition.
New signings look great, especially the left back, probably the best I've seen since Stevie Daniels.

Onwards and upwards :D

Post subject: Re: Nantwich game
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:48 pm 

Yeah l know you can feel that buzz around the place with all the admiration for the management the players really seem to behind them don't they

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:32 pm 

It's now or never.There's a song in that somewhere. :evil: squared

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:15 pm 

No idea again, started ok then went to pot, we have the softest of soft underbellies, that's 10 conceded in 2 games, How long have we been saying we are vunerable to any ball played in behind? Yet it happens every single week cost us then we revert to playing deeper and deeper, How does Meynell keep getting picked? answers please? Costs us at least a goal a game? 2 more signings brought in no better than what we have? And Thornton how poor was he?

No one can tell me them lads wanted to play for the manager 2nd half we looked more concerned with avoiding a spanking than getting back into the game,

Am sorry but Morris and Kay are way way out of there depth can't motivate, tactically inept, shocking man management ability, antics on the touchline leaving a lot to be desired, and players don't want to play for them, time for a change or we are down, club need to act now only 2 men can save us now either Red Adair or Karl Rose

And JK I am the dingbat and I speak the truth and am happy to discuss any time, it's not rocket science it's not personal your not good enough and your taking us down

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:57 pm 

As i said on the Corby posting I think there is only a 30% chance that Karl would come back now Dingbat and thats only if he gets more money to get players in.
(I dont think he would get more money so I dont think he will come back)
Yes we did have a few bad year under Karl but credit to him he stuck at it and we finished 7th.
Would he want to start and build a team again only to see it all fall a part again like it did ?
I am not so sure he would.
It was a sad day when Karl decided to go but I dont blame him.
Do you?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:08 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
As i said on the Corby posting I think there is only a 30% chance that Karl would come back now Dingbat and thats only if he gets more money to get players in.
Yes we did have a few bad year under Karl but credit to him he stuck at it and we finished 7th.
Would he want to start and build a team again only to see it all fall a part again like it did ?
Do you?

Don't blame him one bit, if not Karl then surely there is better options out there, morris was a rushed appointment and a poor one of we don't make a change now it's relegation am afraid, it hasn't worked thats football time for a change that's my opinion and that of many others hope the club take more and act this week

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:20 pm 

Well said dingbat can't agree more with your comments as for the manager he is dealing with the players the wrong way if an individual has made an mistake wait till you get them in the dressing room to give them an rollickings at either half or full time not on the side line sebba might have made an mistake today
What would happen if he was nt in
net for us?
All we can hope for is an improvement starting Tuesday in the sheffield cup.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:02 pm 

at least this week we got to 40 mins before we folded. the lad daley (3) was left high and dry by the oppositions 11 and had no back up from the centre halfs. 3 of the goals came down that side, meynell was non existent again and did anyone hear him leading the team ? me neither.

things have to change and quick, dropping too many points especially at home. disheartened...yes, relegation candidates.....just about. we cannot rely on 3 or 4 players dragging us through each game. leading in 2 games and conceding 10 tells a story, and it aint good reading.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:46 pm 

First half I thought we competed well and were unlucky to be 2-1 at the break., both goals weak defending in the left back position.
Caught out several times through the middle, speed in our defence is non existent, we were ripped apart by the number 11, luckily we had Sebba at the back, would hate to think where we would be without him. Midfield seems lightweight, would like to see Hinsley in there with Ackroyd and the new lad. Bailey ok at the back with Gary. Can't understand why Tyler is not in the reckoning, player of the season for me last term.Thought Thornton was pretty good at left back after the red card, after that we offered nothing, just wanted the whistle to blow.. Would have taken a point before the game . Impressed again by Nathan Valentine, never sells us short. Things need to change or we'll be down before the trimmings.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:49 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Do you?

Agree F1, but where are you, not seen you for weeks!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:05 am 

well, well, well, same old story, a bright start and cannot hold onto a lead, the last 10-15 mins was painful, too deep and not trying to get back in the game more of a damage limitation exercise,as previously said, they looked like they didnt want to play for him,14 games in charge now for mozza and 35 players used :oops: obviously doesnt know his best 11, the players confidence must be at an all time low,guys dont know whether they will be playing,or in what position, we have played with one upfront for the last 2 games,that one being hinsley,then when subs are made,move him back to midfield,???? if he is our best striking option at 3pm, why is he not our best at 4.30, even though we all know his best position is not up top.
central defence is shambolic, we all know mozza started with a draw and 3 wins to give us all hope but since then,
remove the sheff cup game and we have one win,one draw and 7 defeats,with 27 conceded,that should tell the story,
dingbat asked for answers as to why meynell gets picked every week,
easy, he washes the gaffers car every sunday :D
as for the slating of players in front of everyone,it must be as embarrassing for the board as it is us fans.
these next 2 league games are crucial for the management team and the board,otherwise things have to change. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:29 am 

Does anyone think they deserve two more games

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:39 am 

My own serious thought's of the new management team are as follows. When Lee was appointed i said to myself, right Ok, he's a likeable fella, Knows Frickley inside and out, was a great player for the club, is well travelled and respected by fans, players and coaches alike across this level and above in non league circles. Obviously this has enable him to forge great contacts at this level from which Frickley would benefit. I'm sure that's also what the board were sold on.
But in the back of mind i also had the niggling doubt of, well he hasn't pulled up any trees at Goole, they haven't had the greatest starts to this season either and his overall win rate is far from impressive. Couple the fact he appointed a new number 2 at Goole at the start of the season was is shall i say, slightly bolshie. Has this job come too early for him ?.

I decided for once to be a sort of 'glass half full fella'. and left those niggling doubts in the back of my mind. But i wasn't alone, on the day of the appointment, a few people made contact saying "why Lee Morris". Even though i had those doubts, i was telling them to at least give him a fair crack of the whip, the positives are (as above). But we were all in agreement with one thing. That we didn't want JK to come with him as his number 2. Now that's not due to the fact he's Wednesday and I'm United, but the reasonable thinking that he'd been here a few times as a player, didn't look up to the standard, and tended to be one of those type of players that try to cover up for their sheer lack of footballing ability, the type that's unaccountable when conceding goals, gives lip to officials, opposition players and fans. Liked a tackle, but had the timing of a cheap Christmas pantomime villain. How could that possibly have a good impact on a dressing room !.

Also, i understand that they've got a tough challenge on their hands with maybe players tied up on contracts that they didn't sign, players buggering off on holiday mid season, players making themselves unavailable for whatever reason, along with the ill discipline shown by individual players and getting themselves suspended. Alongside that we've had our fair share of injuries. hence why we've had to use so many players (thirtysomething) as Blue Stan Eluded to in a previous post.
When we've been short of numbers, Mozza has put himself out their on the pitch to make up the numbers, alongside JK on the bench, yes we've been that desperate !

We got the new manager bounce when he was appointed, which tends to happen getting good results against Blyth, Stafford and Marine. One thing i tend to watch closely with football managers is their pitchside management to see what type of manager they are. Maybe that's born out of interest in the psychological aspects of management and learning, going off topic I can recommend a few good books "Bounce" by Matthew Syed and "The Chimp Paradox" by Dr Steve Peters...Put them on your Christmas stocking list :D

I was suitably impressed at the Blyth game, the touchline management was spot on, gave a rollocking when required, but massive praise and encouragement too. And although JK apparently let himself down at the end of the game, by being somewhat overzealous with the Blyth staff. What has happened to that mantra, We're only a dozen or so games in under their management. Already, as i said JK caused a bit of a stir at the end of the Blyth win, Mozz kicked a ball in frustration when Buxton equalised at the tunnel Cage accidentally hitting an academy player in the face, for which I add he did apologise at the end of the game, and on Twitter.

At one game, JK was repeatedly calling one of his own players Sam Hanna 'effing thick' , and with so many youngsters on the perimeter wall behind him. what's that all about ?

I was told that Tyler was repeatedly "dug out" by his own management against Shaw Lane, and I witnessed Lee turn around yesterday berating his own goalkeeper in front of the fans.

I don't think its any coincidence that 4 players who righty so earned contracts from last season Seb, Hinsley, Tyler and Bailey have somewhat suffered at the hands of the new management, they aren't their players are they. Yes they could argue Seb has dropped a few clangers, but how many times as he kept us in games with a one man showing, at times teams would have racked up double figures. Bailey, Luke and Tyler aren't pulling up tree's either, but is that because they don't believe the management believe in them ?Luke Hinsley was appointed club captain at the start of the season, Mozz brings in Rhys and tells Luke 40 minutes before kick off in his first match that Rhys is new club captain, is that good man management ?. I seldom do away matches, but at home we have persisted with a flat back four. Arguably their best performances last season stemmed from when we were playing a 3 at the back, Bailey was just sweeping up in the middle of JC and Ible, Tyler was terrorising defences and Hinsley was the engine and heartbeat of midfield.

I keep hearing of player unrest, players bring families, families stand with fans get to know them, and all sorts of things are said, its the way its always been. Sometimes you don't know what to believe or not to believe. I tend to try and take them with a pinch of salt nowadays unless it comes from what i call "a reliable source".

Now i know that Mozz and JK are from the school of, well if you haven't played the game, you know bugger all. I'm not an electrician but i know how to re-wire a plug, and I'm not a mechanic but i once fitted a replacement engine to Ford Cortina :D (yes, I'm that old) . A fair majority of Blue fans have been watching this level for over 30 years, we know when we see a good player, and we know when we see an egg. All Blues fans ask for is 100% effort, we aren't exactly glory hunters are we. Football is a fickle word, and whilst manager's can question peoples credentials, football has always belonged to the fans, and certainly Frickley is no different. Whether you're just a paying punter, an academy player or coach, or a board member or volunteer who go far above and beyond what they should do, the club belongs to you. Everyone of you is entitled to an opinion, as of course is the management.

Both Mozz and JK are on Twitter, they tend to be quite chipper when they win, but say bugger all when we lose. Now social media can be a great thing if used to it's potential. Giving their position at the club. Calling out fans as "keyboard warriors" after a victory, and telling them to keep quiet is at best, stupid or naïve, or maybe both and not using social media to it's potential. I've since been told, that was aimed at Goole fans, which could have been said retrospectively. Now I'm not a person to call anyone a liar, but maybe JK should have nipped it in the bud if that was that case, as when i called him out on Twitter, he deemed it more appropriate to call me out on a comment that i made about "the blues concentrating on the Sheffield cup" after the defeat at Shaw Lane. Which he has since deleted.

Do i want Lee Morris to succeed, of course i do. Why wouldn't i, he's a modern day legend. Do i think he'd have a better chance with a difference number 2, hell yes. But it's his choice, so i grin and bear it.

At the end of the day, whether you're a player, manager, coach, board member or fan, we all make mistakes. Christ, I've made loads, but i don't shy away from that. We all want the same thing, and maybe Lee has endured a bit of a rough time that he didn't expect, it's all born out of frustration. The rest of November is a big month, and will go a long way to seeing where we are as a club not just for the coaching team, but for where will be starting come next May. Obviously Lee and JK take a vested interest in this forum to gage opinions, as they wanted to shake Dingbat's handed yesterday. :lol: . And you know what, we could be all wrong and you're right of course. But of course We all need to be on the same page, we need improvement from the team and fans alike, let's put our differences to one side and see where it takes us. UTB

in the words of Dingbat "I am the Seanmarshallsshorts". and i speak the truth. :D

p.s. apologies for taking up half an hour of your life!

Last edited by seanmarshallsshorts on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:25 pm 

Now that's what I call a good read

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:14 pm 

Damn Shorts that must have been a double bottler :wink: :D