It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Buxton.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:00 pm 

Frickley obviously unlucky not to get three points. Did it turn on the sending off? Should be a confidence booster anyhow.

Post subject: Re: Buxton.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:27 pm 

The sending off did cost us dearly unfortunately.....and it was an avoidable sending off too. Macca getting involved in "silly" things once again and running in, and doing an "headbutt". He should know better. It's not the first time that he's got involved in silly things too. Other people say that Grayson should have gone too.....that maybe so. However had Macca had not got involved in the first place, then he would have stayed on the field and we would have won the game.

However, apart from that, well done to the rest of the lads today. 100% effort was there, just ran out of steam in the end really. We need to play like this every game now, starting on Wednesday against bottom of the table Corby. The type of sides we should be beating.

Keep going Frickley.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:36 pm 

If the Blues keep 11 men on the pitch, we win. Macca gave the ref no option when he put his head towards the Bucks player, which I believe was Grayson ? As bad as the ref was, at least he didn't fall for the trick of the Bucks players constantly throwing themselves to the floor when in the box, I counted at least three, but not once did he show a yellow card, then he missed the blatant stamp on Tyler's head. He didn't even blow for a foul. !

Yes we've blown a 4-1 lead, and probably should have lost the game at the death when Grayson missed a sitter. But lets look at the positives, we've taken a point against a team at the top with a very young side, before the game we'd have snatched a point. To be honest when I saw the Line up, I was worried for us. Suspensions and injuries to several players and we have a defender in Waters, and academy player Burton in the engine room. They both accquited themselves very well and can be pleased with their contribution. Tyler looked back to being old Tyler, Shiraz took his goal well and caused problems with his pace. And an old stager up top gave an absolute master class of how to play as a number 9..without doubt he's still got it !
Yes, 2 points got away. But lets no be too harsh on them, we just ran out of bodies, ran out of steam and lacked the experience to see the game out. They'll hopefully learn from this and see it out next time.

All in all, a great spectacle and pleasing to see so many academy players and parents on the blues first 'academy day'. Made it a great crowd and much better atmosphere :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:42 pm 

Knowing that we had Hinsley and Valentine suspended and several others injured I did fear for this game after the display against coalville when playing top of the table Buxton.

Given the lack of experience in many of the selected team and subs the first half was a revelation. Lee Morris on the pitch for 65 minutes the result was electrifying and four goals was stunning and deserved.

The second half with 10 men was always going to be difficult and yes the young team did run out of steam but were unlucky not to see the game out for the win.

Committment and Effort 100% from everybody. More of the same please.

PS can we play the top team every week at home: Played 2 four points gained.

Hopefully another top effort on wednesday and some away points please.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:57 pm 

Well who would have seen that coming. After Tuesday I was fearing a thrashing but the lads ran their socks off. Buxton unable to contain the Blues and until the red card it was one way traffic - don't think Sebba had a save to make until 70 minutes. Yes, Macca had to go but so did Grayson, I know it was only handbags but that's the game these days. I know its disappointing that we dropped a couple of points but I was happy with the guys giving 100% and especially the new lads who showed us what they are capable of. Well done Mozza for getting the team fired up and for leading the line today, if I were you I'd be picking myself more often. Disappointed with Buxton, expected a team leading the league to be playing good football instead of falling over all the time, maybe a yellow card would have stopped it. Well done Blues, after watching Tuesday I thought we were doomed but then I should know better!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:46 pm 

Some goals from 2day , thought Buxton yet again put in another poor performance , and Frickers fighting 4 there lives good luck rest of season , will be down Wezzy Lane in the near future :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54JqYkX ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuaYcmM ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccq6_Gz ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU7S8sO ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-xNn4d ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqHMWYV ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:46 am 

what a difference from tuesday with everyone out there willing to fight for a shirt, 8 changes with youth and inexperience in abundance, youngsters with no fear and others with a point to prove, everyone gave their all,just lacking a couple more leaders on the park, from what i heard meynell and colbear should be ousted and never get a shirt again, bailey and sam hanna were terrific for 70 minutes taking into account their ages, did we finish with 6 out of the ten men aged 19 or under too, maccas sending off did cost us the game, but brad did know which player to get riled up didnt he, mozza was terrific,the first time we have had a target man all season, credit to everyone in a blue shirt.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:08 am 

Match Highlights missing 2 goals and sending off thou sorry .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvUo6LA ... e=youtu.be