It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:17 am

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post subject: Barwell
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:41 am 

So, enlighten me. :D

Post subject: Re: Barwell
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:28 am 

Could have, should have been out of sight before the man in lime green (sorry black) made three of his many howlers which cost 3 goals. A penalty for hands when Frickley player could not get out of the way of a Seb save. A foul not given for a Barwell player on a back like Lester Piggot, then gives a foul when a player goes down when no-one near him. He does not give us a penalty when a player trips Brad then drops on the ball with both hands for a touch down. Then to top it all we miss a penalty given. Start of second half Frickley are ready to kick off, ref. is ready for kick off, net have been inspected, but no sign of Barwell? Just a few things Dove.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:08 am 

Tough defeat for the lads to take quite an open and at times scrappy game really and the poorest Barwell team I've seen in 5 seasons.

First 20 mins we started as well as I'm any game this season and the pace and movement in the final third caused all sorts of problems and with better decisions and more composure we could and should have been at least 3 up really good finish for the goal from Noel delicious chip, Barwell all over and massive gaps that we kept exploting just didn't take advantage enough

then from the first real attack they had the ref gives a ridiculous penalty no way the lad can get his hand out the way and if it was delibrate he should be playing in the NBA they stick the pen away and it knocked the proverbial stuffing out of us, got to say after that we struggled to half time and conceded 2 poor goals, granted we should have had a free kick before the move that led to the 2nd but it was 50 yards up the pitch and a lots happend in between that and the goal we look so vulnerable at times to any runs/movement in behind Stohrer apart there is no mobility in the back 4 whatsoever far too easy for them to run/play though us and square across for a tap in, then more poor play for the 3rd again granted ref gives them a soft free kick out wide but it was poor GKing and non-exisistant marking that cost us the goal, lucky may be not to go in further behind as well as we went to pot to be fair towards end of half

2nd half showed great spirit to take the game to barwell although it changed the game when Morris brought Nath Curtis on went 3 at back and pushed 3 and at times 4 right up against there back 4 got a good goal back from a set piece and should have had a point with the missed penalty, maybe if that went in we go onto win the game even as they were rocking at that point, Barwell used every trick in the book to run the clock down and ref just got the micky took out of him

Overall deserved a point in all honesty yes some big decisions went against us at times the ref was really poor all afternoon it was clear he was really struggling at times, but and this might be harsh your not going to win games defending like we did for the 2nd and 3rd and missing the chances (pen included) that we did, the positives are we look a threat and we always keep fighting to the end,

negatives for me we need a mobile centre half to play with Meynall (if your going to pick him) and up top although the 3 behind Noel worked hard and caused problems we need more composure or someone with a bit more quality either wide or in the so called number 10 position if we are to win enough games for me, hopefully we can get Tyler back in and get some end product from him maybe even Dock anyway on we go come on blues

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:22 pm 

Referee was obviously out of his depth, gave us nothing until the last 10 minutes then tried to balance it out with a couple of decisions for us - too late, a clear case of over-promotion. Having said that he wasn't totally to blame for the defeat, Barwell were poor and as said we should have been 3 up at least before they scored. Poor defending at times lack of mobility in defence. After Luke went off it became route 1 football from keeper to striker. Unlucky with the pen from Noel but great goal he scored. Not all doom and gloom, there were some good performances and the effort was there. Might get a bit of confidence back after Tuesday. Still confident we can beat the drop.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:57 pm 

well we set off the first 15 mins playing some good football on the floor,then the stohrer booking seemed to knock the stuffing out of us,howler of a decision for their pen, but their second goal was a well worked goal with short passing and movement (surprised nobody has given them credit for it) and the 3rd came out of the blue with seb going for a ball well over him and gave the lad an easier target to hit, 2nd half there was only one team looked like scoring, they looked like a boxer on the ropes by the end,their skipper looked a fine player and not just with 3 goals from midfield, the boy could play a bit too, fair play to mozza with being new to management, he is not afraid to change the formation to chase the game, years gone by it was to send the big centre half upfront and lump it long and high, an encouraging performance and not too much to get downhearted about,at least we looked more of a team than those in black, the liner at our side was laughing at some of the refs decisions and shaking his head. honourable mentions for meynell, stohrer, ofusu, but motm for me, and he gets better every game, shirley valentine(the new groome)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:37 pm 

It's far,far easier for even a limited ability player to fully express themselves on a football pitch without any fear of consequence of mistake.A foul is what it is a foul.You would expect referees to give them to both teams and to the correct team.That man was right up there with the best of cheats and I felt embarrassed for the 2 lino's to have to be involved with the idiot. :oops: AgreedShirley was immense and not disheartened with performance.Next 2 league games of high interest position wise,hopefully 6 points too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:13 pm 

Anyone know the name of the referee?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:36 pm 

Hi FT - it was Elliott Herward. Poor kid looked way out of his depth. In the end it looked as though he was deliberately giving incorrect decisions to make up for the howlers earlier in the game. The 2 liners were doing their best to run the game for him cos it had got away from him quite early doors

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:07 pm 

Cheers mini, I don't think I have had the pleasure of seeing him referee yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:10 pm 

believe me FT it isnt a pleasure, will leave you wondering which sport your watching.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:57 pm 

It's a good job our goalie coach wasn't there then else he might have found himself sat in the stand at some point :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:19 am 

Mr Sitter, I hear that Mr Hood is much calmer now as he is into meditation....or is it medication?

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY