It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:35 pm

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post subject: Marine
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:59 pm 

A very solid performance, with the 3pts fully deserved I thought. We created a lot of chances in game and I thought the 2-0 scoreline flatted Marine. Well done to the boys and Mozza today, let's hope this can carry on and we continue to climb the table, now that we're out of the drop zone.

10pts from our last 12..... who saw that coming? :lol: :wink:

Well done Frickley.

Up the Blues.

Post subject: Re: Marine
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:10 pm 

Can't add much to that,did you put the lottery on today dove,if so can I have the numbers :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:14 pm 

Just heard Chelsea have put in 7 days to talk to Mozza

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:16 pm 

A solid team performance. Could easily have been 3 or 4 nil.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:16 pm 

Cruised to 3 points without getting into top gear today, we used the wind to our advantage first half in a game poor on real quality, but we nicked a goal and probably should have had more. Played well second half, especially after we went 2 up, we started to put some nice moves together.
In short, we look to have a great team spirit, look solid at the back and look a threat going forward, a good recipe for any team. Onwards n upwards.

P.s. Dove, your 10 points from 12 wasn't a prediction as such, but more of a demand or we would be relegated, can you demand we go unbeaten in October please :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:56 pm 

Well deserved victory today better team for 90 mins, good all round team performance all 11 + subs played there part, solid in defence, bite in midfield, front 4 very mobile and lively, played some good stuff at times one great move in particular 2nd half, well done blues let's keep the momentum going to tues

Also the machine is back enough said and did anyone see my acrobatic volley out of the ground end of first half it was quality!!!!

The cynic in me must temper the above with my opinion that Marine were awful however, but if we keep showing the same spirit and keep improving hopefully we will be ok come on blues!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:01 pm 

Good call Dove, how about a prediction for the next 4 games.Solid performance from the guys today. Deserved 3 points, pretty football not always there today because of the wind but the fight was there 100%. Well done all. Have seen some physical Marine sides over the years but fair, so was disappointed with the stamp on Rhys - how all 3 officials missed it is beyond me. Marine are better than that!. Well done Blues and well done Mozza.

Last edited by bluebeard on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:01 pm 

Good call Dove, how about a prediction for the next 4 games.Solid performance from the guys today. Deserved 3 points, pretty football not always there today because of the wind but the fight was there 100%. Well done all. Have seen some physical Marine sides over the years but fair, so was disappointed with the stamp on Rhys - how all 3 officials missed it is beyond me. Marine are better than that!. Well done Blues and well done Mozza.

Last edited by bluebeard on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:04 pm 

Agree Dingbat, worst Marine side for a long time but you can only beat whats in front of you and that's what the boys did.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:58 am 

Dingbat wrote:

Also the machine is back enough said and did anyone see my acrobatic volley out of the ground end of first half it was quality!!!

yeah, and you tried to convince us you played footy once upon a time.........really ?? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:00 am 

well another 3 points deserved today. marine were poor and to be quite honest i expected an harder game from them. not complaining, the easier the points the better.
great header from luke, worthy to win any game. well done boys :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:23 am 

a good solid performance throughout the team, we looked dangerous when going forward and seemed to have goals in us waiting to come out, best the defence has looked all season, meynell was motm for me, but not much to choose between them all,with everyone pulling their weight, marine did look poor and apart from the number 11 didnt offer much, mr dove has got his wish, just glad hes not doing the prediction league or it would be a foregone conclusion.