It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:12 pm

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Post subject: Blyth.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:12 pm 

Excellent result Frickley, well done. I wasn't at the game, so I'll leave it to the rest of you to talk about the performance. But what another massive 3pts this is. Credit to the boys and Lee Morris for this. And we're still on track for the 10 out of 12pts target. :wink:

Well done again Frickley. :D

Last edited by RIP Rory Dove on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Blyth.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:26 pm 

League Leaders come to Frickley and lose! If you had said that two weeks ago I would have thought It was a dream.

A very changed Frickley team (two debuts tonight) with all players playing there part in a determined display. Blyth made plenty of changes and were either wasteful in front of goal or came up against Seb who was equal to anything tonight and fully deserved a clean sheet. Hopefully the first of many to come.

Plenty of pluses and the future again is looking optimistic for the blues. Once again Frickley score late 86 mins this time and well worth the mouthful of grass for Rhys Meynell to score a goal that sent Westfield lane wild.

Nervous last few minutes and another fabulous save from Seb and we had won.

The defence is looking much better and the front line was lively all night.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:47 am 

A great result. The tide turning. Well done Blues. Wish I could have been there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:50 am 

Awesome all over the pitch.Fully deserved against a good Blyth team.Stone wall penalty when keeper tripped Luke,but it didn't matter in the end.For me the ref wasn't a bad one but didn't want us to get anything from the game.A bad week for Blyth,but a great one for us.Well done boys,Mozza must be beaming.Can't wait for saturdayand hopefully another full unit display. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:40 am 

Blyth must be wondering how they didn't win that. We were chasing shadows a lot of the game and some great defending kept Blyth out, together with an awesome masterclass in goalkeeping from Sebba. Everybody in a blue shirt was up for this - well done Mozza. New number 9 is a classy player. We've beaten the best now bring on the rest. Hope Blyth will go up, they play good football but last night was our night.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:05 am 

another big result last night, another determined performance, yeah we rude our luck at times and Sebba made 2 unbelievable saves in the 2nd half amongst a number during the game, they also missed an absolute sitter following the 2nd great save and were wasteful on numerous occasions although Blyth not as impressive as last couple of seasons they will be frustrated to not take anything from the game.

However am sure 1st thing Lee Morris wanted was to start been harder to beat and more solid, stay in games and start nicking points.Which is the story of the last 3 games really, the football hasn't been great but the effort and and determination has been tremendous, the lads have given everything, hung on in there at times and most importantly showed great belief and spirit to keep going till the end and nick the points late on. When a new manager comes in he cant wave a magic wand and turn things round instantly and in that respect the performances in the last week have been exactly whats been needed, hopefully we can take the confidence and momentum we have gained and keep it building and keep improving. As one note of caution we cant let the last 2/3 results mask that we probably in harsh reality still need a little bit more quality in the team to survive, but take nothing away from the lads this last week

few points on last night, Storer great again really impressed so far, the new lad from Scunny held the ball up better than anyone has all season, looked quick and mobile encouraging start for him, runs like a young Jimmy G :) Valentine looks a different player from a month ago, MOTM got to be Sebba though the 2 saves 2nd half worth the 3pts on there own. The Ref/officials poor again, no consistency with the bookings or even the decisions he gave for simple fouls, and bottled the penalty 2nd half which was 100% a penalty no doubt, keeper sliding out of control cleaned the man out before the ball, but all 11 and 3 subs deserve massive credit for the shift they put in, onto to Saturday now another massive game, same effort required come on blues

also got to say always love to beat Blyth, they portray an image of good football and warm north east people however in reality when the mask slips they are an horrible bunch as showed by there reactions at the end fair enough JK was been a bit of cheeky chappy winding there manager up :D but it didn't taker much for them to throw teddy out of cot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:08 am 

Nice to see Karl at lane last night too ,wish him well

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:39 am 

excellent performance and an unexpected excellent result, blyth looked a good side but we didnt let them get into any rhythm all night,battled well and we were up for it, with 4 full debutants and 3 players with 8 games in a blue shirt between them i feared the worst at kick off time, but boy did they put a stint in, the lad from scunny has a lot of reece thompson about him, and is very wise for an 18 year old, shirley valentine is finding his feet now with another solid display, and sebba, well we could have lost that 4 or 5 nil without him, for all the shots at goal they had, they either didnt have their finishing boots on or couldnt get past the pole in the goal.
lets not get carried away with 7 pts from our last 3 games there is still a lot of work to be done, and as mentioned before a bit of quality is needed in the side, but the fighting spirit shown is very pleasing. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:06 am 

I only managed to see the 2nd half, but was told that the first half was quite similar to the second, with Blyth having loads of possession and the Blues being resolute in defence.

Got to say the young lad up front looks a player, but young players tend to be inconsistent so lets see where he is in a month, hopefully we are all still purring about him. Sebba sublime in goal again, Meynall was a rock in defence alongside Hanna. Macca got his deserved starting berth for recent performances from the bench. But the lad who stood out for me and has done the last few games with just his genuine athleticism and enthusiasm in getting the lads up for it around him with talking, high fives and fist pumps etc. is Valentine. Don't get me wrong, he can play a bit as well, as he proved on Saturday with his pass to set up the second goal. But last night he was an absolute warrior all over the pitch, the amount of ground him and Hinsley covered last night without the ball was terrific.

Several minutes before we scored, Our defence pump a long ball forward to the young lad up front to hold up, and Valentine is making a 60 yard spring into the box to support him. Tremendous ethos and team spirit.

Well done Mozzer & the coaching team for instilling that, more of the same please.. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:51 pm 

Yep, not much more to add really. Sebba put on a one man show & Vallo was the pick of the outfield players. We're not the finished product but improvements are being made throughout the team. Mention to Macca
who probably felt threatened when Stohrer signed, so what does he do - he rolls his sleeves up, plays midfield, plays left back, scores 2, sets 1 up. Can't ask for much more.

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:45 pm 

brilliant performance from the blues last night but how poor a loser were blyth win or lose we always stay and have a drink after games we don't just sulk and go home like blyth did and by the way tom wade how on earth did you think the boys would react after the run of games we've just had and why try to be the hard man you're pathetic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:59 pm 

Look at the damage that a defeat to Frickley can do for you managerial career.....http://www.blythspartans.com/alun-armst ... s-manager/

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:42 am 

Mini Maureenio wrote:
Look at the damage that a defeat to Frickley can do for you managerial career.....http://www.blythspartans.com/alun-armst ... s-manager/

strange one that, both him going and the choice of replacement and the fact they claim to be the worlds most famous non league club just done a survey at work and out of 20 people only 6 had heard of them :) also whilst all 20 had heard of Jimmy G only 8 had heard of Jon Hood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:58 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
Mini Maureenio wrote:

strange one that, both him going and the choice of replacement and the fact they claim to be the worlds most famous non league club just done a survey at work and out of 20 people only 6 had heard of them :) also whilst all 20 had heard of Jimmy G only 8 had heard of Jon Hood

do you work with members of hoodys family then dingers. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:37 pm 

blue stan wrote:
Dingbat wrote:
Mini Maureenio wrote:

do you work with members of hoodys family then dingers. :wink:

No I was surprised but seems he is more famous than Blyth Spartans in barnsley obviously Me Ghaichem is a household name as expeted