It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stafford Rangers home.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:53 pm 

At last, we have done it, our first win of the season. Again well done boys for not giving in, when it looked like we were down and out again.

In all honesty, it was not our best performance, but who cares? It was all about the result and we got it. Maybe that was what we needed, a bit of luck. A bit like the last minute goal we got against Workington too.

A lot of work still needs to be done, but we are starting our quick revival, one that we desperately needed too. But we keep going, and I would think Mozza is still wanting to bring more players in too.

However, we are in a lot better of a position then the end of last Saturday, one that I didn't think we would be in. And our 10 out of 12pts target is still on. Roll on Blyth next Tuesday.

Keep going Frickley. :D

Post subject: Re: Stafford Rangers home.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:09 pm 

As you say Dove it was all about the 3 points. Thought Cameron had a fine game on the right and rewarded with a goal, a few of the players had good games as well but we weren't firing on all cylinders today. Stafford are a big side and the Blues struggled to dominate. Must admit before we scored I was wondering where a goal would come from, the we scored two, great move for the second. Hopefully the Blues can gain confidence from this. Not saying all our problems are over, Mozzer will know whats required, but 3 great points today regardless how we got them.
By the way, whats happened to Tyler.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:22 pm 

bluebeard wrote:
As you say Dove it was all about the 3 points. Thought Cameron had a fine game on the right and rewarded with a goal, a few of the players had good games as well but we weren't firing on all cylinders today. Stafford are a big side and the Blues struggled to dominate. Must admit before we scored I was wondering where a goal would come from, the we scored two, great move for the second. Hopefully the Blues can gain confidence from this. Not saying all our problems are over, Mozzer will know whats required, but 3 great points today regardless how we got them.
By the way, whats happened to Tyler.

Tyler has broken his toe..... he was at the ground today and he also put money in the bucket too. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:13 pm 

a scrappy win, but a win is a win, nevertheless, it was important that we got something, and that we did, very happy with 3 points with a performance that did not warrant it, but the boys showed tremendous spirit to hang in there, quite a few having below par games, thought our best was nathan valentine, got knocked about first half but came out in the second thinking he was hulk hogan, shirked nothing and gave some out, supersub coming on again and changing the game, when was the last time a sub of ours had such an impact on the game,still reckon we need a striker if we are going to play one up top as curtis doesnt do it playing one up top, 2 maybe 3 of those still look out of their depth at this level, but we have out first win, so let the season start from here.
onwards and upwards, roll on tuesday now. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:26 pm 

No mention for Mozza yet.4 points from last 2 games.It wasn't pretty today,but we got the job done.Well done boys and our youthful manager,sometimes you have to win ugly.Off the bottom and hopefully on tobetter things :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:21 am 

That was badly needed. Well done Lee Morris, keep it up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:00 am 

Huge win against a huge side !. Not a match for the purists, but the 3 points secured were always going to be more important than the display. After a somewhat lacklustre first half from both sides, I couldn't really see us scoring.

But the introduction of the 'ginger Iniesta' Appeared to swing the game in favour of the Blues. A somewhat innocuous floating ball into the box from a free kick causing confusion in the home ranks. Then a pinpoint cross from Macca to Rigby after finding himself in space after a sublime pass from Valentine. He's going to give Mozzer food for thought now with his displays from the bench this week, which is what you want as a manager.

Gaz Stoher was a revelation at right back again, Blues are hugely in debt to the Pole in the goal. Seb was huge, in fine fettle and made some remarkable saves to keep Rangers at bay, especially the one at the death.

looking up at the stands we still have Waters, Williams and Sam Ackeroyd to come back in the fold, I believe it was Gascoigne last game before heading back to Harrogate so there's a spot up from grabs and a bit of competition with rumours of more players to come in, Mangham looked handy in his fleeting appearance and didn't looked fazed at all, and with rumours that young Brad Doc could be back in the fold soon in training with the lads and giving himself an opportunity things are all of a sudden starting to look a little bit more Rosey (pardon the pun) :D

UTB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:12 am 

Blade1 wrote:
look a little bit more Rosey

You nightmare SMS - I was going to have that in my match report but you but paid to that. I've already nicked Ginger Iniesta (but you've got a credit for it!)

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:22 am 

Oops.. :lol: