It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Workington, Home.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:22 am 

Right, we've had a moan.

Let's get behind Lee and the boys tonight. I still maintain that we need 10pts from these next 4 home games. But that will not stop me from cheering and willing the boys on tonight. Our season starts now and let's hope tonight we are talking about our first win.

Good luck lee and the boys.

Come on Frickley.

Post subject: Re: Workington, Home.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:53 am 

Agree 100% dove, get down to the lane and get behind the new manager and the lads tonight,

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:10 pm 

I'd be happy with 4 points from the next 4 games, start with little acorns then move on from there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:34 pm 

Well thank goodness for that. Our first point after 8 games, and it was sure an eventful one.

First half, was quite possibly the best we have played all season and we were really in control.

Second half, started off well again and what happens? The sending off. That was obviously the turning point for us and Workington got themselves back in the game, and once again we went back into our own ways and looked poor once more. After Workington went into the lead at 2-1, you was thinking another loss was on the cards. But fair to the lads for not giving in and getting the goal right at the end.

Just need to win our next 3 games now, to meet our 10 out of 12pts target. :wink:

Well done Frickley and let's kick on this Saturday :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:10 am 

Showed some fight. Really needed to get a result and they did. It is a start. Really must stop getting men sent off somehow.
Congratulations on the point Blues. Wish I could have been there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:33 am 

The Blues were really fired up for that one, every Blues player on the pitch giving 100%, can't ask for any more. As mentioned, silly red card cost us, there was no need to make the tackle and Bailey had looked invincible till then. After that it was just a case of hanging on. Not sure how the second goal got past the wall. Credit to the lads battling until the end and got just rewards - a moral victory against 11. More optimistic now after seeing that last night and convinced we can escape the drop with performances like that - provided we can keep a full team on the pitch.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:29 am 

Great point in the circumstances and to be honest one i would have taken before the game and as others have said its a start, feel Saturday is a must win now and the late goal sets us up nicely now

Thought the performance was a lot better on the whole we looked a far more competitive than recent weeks, players been more disciplined sticking to there jobs, confidence looked to be a lot higher too, we actually had/looked a threat (esp in 1st half) and the MAIN THING we didn't give up after going 2-1 down, we stayed in it, kept believing one more chance would come, it did and hopefully that will be a turning point in the season, fair play to Mozza and JK for getting some belief into the players

its still going to be tough, i still feel we need a little bit more but rumour is more players to arrive this week, we certainly need a centre forward am not convinced at all by Curtis we were crying out for him to hold the ball up 2nd half but despite his effort it just didn't stick the lad certainly has potential but we are crying out for someone to lead the line

The lack of pace at the back is also a concern esp when your going to press higher up the pitch and to me Meynall doesn't look fit enough i like his calmness his organisation i was disappointed when it didn't work out in the summer as he is an experienced campaigner that we need but he needs a few pound off to be more mobile/effective in my opinion,

I think the silly free kicks and sending offs (although in this instance i thought the 2nd yellow was harsh) are a result of confidence/tiredness/mental/ belief been effected by the current struggles if we can win a game or too and start competing then hopefully that goes away.

The main thing is to cut out the silly errors, as they will spoil a performance good or bad, the error that led to the first goal was a shocker, why Grant is having a touch in his own box beggars belief, he actually had a good game that apart.

also a mention to Valentine who i gave a bit of stick too on here other week thought he had his best game in a blue shirt, actually willing to get stuck in and compete for ball

New right back looked decent liked the look of him

Hinsley best game so far, far more disciplined not going flying off all over the place, in parts looked like he was getting back to his best, its key for us to rescue anything out of the season that we get the best out of luke

to repeat hopefully the result/performance gives us some confidence now, got to be looking to take points from Stafford and Marine at the very least, if we do the other teams are not a million miles off, Sutton and Corby are only a couple of points away, if we can beat Stafford we can go within 3 of them, that the first job stay in touch and start catching people, really we need 6 points from the next 3 games in my opinion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:51 am 

Some promising signs last night, great work ethic from the players. The right back looks a great addition and the attitude from the bench was spot on too, loads of encouragement for the players with the odd rollicking thrown in too when things weren't quite right.

As others have said, we really to need keep 11 men on the pitch, Bailey cant have any complaints on his first yellow card, I didn't see the second. I'm sure he will be disappointed in himself, he's still young and he will know he needs to improve his decision making, and not being so rash in his challenges. With a few suspensions coming up for centre halves, it's a good job we have another one winging his way to us apparently.

Well done to all for grabbing a point at the death, which I missed as I left scurrying to the car at 2-1.. :D

hopefully we will have another striker into the club soon, as Curtis needs a partner in my opinion if he's to fulfil his potential. I imagine the jury is still out on him for many.

P.s. I conducted my own little poll last night on the "green" away shirt, and it appears that everyone thinks its an abomination and not just me, but hey I'm not one to make a big thing out of such a small issue. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:33 am 

You didn't ask me SMS - as I vote Green I think the green shirt is a great idea

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:52 am 

Mini Maureenio wrote:

You were sat on the fence Dear sir :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:54 am 

Echo most of what's been said already - great spirit in the team (felt like the back end of last season when no-one could keep us down), defence looked settled & they all knew their jobs (apart from the 15 minute wobble after the silly red), midfield won everything first half & attack looked threatening (especially Guesty who looked a different player). Nate Curtis needs a bully alongside him to help him develop, but he had a much better game than of recent. Stohrer looks a good player. Valentine had his best game for us. Granty was spot on (apart from the goal). Liked the look of young Palmer too for the bit of time that he was on the pitch - showed a good calm head to feed the ball to Macca instead of panicking in front of goal so near the end.

Good display from the management too - encouraging most of the time, verbal kicks up the backside when needed. Liked the huddle at the end of the game - nice touch from Mozzer.

One swallow doesn't make a Spring - but it's much better than no swallows at all!

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:56 am 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
Mini Maureenio wrote:

You were sat on the fence Dear sir :D

That was the Webmaster not me

PS had a message from Gaz Stohrer - thanked us for our support, said it was excellent & kept the lads going - so let's all do it again on Saturday

UTB!

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:31 pm 

My first visit this season maybe I went to the wrong ground the team I watched was certain for relegation if the performance was much improved I hate to think what it must have been like in games priory to last night the only hope is that lee morris and co can attract an better class of striker someone who can win the ball in the air and hold the ball up maybe even danny south.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:15 pm 

DUFFYLUFFY wrote:
My first visit this season maybe I went to the wrong ground the team I watched was certain for relegation if the performance was much improved I hate to think what it must have been like in games priory to last night the only hope is that lee morris and co can attract an better class of striker someone who can win the ball in the air and hold the ball up maybe even danny south.

Lucky you then that you didn't see the previous games !.

no point in Southy, he will have forgotten how to hold a ball up, he's been playing centre back for the last 12months, and quite successfully as Captain at Ossett Albion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:55 pm 

DUFFYLUFFY wrote:

I take it you'll be our next ref on Saturday then :evil: