It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hednesford
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:11 pm 

Our third 4-0 loss in a row. No points from our first 7 games and 7pts from the safety zone.

I really wish we could reset the season, like you can on championship manager. But hey oh. :D

Post subject: Re: Hednesford
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:40 pm 

Frickley lost 4 nil, is the new 1 nil to the Arsenal :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:58 pm 

Was rather hoping for the "new manager bounce" but seems not to be, once again the seasons over by September, still I suppose we have memories of last season. Can't believe its just back luck we had a guy sent off again.
Come on Blues - lets have a miracle.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:18 pm 

4 home games in a row now. I say we need a minimum of 10 pts from these, in order to give ourselves a chance. People may think it's too early to post these sort of "Doom and Gloom" posts, but you can think what you want, because the position we are in now, suggests we do need a miracle to avoid the trap door this season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:33 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
4 home games in a row now. I say we need a minimum of 10 pts from these, in order to give ourselves a chance. People may think it's too early to post these sort of "Doom and Gloom" posts, but you can think what you want, because the position we are in now, suggests we do need a miracle to avoid the trap door this season.

I agree, but I would say at least 2 wins or it's game over already sadly hopefully Morris can get a few more lads in and improve the side I still think 2 or 3 better players and we will be ok hopefully the board allow him to bring these lads in cos if not where not going to have enough to even attempt to survive it's a big week or so for the club

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:55 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:

How do you work out a conundrum of needing 10 points out of the next 12 to give a chance of staying up, even after those 5 games there's over a 100 points available . Yes, it's dire but lets keep some perspective of the season ahead..think of the glory when we survive because no teams are relegated and everyone is reprieved due to...oh I don't know, climate change ! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:02 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
RIP Rory Dove wrote:

How do you work out a conundrum of needing 10 points out of the next 12 to give a chance of staying up, even after those 5 games there's over a 100 points available . Yes, it's dire but lets keep some perspective of the season ahead..think of the glory when we survive because no teams are relegated and everyone is reprieved due to...oh I don't know, climate change ! :D

Before I response to this, what did you get in Maths GCSE?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:09 pm 

Knew you'd fall for it :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:12 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:

I am thinking on the realistical terms of, what we need to get to give us half a chance. We are already 7pts adrift already. If we don't pick up a good amount of points, how many more are we going to be away? The further away we get, the more worrying it will be and the harder the task it will be for Morris to bring in better players. So when should we start worrying about the drop, if we don't pick up the points soon?

By hey, I'm just a fan, what do I know? :D

And reprieved due to Climate change? We'll get a reprieve because of Brexit, or can we use Brexit has an excuse when we do go down? To be fair, the Remain campaign did warn me about this if I voted Leave, but bugger them. :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:13 pm 

Knew you'd fall for it :lol:

Yeah right :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:25 pm 

When we win 4-0 Tuesday you'll be thanking me :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:23 am 

in the words of the chuckle brothers, oh dear,
oh dear oh dear,
we do need some results and fast, or the crowds will go down, they have not been good for the 3 games we have had at home, plus no income from the fa cup, or the next thing to hit us could be financial cuts.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:26 pm 

Just seen the highlights. I honestly couldn't see how and why the referee gave the first penalty, the ref got the 2nd one right, but perhaps dropped another clanger by sending off the lad Waters with what looked to be a straight red ?.Although he was last man, he made a genuine attempt at the ball so a penalty, yellow card would suffice.
To my knowledge I thought The 'double jeopardy' rule was changed pre season for keepers/defenders ?
Hednesford look to move the ball around well though on the highlights and obviously looked good for their win.

Last edited by seanmarshallsshorts on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:58 pm 

Just seen the highlights. I honestly couldn't see how and why the referee gave the first penalty, the ref got the 2nd one right, but perhaps dropped another clanger by sending off the lad Waters. Although he was last man, he made a genuine attempt at the ball so a penalty, yellow card would suffice.
To my knowledge I thought The 'double jeopardy' rule was changed pre season for keepers/defenders ?
Hednesford look to move the ball around well though on the highlights and obviously looked good for their win.

Just watched myself..... I get it now, it's ever since we've starting playing in "green" this season, that we've started being poor again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:00 pm 

Whoever chose that green kit, needs to give their head a good wobble...it's rank