It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Senior Cup
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:23 pm 

Away to Worksop
http://www.sheffieldfa.com/cups/2016-20 ... #1st-round
(note the slight irony in the missing team who have been given a bye - which I'm sure was drawn fair and sqaure! :lol: )

Post subject: Re: Senior Cup
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:22 am 

After what Shaw Lane did to you in the senior cup last season to give them a bye into the next round is nothing short of scandalous.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:12 am 

To let them into the cup at all is scandalous, to give them a bye suggests Sepp Blatter might be involved

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:30 pm 

Outrageous fortune!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:08 pm 

I can confirm the draw was done 100% fairly using the new '2 bag' system. Once the main draw had been made, the ball left in the 'Shaw Lane' bag was indeed Shaw Lane so they got the bye.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:51 pm 

I hope anyone who booked a midweek break in Worksop chose a refundable one!?
http://www.sheffieldfa.com/news/2016/sep/shcfa-saturday-cup-re-draws

Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA wishes to announce that due to errors made in the First Round draws of all three of our Saturday team cup competitions – which have had a “knock-on” effect on each of the competitions – the first rounds of the following competitions have been re-drawn

- Senior Challenge Cup
- Association Challenge Cup
- Junior Challenge Cup
Following the original draws in each competition, it was realised that a number of teams had been inadvertently entered in to the wrong Saturday team competitions for the 2016-2017 season
In turn, because the errors made affected the actual number of teams participating in each competition, it was necessary – for the fairness of all competing clubs – for a re-draw of the three competitions to be made
Chairman of the Cups Committee Stuart Topham said: “After due consideration of all the facts, we believe that a re-draw of all three competitions is the fairest way to deal with this situation. Fortunately none of the fixtures in any of the competitions from the original draw have taken place. We must sincerely apologise to all clubs, for any inconvenience the re draw may cause but confirm that all competitions have now been properly drawn.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:26 am 

What a joke cant even put teams in the right competition and then don't even notice until 3 days later :) the sheffield FA really are a joke

If I was club I would look into joining west riding fa instead can't be any worse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:09 am 

Dingbat wrote:
What a joke cant even put teams in the right competition and then don't even notice until 3 days later :)

I don't think the statement suggests they noticed the errors of their own accord, mind :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:02 pm 

You've got Denaby Main at home.

We now have Sheffield FC at home.

Here's the full draw: http://www.sheffieldfa.com/cups/2016-2017/senior-challenge-cup-in-assn-with-bluefin/fixtures#1st-round

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:25 pm 

Sheffield FA are absolute tinpot..I did notice in Twitter that kirkby colliery an others were questioning why they were in 2 competitions after the original draw.

Denaby main at home..Blue Stan can't lose :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:32 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
Sheffield FA are absolute tinpot..I did notice in Twitter that kirkby colliery an others were questioning why they were in 2 competitions after the original draw.

How embarrasing is that teams put in comp that where never supposed to be in :) there isn't even a bye now so surely that was a give away first time round

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:48 pm 

wrong denaby side sms, it was denaby united,who reformed about 4 seasons ago and are in the county senior league, but there has been too much water gone under the bridge since 2002, denaby main are based in the miners welfare club, who was the instigator in closing the old united side down.
so i hope we get 20. :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:03 pm 

blue stan wrote:

wrong denaby side sms, it was denaby united,who reformed about 4 seasons ago and are in the county senior league, but there has been too much water gone under the bridge since 2002, denaby main are based in the miners welfare club, who was the instigator in closing the old united side down.

Oops :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:44 pm 

blue stan wrote:

I saw United play the other day - Steve Ellor bagged a hat-trick + is a class finisher still - could certainly play at least in the NCEL if he wanted to.
Also seen Main play a couple of times recently - no disrespect to them but Frickley should be far too strong.
(That's assuming there isn't a third draw) :o

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:37 pm 

steve ellor was just a young lad back in 2002 in denabys last season, some 14 tears ago, not many left playing now that can name denaby utd amongst their previous clubs, mark reed (ex buxton) at glossop springs to mind,matt duke was still knocking about somewhere last season, and lee thompson at parramore last season, rob branagan was banned at maltby 2 seasons ago, not sure whether his ban ends in a couple of months or another year on top of that, but probably call it a day.
better give over now, im getting nostalgic, :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and someone will point out that this is a frickley forum. :roll: