It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Lee Morris- New manager
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:52 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
I wonder if Dingbat got a phone call? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes but not from Lee Morris, listen I ain't nothing against the lad personally but my football opinion (shared my many others) is he isn't good enough to keep us up, and also like many others have been wound up by the actions of his assistant, at the games I get behind the team after i post my opinion good or bad like many others,

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:20 pm 

I've not had one either :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:52 pm 

Mr Sitter wrote:
I've not had one either :oops: :oops: :oops:

That's because, you would have reversed the phone charge :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:30 pm 

Well today am hearing all sorts of stuff flying about some from reliable sources other bits that am taking with a pinch of salt but I would like to state the following

1. I have not posted anything on this board of a personal nature about the manager or any of his family, every post is there to read; I have also read every post on this forum and as far as I can see no one else has posted anything personal either
2. I am not on Twitter or Facebook so I can't comment on anything on there neither have I posted anything at all never mind about the manager in there as I am not a member of either I have commented on here about things alledgedly said on there and arguments that have gone on etc which others have shown me evidence of
3. Anything on here I have said is my own opinion posted as a fan of Frickley Athletic FC and as a 31 year old man my relationship with Karl Rose has nothing to do with anything I have said on here
4. I am not the only fan to post critiism on here of the management team
5. if you look at my previous posts a great majority of other members of this forum agree in whole or part with the majority of the points/comments/opinions etc i have made/posted therefore my opinion is hardley extreme or vastly different from that of others,
6. As per 5 therefore I am hardly a lone wolf simply just criticising the manager i have made observations on performances, recruitment etc etc as have many others
7. again as per 5 most of my points have been justified in my opinion and in the opinion of a fair few others,
8. I have posted after games and at times in general about the situation, I have simply given my views on the situation I have not created it and neither has any member of this forum of any supporter of Frickley
9. I strongly suggest anyone suggesting any of the stuff I have heard today reads this board where every post is publically available
10. I apologised for saying the board don't care they do, but I standby everything else I have said
11. I have no problem with Lee Morris or any member of his family I have never spoken to him, his dad asked me who I was Saturday and that was it nothing else was said, again any opinions posted on here are my football opinion agree it disagree take it or leave it
12. Why doesn't the managementl like what I have to say? Cos the truth hurts,4 people at the game Saturday shook me by the hand and said my opinion and views was spot on .
13. I am not the devil I am not Stalin or Hitler i am a football fan maybe I am more vocal than others but I will happily admit to falling in love with this football club over the past 4 or 5 years it has helped me rediscover my passion for the game after a though time personally and that's why the current situation upsets me

To conclude you would think people in certain positions who alledgedly don't read this forum(?) would have much more important things to do with there time than worry about opinions on here such as researching ilkeston's last few away games and working on a game plan for Saturday, at 3 o'clock Saturday I will be behind the team and after win,lose, draw, good or bad I will have my say. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:45 pm 

15 games in charge, 3 home wins and 2 draws, 3 away wins.... from a team with 0 points before that, who many seemed to think already had little or no chance of survival.
And it's not like he's had a full squad of players to choose from most of the time, or been able to keep most loanees who've done well beyond an initial few games in general. Not sure what kind of results people were expecting from someone fairly new to management?
Attitudes and future predictions we're all entitled to our own opinions, but I don't see how people can be disappointed with where he's got us in the league table from when he took over compared to now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:54 pm 

Agreed, we were dead and buried before he came. Ok, we're not setting the league alight but at least we are now out of the bottom 4, a fifth from bottom finish is a position we've been delighted with the last few seasons (apart from last season). Don't agree with his handling of some of the players but at least we are getting SOME points. 3 at the weekend would be priceless.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:43 pm 

It's 17 games but to be fair the points per game isn't the worst but on the whole the football has been crap and performances dire, its all opinions and time will tell, and we are only out of the bottom 4 cos teams below have played less games, we are going backwards and sinking believe me and results over the next month or so will confirm it, but we will see who is right

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:47 pm 

Old school wrote:
Quite shocked last night to receive a personal call from mozza to ask my thoughts on things and himself etc ,I told Lee exactly my opinions and the truth as I saw it but what I'd like to say is massive respect for doing that as I don't think I was the only one he rang that took guts so for that Lee thank you for listening

Good to hear is that, I had a bit of a chat to him on Saturday which is the first time I've spoken to him since he returned to the club. He was obviously disappointed in the display and result. He did elude to the fact that he was burning the midnight oil the night before the game to try and get another body in, but was unsuccessful.
I think I did mention to you that I'd had a similar conversation with JK via the power of Twitter, although Dingbat obviously stalks JK's Twitter he wouldn't have seen it, as it was a private conversation. :lol:

I wasn't going to put anything on here, as I didn't want to embarrass him anyway, and tarnish his tough macho image :D
But in short, what I would say is. After my 'war & peace' post in which I proceeded to have a jibe at him about his actions on twitter, and that he wasn't good enough as a player etc. I think I also referred to him being a cheap pantomime villain. :lol:

He reached out to me on Twitter, and asked me to message him. Here was I thinking he was asking me if I were available to play the following night in the Sheffield cup tie at Park Steel. But we spoke about his Tweets. for which he did apologise, he explained that losing hurts him, and in a sort or roundabout way that he let his emotions get the better of him when having a go at players etc. We agreed to draw a line under it, be adults and move on as we both wanted the same thing, a successful Frickley Athletic football club. He even signed off as Widow Twanky. :lol:

Now, that's not shared because we've become best buddies. But to share the fact that I said at the end of my rather large post that we all should want the same thing, improve on both sides and clean up our act as management and supporters. of which some of you agreed and seconded.

Whether they are good enough to keep us up is open to suggestion and opinion, of which I concur with, we're all entitled to an opinion. But some of what I've read on hear is over stepping the mark on just having an opinion. Making reference to say that a manager only names an injured player on the subs bench to line his own mates pockets is treading on sticky ground, and if Mr P (the moderator) was still involved with the club, I imagine that and various other posts would have been amended or removed.

Personally, if I would have been the moderator, I would have removed the 'end of the road' thread. Now I have the utmost respect for Mr Blue Stanley. But I don't see what a poll achieves. To the last count just over a dozen people voted out of a fan base of say 190-200.
I think it's all obvious we'd like results to be better and what we are being served up is below par. Put it this way, I would be very surprised if the board used the poll in their next meeting to discuss the management's possible exit interview. Luckily for your I'm not the moderator. !

I keep seeing reference's to Karl this, and Karl that. Which I could understand from Dingbat, as it's his mate. But Karl isn't the current manager, Lee is, and he's his own man, he's NOT Karl. In the early days Karl had as many detractors, me being one of them. He went some through some rough times, understandably he was defended especially from Dingbat who spoke to him on a far more regular basis. Dingbat shared how disappointed Karl & the team were and how hard he was trying to turn things around. That's not to say that Mr Dingbat didn't also criticise, because he did. But let's just say, not quite as loud as he does at the current manager. Nevertheless It was good to hear from someone who knew him far better than most.
Lets also not forget that Dudge's influence on the team as number 2 was questioned by many supporters. I think Karl was asked at a meet the manager evening by one supporter 'what does Dudge do ?'. Maybe it's just number 2's who have the the name James :D

In a nutshell what I see on the forum now is a lot of reading between line's, which is not factual based. It slightly feels like a bit of a witch hunt. And I put my hand up as a guilty party in some cases. Saying thing's like it doesn't hurt them when we lose is second guessing. Unless you engage in a conversation with that said person, it's hear say. We all tend to do a lot of that on here. I remember taking my late Dad to a Sheffield United supporters night, he hated Neil Warnock for a variety of reasons, he was this and that. None factually based of course and wasn't keen on going, I introduced him to Mr Warnock, he sat with him for an hour and Came back to our table rather sheepishly, and the very next day thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. He even bloody Went out and bought his autobiography and DVD the next week !. I'm not saying we all have to be friends or even like each other, but respectful.

What is factual Is that we are in a dogfight, and we cant win at home for toffee. I don't think continually pointing out that 'so and so said this, and so and so said this; pulling current players and coaching staff is conducive to be all pulling in the same direction. And again for any part I've played in this, I apologise. As far as I can see, the coaching staff are trying to clean up their act off the field, and I've committed to doing the same.

What we need now is for performances to get better on the pitch, whether Lee & JK are good enough will come down to results, and whether the current incumbents on the board think they are the right people to take us forward. They came to the club with 1 point on the board after 8 games, we're not cut adrift at the bottom anymore. Yes, some of the players are plainly not good enough, but id imagine the fact is they don't have a lot of room to work with in the budget, with 5 or 6 players already under contract. Funnily enough the word 'budget' which was mentioned a lot under the previous regime, is hardly mentioned anymore. It's not a matter of who's right or wrong, or point scoring on here. If they win games, they stay. If not, I'm sure they will go.

This post isn't to have a jibe or dig at anyone, maybe i'd just prefer to us all to stick to having a natter about the game, and crucifying the referee, instead of people currently employed by our own football club. If any player who is thinking of joining the club reads half of what is said on here, they'd run a mile and say no thanks, Too much criticism. And may I also add that if the Ilkeston management are reading this, they must be laughing their socks off, as we've written their team talk for them, in what I would say is our most important game of the season.

Lets just get behind the team, be constructive and maybe even swap Christmas cards. For it's the season to be jolly.

Over and out. I've seen the light :lol:

Last edited by seanmarshallsshorts on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:58 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
It's 17 games but to be fair the points per game isn't the worst but on the whole the football has been crap and performances dire, its all opinions and time will tell, and we are only out of the bottom 4 cos teams below have played less games, we are going backwards and sinking believe me and results over the next month or so will confirm it, but we will see who is right

I've re-counted, I reckon it's 16 now :? but whichever... my point is it would be ludicrous to sack him now on results. You imagine them interviewing for a new manager - 'What happened to the last guy?' - 'Well he took over when we had no points after 7(?) games, people thought we were already relegated. By the end of November we were 5th from bottom with a threadbare squad and no cash to throw around, there was even a bit of distance between us and the bottom two... so obviously we got rid of him for underachieving.'
All teams go forwards and backwards when a new manager takes over, I reckon you have to take things overall rather than ignore away games and earlier home games, and base judgement on recent home games alone. Two close parallels with Frickley are obviously Man City and Liverpool, and when they changed manager there was an early impetus followed by 'going backwards'. Now Klopp has got Liverpool back on track, but by the' Lee Morris Should Be Sacked Now' criteria, Man City should get rid of that Spanish fella, as they're going backwards and the players obviously don't want to play for him at the moment and have lost their discipline.
Shaw Lane in second half was as bad as I've seen Frickley play, but we've also ground out some decent results and put in some good performances (and bad) since then. Take over a rock bottom side with no money to spend, and the most you can hope for for is an inconsistent overall improvement IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
if the Ilkeston management are reading this

How about...
There will be times when results don't go your way, there will be times that your 100% commitment counts for nothing.
Do not worry. Don't let your heads drop. The fans will stick behind you as long as you can look yourself in the eye after each game.
Enjoy any win that comes your way, just as we will. Enjoy every draw you get against the odds.
If you manage to get enough points on the board to avoid the drop, you will be heroes one and all.
If it is beyond you, you'll still have the fans on your side. You will not be responsible.
Please just keep on showing the spirit, that's all we can ask.
We know you're a tight knit group, so keep fighting for each other, keep battling.
All the very best and keep believing even when things aren't going your way.

(I nicked that from their forum, but you get the drift :wink: )

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:22 pm 

Right final post for a while just a few points, firstly for clarity I will say again their has been no personal abuse posted on this forum regarding anyone at the club, secondly I stand by every comment I have made on here (apart from critising the board about not caring for which I have apologised) maybe some things should not have been shared on the board but that does not mean I retract them or people hadn't spoken about them in conversation anyway, regarding the selection of injured players amongst the subs, this did happen in my opinion the reason for it will have to be asked of those picking the team further to this I have been pulled up about various things I have said on here by the club and this issue wasn't one of them so draw your own conclusions on that.

I have made my position clear in depth on why Mr Morris isn't suitable for the position and am not in the business of repeating myself for no reason, we draw a lone under this like adults and move on now

So I will say that seen as this forum and me in particular are seen as some kind of excuse for poor results, and the club doing well is the main thing we all want to see then i believe the management should centrate on winning games rather than about what's said on here (unless of course it's personal or oversteps the mark which it hasnt) so I will do my bit and let them, am not going to post on here (apart from prediction league) for 1 month so that's 7thJan we can review the results then and see where the land lies, let them live and die by results with no distractions/excuses and then if it goes how I predict they can do the decent thing and resign
Happy Xmas and new year everyone see you at the game Saturday and the Whitby game in the new year dingbat out

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:00 pm 

Here is my opinion thats if I am allowed one I will be putting my money on Ilkeston for Saturday game like I did when we played Warrington

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:50 am 

DUFFYLUFFY wrote:
Here is my opinion thats if I am allowed one I will be putting my money on Ilkeston for Saturday game like I did when we played Warrington

out of pocket there then. :D