It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New manager
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:14 pm 

time for debate who do the fans want then?

names I keep hearing are Wayne Benn and Chris Hilton. Anyone reckon their are any other serious contenders? is there any top up and coming managers in yorkshire at NCEL level?

for me i wouldn't want Benn, nice kid done a good job at Hemsworth but he followed Karl at Goole and had a nightmare plus we really need someone who can bring maybe 4 or 5 laikers with them and he struggled to get good enough players in at Goole and its a massive step up for lads from Hemsworth no disrespect, maybe 2 there maximum who could make the grade, i only see him getting it as maybe 3rd or 4th option if others turn it down as he has put in for it several times before.

my opinion is Hilton would do a good job, i know SMS mentioned him earlier in week, done a good job on a small budget at SPS likes to work with younger players and has developed a few who have moved on which is vital for a manger/club to be able to attract talent and maybe could bring 3 or 4 lads with him who are more likely nearer to the level required, the question is would he take it in the current state, suppose it depends how he views it am sure he would be interested in speaking to the board (from what i hear he is anyway) think it would be a positive appointment and that is what the club need a positive appointment

Post subject: Re: New manager
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:25 pm 

I think we need someone with a really good address book (Filofax??) of contacts - players & also other managers so that he can bring in loanees (as Karl did with NFU & presumably would have done with Halifax this season). If the Filofax has a few millionaires numbers in it, even better!

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:42 pm 

I would have a chat with Gary Marrow with a view to been a caretaker for this season then if he wants to get back into the game give him the job next season if he wants it.
But I dont think he would take it on.
But I wonder would a now NPL manager want the job? what does the job offer?
Would you take the job and have to do what Karl had to do?
Lets face it Karl did a great job but just got feed up having to keep trying to build a team.
When he did get a very good team together he lost them because there was no more money so he had to build again if he stayed at Frickley, something he dident want to.
Do you blame him?
Mozza is finding it hard at Goole I think he would find it harder at Frickley as any one will, like Karl found out and Hilton would as well.
Thats my view for what its worth.
But I tell you what it pains and hurts me to see my club in this mess as I bet it pains and hurts you lot too.
So Gary Marrow in a caretaker role if he would come.

Last edited by Frickley 1 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:02 pm 

I feel it's important that the next manager has champions league experience, along with Sheffield & hallamshire senior cup experience ..does that rule anyone in ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:24 pm 

Plenty of interest I hear but we will see. Hopefully an appointment before the weekend.

Need to get some new blood in and quick so contacts are important.

Apart from that I will wait and see.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:57 pm 

im sure frickley1 is trying to wind people up with the suggestion of gary marrow, i for one will not bite cos ive nothing against the guy, but seriously?
the guy has been out of the game for about 5 years so is going to be out of touch with the contacts needed in todays game, and you talk about the club being in a mess?.....we are 4 points from safety, and without a manager at present, no need to panic at present.

as for who takes over, why is it suggested that a young and ambitious NCEL manager might fit the bill, im sure there will be enough applicants to keep the board burning the midnight oil sifting through a load of c.v`s.
im sure there will be a handful of applicants with managerial experience at our level and above, lets not forget mark bower and martin drury have been made idle by their chairmen in the last 3 months,with some managers its in their blood to keep doing the job.

my glass is half full with this topic, cos im sure there is no need for a knee jerk reaction from the board, no need to rush into an appointment, give it the middle of next week before arranging interviews,(get the blyth replay out of the way first) and whoever we decide to appoint be it a fans favourite or not lets give him our full backing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:26 pm 

Blue Stan believe me or not I am not trying to wind people up at all.
That is my view but i do take on board what you say about him been out of the game for some years but maybe he has been to games and watched players i dont know as i havent seen or spoken to Gary since he left the club only when we played his team.
Others have said the clubs in a mess also havent they Blue Stan ? but again i take what you say, take a week or so and then hopefully the board get the right man for the job. I wouldent like their job would you?
Also we have been here before and we are still here and we will come again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:07 pm 

I would be surprise if Benn and Hilton have not gone for the job.

Personally I would go for Hilton. Did a good job at SPS of a small budget last year and work his way up from Worsbrough. So I would think he would fancy the challenge. Plus he is a club legend to be fair.

Maybe, he could be somebody out of the blue that we've never heard off. I mean, let's be honest, did any of us know who Karl Rose was before he came to the club?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:33 pm 

Lee Morris for me, he's assembling a decent young side at Goole and seems to have plenty of connections.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:40 pm 

I got that one right. Good luck Lee, show them how it should be done and do not be afraid to upset a few people.
Do it your way.