It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Best 11 under Karl
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:04 pm 

Just to cheer us all up before we reach for the sherry and Valium, here is mine, what do other think plus anybody fancy having a go at worst 11 under karl?? plenty of contenders for that as well :)

Best
1. Sebba
2. Tom Davey
3. Luke Jeffs
4. Luke Hinsley
5. JC
6. Jammer
7. Tyler Williams
8. Matty Bloor (C)
9. Reece Thompson
10. Big Gav
11. Jimmy Ghaichem
Subs
12. Ben Simpson
13. Mark Gray
14.Jake Picton
15. Jacob Hazel

Post subject: Re: Best 11 under Karl
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:30 pm 

You've only named 4 subs Dinger - has your Fantasy Football 11 budget run out mate? I wouldn't be surprised - you've shelled out big money to get the legendary Jimmy G in the team

It's a good shout though lad - I'm working on mine now.

I've got 45 players in my worst 11 so I need to whittle it down a bit

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:06 pm 

here goes with my best team under rosey.
playing 4-4-2

seb malkowski,

joe wilcox, john cyrus, callum howe, andy villerman,

tom davie, danny walsh, jake picton, tyler williams,

reece thompson, james walshaw,

subs.-
ben simpson
mark gray
matt bloor
luke hinsley
gavin allott

as for a worst 11, wow, that would take some working out but we have had some numpty strikers in grant ryan, leon osborne, ryan paczkowsk, james burgess, joel barnett, plus james walker, james kay, patrice liburd, all who have played over a handful of games.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:14 pm 

Seb (GK)
Joe Wilcox (RB)
JC (CB)
Ible (CB)
Jeffs (LB)
Davie (RW)
Hinsley (CM)
Bloor (CM)
Tyler (LW)
Allot (ST)
Reece (ST)

Subs

Simpson
Picton
Hazel
Gray
Walshaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:15 am 

I've seen nothing recently to change my mind from this worst X1 I posted in May 2014. Although I will give honourable mentions to Clamp, Liburd and Barnett :D

Here's my take of Frickley's poorest performers of the season, you may feel some are harsh and disagree, well post your bleeding own ! :D

1. Butcher - Butcher by name, butcher by nature, as he butchered absolute everything in the cup game against Marske.
2. Yates - maybe slightly harsh, as he got moved all over from full back, midfield, right wing and striker, but the fact I think he's none of them and I don't really know what his best position is sums it up. Now at Hemsworth MW.
3. Gardner - Had a few decent games for us, but culpable for many goals at the back with his lack of strength and height, he deserves sticking in just for THAT goal at FC Utd, top lad though.
4. Grayson - Brought in from Scunny to cover at left back, but also ended up playing at CB late in games, was no better than what we had and no real surprise to see him just being released by The Iron.
5. Milnes - Had a few impressive games pre-season along side Mark Gray & we thought we had found a solid partnership, but was soon found out for pace & general awareness of strikers running off him, bombed out after a few games and now at Ossett Albion.
6. Kilburn - Another who was thrust into the cup game, looked way short of fitness and I remember him having one shot on goal where we still haven't found the ball on the country park !. Now at Ossett Town
7. Fox - Looked promising pre-season as technically he's good, but lacks stamina at this level and was found to be always treading water on the hour mark. who wasn't amazed when FC Utd came in for him !.
8. Oniama - Couldn't shoot, couldn't pass and couldn't tackle, I don't think I ever heard him speak on the field either, ended up going to the now defunct Eastwood, good move eh !.
9. Burgess - For someone so muscular, he doesn't know how to hold the ball up whatsoever, turned up when he liked and buggered off after he was subbed in a game, another who went to Eastwood and now finds himself on the bench at Aquaforce.
10. Grant - Turning circle of an oil tanker in the North Sea, say no more.
11. Ghaichem - For someone who was so good the season before & given a contract, he seemed to forget how to beat a man, put decent crosses in and score goals & just ran around like a headless chicken most games, his dives are something of a joy to watch !. But a honourable mention for that cross come shot goal that got us out of a hole at Worksop.

It started off as a XI only, but I thought, there's some mileage in this, so here's for the subs.

subs.
12. Dyer-Stewart - Without doubt the most lazy footballer I've ever seen and so frustrating as this lad has talent, the sooner he realises you get nowhere without hard work the better, another one who buggered off at half time at Ilkeston after the management team wanted more from him. The game where he scored a great goal and put one on a plate for Luke rescues him from the starting XI.
13. Paczkowski- after putting in a decent performance for Brigg when they knocked us out of the cup, we signed him and he never got on the score sheet, if he was still playing now he wouldn't have scored. Closest he came was with a one on one with the keeper and he fluffed his lines. now in Oz playing for some team called Mornington Fc.
14. Shillito - again only saw him play once, came with a big rep as he was Barnsley's youth captain, but struggled to adapt to this level from what I was told of his other performances, just been released by Barnsley.
15. McFadzean - performed well on his debut, but went on the slide from there. You always knew where to find him, but that's probably down to the fact he was never fit enough to go anywhere else on the pitch. rarely, if ever completed 90 minutes due to injury and stamina.
16. Rose - For someone who was on the bench so many times, he can't be that good as he never got on the pitch !.

:D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:53 am 

JIMMY in worst 11 that's a joke the boy is a genius

Few comments on others

Butcher - I believe lad was signed from Sunday football as woodhead was unavailable and a lad we signed from Shaw Lane wasn't registered in time as it was FA cup also I think Hoody was suspended for been sent off bench earlier in season or he might have played and Karl told me he seriously considered playing himself in goal!!!

Yates - saw him for aquaforce on Saturday scored a great goal but looked no better overall than when he was with us

Gardner - how he played so many times for us I will never understand and he was dual ref with ferriby? I belive absolutely horrible player

Grayson - I think has played against us a few times since not looked any better either keeps getting signed by evo stick clubs

Milnes - Karl to Dudge 'he ain't good enough' dudge no nip he is give him a chance repeated all thru pre-season ten mins into 1st game at Stamford dudge turns to Karl and says your right he ain't good enough

Kilburn - highly rated at barnsley as young lad was due to sign for Newcastle got injured then released by tarn was excited when we signed him as had seen him have some stormers for youth/reserves at tarn but he was useless just seemed to have lost all his ability

Burgess - sat on bench at stocky? I think turns to dudge and says ' dudge out me on please put me on' repeated about 6 times so dudge says ' why what you going to do? Burgo then jumps up and say ' I will buuuurrrnnn then up!!! Dudge 'sit down birgo, also sacked at half time in his 2nd spell

Dyer-Stewart- Karl had a massive go at him for about ten mins at half time against ilkeston apparantly he took it all and agreed etc was set to go again 2nd half when Karl says come on then Corey don't be stood about 2nd half like a scarecrow, Corey then goes ballistic don't call me a scarecrow and stormed out!!!

Shillito- see Kilburn just seemed to loose all his talent turned 18 his dad flicked some cigar ash at Dave challinor away at flyde when they rufused to give ball back after an injury that was about his highlight

As you can tell am.bored today :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:11 pm 

Butcher played as we were told the keeper signed from Shaw lane needed international clearance, as it transpired the week after the club were told by the FA he didn't, and could have played.

To date, in my 38 years of watching the blues on and off , that Marske game was the worst performance I've witnessed by the Blues. Apparently the mickleover game ran it close, but i missed out on that one due to being at bramall lane .

Onwards n upwards :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:53 pm 

seanmarshallsshorts wrote:
To date, in my 38 years of watching the blues on and off , that Marske game was the worst performance I've witnessed by the Blues. Apparently the mickleover game ran it close, but i missed out on that one due to being at bramall lane .

Harrogate Railway a couple of years back must also be a contender, for anyone lucky enough to attend. :oops:
(even tho it included the JC + Jameel dream-team at centre back)