It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Sad day
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:46 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
Dingbat wrote:
Sad to see Karl go spoke to him earlier and he really is tired of constantly rebuilding and frustrated at losing players in the summer for the sake of nominal amounts of money spent an half hour speaking with him but his mind was made up, believe me the results so far have hurt him.

My opinion board could have done more to keep certain players and attract others in the summer as much of his good work went to waste.

Good look to Hoody tomorrow, where will club go from here? Long hard season on the cards seems ages ago that 7th places finish now.

I wouldn't say his good work has gone to watse. The fans up here will remember him for the great season last year. Plus we can't magic up money, that the club hasn't got.

Players going else where for sake of 20-30 quid a week fair enough it adds up over season but come on? And budget staying same is in reality decreasing in real terms year on year, if club are to remain at this level board need to find a way to do more as much respect and admiration I have for them good people and I ain't having a go just telling truth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:50 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
RIP Rory Dove wrote:
Dingbat wrote:
Sad to see Karl go spoke to him earlier and he really is tired of constantly rebuilding and frustrated at losing players in the summer for the sake of nominal amounts of money spent an half hour speaking with him but his mind was made up, believe me the results so far have hurt him.

My opinion board could have done more to keep certain players and attract others in the summer as much of his good work went to waste.

Good look to Hoody tomorrow, where will club go from here? Long hard season on the cards seems ages ago that 7th places finish now.

I wouldn't say his good work has gone to watse. The fans up here will remember him for the great season last year. Plus we can't magic up money, that the club hasn't got.

Players going else where for sake of 20-30 quid a week fair enough it adds up over season but come on? And budget staying same is in reality decreasing in real terms year on year, if club are to remain at this level board need to find a way to do more as much respect and admiration I have for them good people and I ain't having a go just telling truth

I don't think the like of JC, Hazel and Davis went to other clubs for the sake of 30 quid a week.

If the budget is remaining the same, what do you suggest the club do? Give money to a manager that we haven't got?

In theory we have been punching above our weight in this league for around 10 years now, the trap door is going to get us one season.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:52 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
RIP Rory Dove wrote:
Dingbat wrote:

If you know ways of bringing in extra money to the club to add to the budget, I'm sure you'll be welcomed on the board with open arms.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:29 pm 

Gents, not the time for infighting or point scoring. The board give the manager a budget & the manager works with that budget - thats how we roll. I'd rather watch us be tanked by Mickleover within a budget than beat Southport & not exist in 18 months (a la Eastwood, & Ilkeston soon probably).

From December last year we got a hint of the promised land but maybe, just maybe, that was a golden moment to match our 2nd place in the Sticky when Marrow was manager. Don't forget what happened the following season.

This thread should be about Karls time with the club, not anything else. Let's celebrate what we've had.

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:39 pm 

Shall we open up a book of condolence.. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:48 pm 

I already have, it's in my room 'for that sort of thing' but I'll have nothing along the lines of "the drinks are on me, Henri Paul" as happened at the passing of our last English Rose

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:02 pm 

Sorry to see them go as I was when Mr P went.
All the best lads from F1 and thanks for last season and the cups.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:24 pm 

Will you be applying for the position F1? I think you could do a great job on a limited budget

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:05 pm 

Am not falling out chad cos I love you to bits fella, and we all know what a legend you are raising money for clubhouse etc

But in football (which even at this level is a business) there is no such thing as standing still if your not moving forward your going backwards

Last edited by Dingbat on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:15 pm 

Who's the commercial manager? What are they doing? What are others doing to help raise funds?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:38 am 

NPL super base wrote:
Who's the commercial manager? What are they doing? What are others doing to help raise funds?

Not about blaming individuals let's not forget most are volunteers, and do a cracking job and no one person deserves critism.

but in the summer what was the board's plan? cos to me it's been a case of well Karl got us to 7th last year he can do it again, let him rebuild again and hope he can polish turds,

A few more quid for maybe 2 better players we wouldn't be in this mess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:25 am 

a would like to thank karl and his team and the players for last season to start. we all know money plays the part at this level and myself i was gutted we lost so many so near to the start. the good point is some made the step up, which is exceptable, then there is the extra money situation ( no commitment )move.

i totally feel for karl n co. we as supporters suffer it more as we are left to witness it. lets hope we get this resolved quickly and get some players in to settle the team, but lets stay above water and not do what others do.

thanks again karl, strats and dudge :cry: