It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stourbridge game
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:33 pm 

Brilliant first half from the blues 2 nil down at the turn round things can only get better I hope

Post subject: Re: Stourbridge game
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:00 pm 

Was disappointed last week, put it down to players not familiar. Looked the same tonight with a couple of exceptions. We've now lost our last 7 games - think this needs addressing!. Come on Blues!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:02 pm 

That was poor from start to end - took me back to the dark days of Rinkys hoofball, with the same end result. Not sure why Lufudu didn't get a run out even if it was just to show some intent

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:13 pm 

Worst performance so far this season. Yes the first goal was not a goal, but that will not take away the fact, that we were so poor tonight. Quite a few players on the pitch are not up to the standard of this level and changes are needed quick.

Yes we are only 4 games in and Karl is in the middle of rebuilding after lots of departures in per-season. But the "Doom and Gloom" factor will not stay away much longer if things carry on the way they are. It may just be that we have been unlucky so far, who knows.

However having said this, I am sure that Karl is trying his best and he still as my full backing for now. So come on Frickley, pick yourself up and let's get 3 points this Saturday.

Keep the faith.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:08 am 

Firstly officials and before anyone says yes (a) they were not the reason we lost the game (b) I thought they had very little influence on the result unlike Saturday (c) in my opinion the 1st goal did cross the line as much as I hate to say it, however the mess they made of the giving the goal was laughable never seen a lino 'half give' a goal then bottle it and poo his pants, he looked like a rabbit in the headlights the ref then put in a horrible inconsistant performance, booked luke for winning a header but didn't book there LB for sything down Tyler when I'm a good position 2nd half, booked Bailey (?) for mouthing yet there 9 told him/lino to F off to there face at least 3 times, people are paying to watch at this standard please can the officials be at the required standard do the basics right cos last night they where a long way short am afraid

Secondly the performance not much better that the officials I echo what Dove says it's early days etc and am 100% behind Karl and he will know what is needed and I do feel for him with the lads that's left/let him down in the summer am sure we will see new arrivals soon. We where 2nd best in all areas last night not strong enough, brave enough, or smart enough, full backs exposed, centre halfs bullied by craig charles, nothing up front, no bite in the middle despite Lukes best efforts 1 st half was shocking yeah 2nd half we picked up a bit and should have scored how Pearson and purkiss missed those chances God knows however in truth it was a comfortable win for what looked an average team they had a shaky keeper, they were poor at the back yet they strolled to the points any team taking anything from Westfield lane should be having to fight tooth and nail for anything they get too easy last night am affraid.

Now this might be controversial and am not one for critising individuals and I know it's hard and we are a bit short at moment, but based on last night and on first few Pearson, not good enough bullied all night weak as a baby had the chance to tap in from 2 yards late on yet is bullied out of it he should have been putting ball man the lot over the line missed a header before that cos he was scared of getting hit your a CH for christs sake your paid to get hurt hope he proves me wrong but can see why Ashton got rid, Grant the LB tidy player defo a tough diamond Karl can improve defo a good player with ability but 2nd half he is jogging over half way to join attacks show some urgency and some fight, Valentine again tidy player given time and space he can spread a ball out and make things happen thought he did well Sat but he goes missing and I ain't seen him make a tackle yet you can't stroll about like Claud Makelele at this level get stuck in and show some fight, Purkiss not good enough from what I've seen I have an old wardbrobe in garage that's as mobile let's stick that up top annd play of that might as well out musled time and time again then played last ten mins of 1st half outwide despite Karl screaming at him to get in middle missed a header bob foster could have scored late on again thought he did well Sat so it's a shame, I will be 100% behind these lads sat and I hope they prove me wrong but not good enough last night

Saturday massive game lads need to show some real fight, I want to see someone straight though one of there's in first 5 mins set the tone, I want to see centre backs and strikers fighting for the ball I want to see someone helping luke hunt the ball in the middle I don't want to see people getting bullied and others strolling around etc, like dove says keep the faith get behind them, come on blues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:30 am 

For once, I wholeheartedly agree with Dingbat :D

The officials were diabolical and His assessment of the players brought in are spot on (That's dingbat not the ref) These players have been around quite a while at this level, and they've been released because they don't consistently perform, but hey it's early days yet. Grant is the positive, Curtis needs an xp partner up front to hold the ball, bully him around and make him stretch his legs , which he appears reluctant to do at the minute.

Rosey can't be expected to keep pulling rabbits out of hats on the limited funds he has, even I accept that now ! :D

Give it another month or so I would expect to see there will be some in's n outs as players who don't feature at other clubs will want game time. Another mature centre back is key to play alongside Bailey, who's been exposed for pace, playing alongside someone who is exposed for pace n movement too. Or maybe we could go to a three at back as we did the vast majority of the back end of last season. As I said Grant is a plus, Macca to be fair has been struggling with illness and injuries but still putting his hand up. Purkiss doesn't look like he's going to get goals consistently, and looks a bench player. But Once we get some solid foundations at the back I would expect we'd get some confidence and improve .
As Mini touched on, what players we have in the fringes I.e Ellam, Lufudu and the young lads need a bit of game time, especially when we aren't picking up results anyhow.nobody in the starting 11 looks under pressure for a place, as we look thin on the ground in numbers, thin on quality, but thin on cash too..

Let's not forget we've been forced to replace a few Ferraris from last season in Hazel, Cyrus n co with Alfa Romeo's..it's not say they're a totally useless car, they just arent amazing, and often let you down..(apologies if anyone has an Alfa Romeo)

hopefully we can keep a clean sheet soon , and the ball bobbles into the oppositions net off someone's backside, then it we'll settle everyone's nerves..coaches, players and fans too :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:00 pm 

I won't be at frickley game on Saturday off to watch maltby main vs afc Mansfield(little jimmys) team

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:07 pm 

RIP Rory Dove wrote:
Worst performance so far this season. Yes the first goal was not a goal, but that will not take away the fact, that we were so poor tonight. Quite a few players on the pitch are not up to the standard of this level and changes are needed quick.

Yes we are only 4 games in and Karl is in the middle of rebuilding after lots of departures in per-season. But the "Doom and Gloom" factor will not stay away much longer if things carry on the way they are. It may just be that we have been unlucky so far, who knows.

However having said this, I am sure that Karl is trying his best and he still as my full backing for now. So come on Frickley, pick yourself up and let's get 3 points this Saturday.

Keep the faith.

Goal it was , my driver sat on last pylon plinth saw it as did lino , trouble was ur midfield was non existence and a defence that was shaky , thought Stour was going score every time they went forward in 1st half , second half you huff and puff and stour was a team who had a bad start themselves , going be another long hard season for u I can see as mentioned from the slags country park side faithful !