It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Workington
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:45 pm 

Better performance from the boys tonight. But missed chances in the first half did cost us. We did however have a perfectly good goal ruled out when we were 1-0 down. Had it not been for that we could have come away with a point to get us off the mark. Let's hope that the boys can pick themselves for Saturday and go again. Has we all know, the longer without a point and a win, the more worrying it becomes. But not in panic mood yet, has the performance tonight was much improved from last Saturday. Best of luck to the boys down at Stafford this Saturday.

Post subject: Re: Workington
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:39 am 

Fair play to Dove and any one else travelling up there on a tues true commitment

My spies tell me it was a lot better last night and the lads put in a competitive performance which Dove has confirmed and where possibly denied a point by a debatable decision, sure we can take some encouragement and confidence into the Stafford game

Let's remember we have played 2 of last year's top 5 who many people will tip to be up there again this time, moving forward we have 4 games in just under 2 wks let's see where we are then after the bank holiday

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:33 pm 

Also remember, at this stage last season we'd

played 2
lost 2
scored 1
conceded 5

We then got our first point of the season away at a midlands team beginning with S

Deja vu anyone?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:35 pm 

Last night was a step up from Saturday and we were unlucky as we created good chances and i am still not convinced about why our 'goal' was disallowed. Even the refs explaination did not convince me.

Not convinced going to work on 3 hours sleep is a good idea. However, the view of the Lake district Mountains on the way up was worth it.

Bring on Stafford!