It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anyone want to hear a really bad joke....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:43 pm 

http://www.sheffieldfa.com/news/2016/ju ... llenge-cup

& the only people laughing are in Barnsley.....

Bottle job of the highest order

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

Post subject: Re: Anyone want to hear a really bad joke....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:16 pm 

Technically we have won the Cup most, along with Sheffield Wednesday, 14 times.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:20 pm 

That's an absolute discrace £1000 is peanuts to them Mr Wood is a multi millionaire

at a Minimum they should have been banned from both the senior cup and FA cup for at least next season, the fa cup ban would have hurt them as a club and been a warning to others

Basically any team (not that I expect they would) can do the same thing again next season knowing they face minimal punishment,

Wonder what the original punishment was? Seen as they appealed? Once again FA running scared of the money men

As for Mr Wood i dont know you as a man but your a discrace to football and the game would be better off without your kind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:34 pm 

As usual it is the ordinary supporter, the people who pay, that have been shafted. They and the players from both teams who have strived toward what should be a huge occasion. Personally I was truly looking forward to that match, it would have been a marvellous way to finish an exceptional season for Frickley. That we have been deprived of the occasion is bad enough but for the offending party to be slapped with a paltry £1450 fine by the organisation that is intended to protect the integrity of the game on our behalf is shameful

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:36 pm 

disgraceful decision but not surprised at all by the outcome, as stated by dingbat it sets a precedent for any other club wishing to pull out of a future tie, knowing it is going to cost them £1500 maximum, should have been banned from at least the county cup for 12 months. i reckon mr wood is still laughing at this outcome. as he was back when they pulled out according to sources near to him.
disgraceful decision by the s&hfa. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:44 am 

Quote:
ordered to pay the Cup Final’s match expenses incurred by the County FA in the sum of £420

Nice to see the S&HFA recouping their losses but what about mine, I used 2 days holiday (2nd one to recover from the celebrations) for absolutely nothing. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples of people losing out because of this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:48 am 

Baileys dad booked 2 days off, a hotel & a train fare as he lives in East Anglia - how does he get that money back????

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:10 am 

Mini Maureenio wrote:
Baileys dad booked 2 days off, a hotel & a train fare as he lives in East Anglia - how does he get that money back????

Shaw Lane and Mr Wood had absolutely no thought for how anyone else would be effected by there actions

When your chairman of a club your responsibility goes beyond just that club to football in general he could do with reminding himself of that

I don't agree with there decision to pull out but to do it the day before which I believe they did for maximum impact and to undermine the SHFA is unforgiveable as it's messed genuine fans and working people about and cost them money while they sit congratulating themselves, the fact that they have got off so lightly just takes the pi** even more

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:07 pm 

Do you think that Mr Wood will offer all Frickley fans free entry to the FA Trophy game as a goodwill gesture, if he wanted to really show how honourable he is he could throw in a pint and a pie aswell :D If they beat Scarborough, obviously.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:19 pm 

That's a great shout BD - & if the time comes I suggest we bombard their twitter site with such a request

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:10 pm 

Bluedragon wrote:
Do you think that Mr Wood will offer all Frickley fans free entry to the FA Trophy game as a goodwill gesture, if he wanted to really show how honourable he is he could throw in a pint and a pie aswell :D If they beat Scarborough, obviously.

No chance, no one pays there anyway it's all comp tickets and his cronies,

I hope Scarborough beat them I have no intrest in going at all rather have a day out at brid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:48 pm 

Only thought about this is about time too. Also come on Scarborough in the FA Cup Preliminary Round.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:43 pm 

For what it's worth, my take on it is, yes they should have had the courteous to play the Match and try and field a team with players who were registered to play, but maybe not involved in the play off final the day after. From a Shaw lane perspective I could understand that the possibility of promotion is more valuable a game than the county cup. Should they have been put in the predicament from the league & Sheffield FA to play two games in two days , absolutely not.
Would Frickley have played two games in two days, I imagine we would have, who wouldn't want to play at bramall lane in a final (i would include Shaw lane players too) .Does that make it right, absolutely not.
Have they got off lightly, probably..maybe at least a years ban from the competition would have been just.

Have Frickley fans become obsessed with Shaw lane: absolutely ..let the Barnsley brigade get on with it, we all know it's built on foundations of sand. we will let Chad keep going around with his bucket, minus the spade :D

p.s. Will Wezzy lane be home to any Shaw lane matches when the heavens open and their grounds flooded ?