It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: JC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:40 am 

Sorry to see him go but not surprised. A good player who always gave his best in the 2 years he was here.

Post subject: Re: JC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:56 am 

shame to see him go, but was too good for our level, has come on a lot in the 2 years with us, no doubts he can play at a higher level at all, thanks and good luck jc.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:02 pm 

Really sad to see him go, what a player and what a guy.

Just spoken to JC and he wanted me to pass a message on to us all.

" I've absolutely loved my time at Frickley Athletic and i want to thank everyone at the club and supporters for being brilliant with me and for helping me grow as a player"

Best of luck JC.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:56 pm 

Big loss to the club, always gave 100% and never injured. It was great that we had him for two seasons.
All the best JC.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:12 am 

Good luck to JC deserves the opportunity at a higher level, best Centre half in the league last season in my opinion, will be very hard to replace. become twice the player since he joined and has become a colossus at the back. Another example of the coaching staff getting hold of some potential and turning it into a quality player.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:32 pm 

All the best to the lads who've left, and I don't for a moment begrudge them trying their hand at a higher level, but I'm a bit worried where the squads going to be at the start of the season.
Very difficult to replace JC & Jacob (& Woody) with similar quality but would love to see Bailey's name alongside Jammer this season.
Please not Big Gav, as great as he was for us, I really hope that ship has sailed for good. Not the player he was and wouldn't fit with our new style of play.

It's a good job none of our players were good enough to make the Evo team of the season, otherwise we might have really had other clubs looking at them :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:38 pm 

Bluedragon wrote:
All the best to the lads who've left, and I don't for a moment begrudge them trying their hand at a higher level, but I'm a bit worried where the squads going to be at the start of the season.
Very difficult to replace JC & Jacob (& Woody) with similar quality but would love to see Bailey's name alongside Jammer this season.
Please not Big Gav, as great as he was for us, I really hope that ship has sailed for good. Not the player he was and wouldn't fit with our new style of play.

It's a good job none of our players were good enough to make the Evo team of the season, otherwise we might have really had other clubs looking at them :roll:

inevitable that we would loose a few after the performances last season, hopefully we can hold onto a few as well and then trust Karl and Strats to bring in adequate replacements, surely we are now an 'attractive proposition' to potential new signings as we seem to be able to develop players and move them on to higher leagues even if we cant pay the big money out that others can

agree would love to see Bailey back but my feeling is he will get a club higher up

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:04 pm 

Bluedragon wrote:

When Gav left I hoped he'd come back before too long and notch up his century of goals. However in hindsight, having to play a different type of football played a huge part in how well we did least season IMO (and with credit both to the coaching staff and the players for adopting it), +now would hope we continue that way with the ball on the ground as much as possible next season too!
[Also I'm not sure we could cope with all his holidays and wedding commitments like Aquafarce do :lol: ]