It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Great season.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:15 pm 

Was going to leave this after cup final, but seen there isn't one now, I'll write this post.

Just want to say a massive thanks to Karl Rose, the players, staff, Frickley staff and volunteers for this season. What a great season it has been and a very much welcome change. To finish 7th in the league is truly outstanding. With some brilliant performances too, they have been simply a joy to watch this season.

Let's hope the team can stick together for next season and we can have another great year.

Up the Blues.

P.S don't forget to attend the Frickley fans vs Englandfans game in Sunday. 2pm kick-off. Gates open from 1pm..... Free addmisson.

Post subject: Re: Great season.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:24 pm 

https://audioboom.com/boos/4479380-karl ... celled?t=0 - here is Karls take on it.

I agree with Chad wholeheartedly. I reckon we should be singing the praises of the management, squad, Board, volunteers & us fans to the roof tops. Usually we get to April bricking it & in some instances relying on clubs going bust (no issues with that, our Board deserve massive kudos for running our club correctly) & many is the time I've looked at our fixture list & wondered where the next win was coming from. This season I've been coming up the Lane knowing that we could give any team a game & mostly that if we play our A (or even B) game, we win. That's massively exciting.

I can't begin to tell you the pleasure I've had watching us this season - Darlington (2nd half) clearly, Workington (where we completely neutralised a team who made the play offs) but I would say that we were at our most rampagingly magnificent tanking Buxton 5 at home & the last 15 minutes against Stourbridge reminded me of Escape To Victory!

The team have been just that, a team - no one made the Evostik team of the year (what a joke) but has anyone seen a better keeper than Seb; a better back 3 than JC, Jammer & Bailey; a better anything than Luke Hinsley, a better winger than Tyler, a better 'knock me down & I'll get up & score against you' striker than Jake, a better 'get in my way & I'll kill you' attack mode than Tom Davie & just a better team spirit than the whole squad.

Thank you also to the Lounge Lizards in the bar, Bob & Al, both Bainesys, Paul, that b*llend Chris Lucas, Bluedragon, Julian (Ruths squeeze), the gorgeous Neil, the 3 most amazing women I never married (Penny, Ruthi & Charlotte - there's still time though) & myriad others, but most of all someone who has done summat over the last 4 years that I could never have done......Chad Thomas.

In a real & fair world, Karl gets manager of the month / year & we get team of the month / year. It'll never happen, but name me a better 'team'!

What a time to be alive - when does the season start?

As for the cup final & Aquaforce, I hope they get everything they deserve. I suspect they won't

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:11 am 

Well done to one and all. A GREAT GREAT SEASON :D :D :D
A big thank you to those who did the work in the back ground as well.
But the thing that made it for me is the fact that Karl did it on a small budget many said it could not be done F! we have to be realistic F!.
Thanks for proving me right Karl ( Joking).
I said it could be done and you did it mate WELL DONE.
Have a good summer one and all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:26 pm 

Agree with everything said, a lot of hard work done by people at the club, not forgetting Steve.
Karl masterminded a brilliant season finding the players and creating a great team spirit.
Can't remember the last time we got through a season without hearing 'the great escape'!
Looking forward to next season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:47 pm 

definitely very entertaining football and an enjoyment to watch. karl deserves special praise for doing a brilliant job and showing what the club can achieve, its not all about the money.

the lads, well what can we say ? absolutely fantastic team spirit and the willing to keep going until the death has been a breath of freshair. well done to all who pulled on a shirt for us this season :D

fingers crossed we can keep all the team for next season and make a push for something else ???

well done to everyone who is part of the club working in the background and all supporters. lets keep cheering the lads on. UP THE BLUES !!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:48 am 

echo everything thats been said a great season by recent standards, think if we could add 2 players to the current squad we could be serious play off contenders next season, also would love to see another regular 50+ through the gate to enable us to do this, with the results and football played this term it is deserved, the spirit on the field has been superb and this bunch do not know when they are beaten, enjoy the summer guys and rest those weary limbs cos we go again in 3 months.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:43 am 

Great season guys, well done to all involved