It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Senior Cup Final - CANCELLED
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 am 

well this topic did make it onto radio sheffields football heaven programme last night, theyre hoping to raise the subject again tonight with comment from shaw lane hopefully, for anyone interested its on between 6pm and 7pm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:49 am 

Stan, did you hear the Owls fan giving us a good rep last night?

PS if Wood gets on spouting his propaganda, we need to bombard the programme & put him straight

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:10 am 

Radio Dee Dar are usually quite pally with the Sheffield FA from past listening, let's see if its mentioned. Sure they would have something to say if it was one of the non league Sheffield sides, the dingbat will be ringing up if that wood gets on so tune in

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:37 am 

PROVISIONS FOR WITHDRAWING FROM THE COMPETITION
Sheffield Senior Cup Rules

(a) Any Club intending to withdraw from the Competition must notify its intention to do so to The Association and the opposing Club, not less than eight days before the date fixed for playing the match.
(b) A Club failing to comply with this shall be reported to the Challenge Cups Committee, who shall have power to compel such offending Club to pay the expenses incurred and to take such other action as the Committee considers appropriate.
(c) If a Club decides to withdraw from the Competition after a postponed or abandoned match, notice must be given to The Association and its opponent at the end of the match.
(d) A Club failing to give satisfactory reason for withdrawing from the Competition may not, in addition to any other action considered appropriate, be allowed to enter the Competition in the following season and shall be liable to such fine as the Board
considers appropriate.

(e) In the Semi-Final and Final Ties any Club failing to play without showing a good and sufficient cause for such failure to play, may be adjudged by the Council to have been guilty of serious misconduct and liable to be dealt with under Rule E(1-3) of The Football Association.

what is Rule E (1-3) i do wonder,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:02 am 

It has not got a mention on Evo web site and the game is still in the fixtures. Perhaps they don't know. Not doing Evostik League any favours since they and Lincoln must have agreed play off fixture change. I hope the SHFA and the FA and Evostik punish them heavily.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:28 pm 

Dingbat wrote:
(e) In the Semi-Final and Final Ties any Club failing to play without showing a good and sufficient cause for such failure to play, may be adjudged by the Council to have been guilty of serious misconduct and liable to be dealt with under Rule E(1-3) of The Football Association.

what is Rule E (1-3) i do wonder,

Not sure - I had a quick look but the general 'rule E' relates more to player conduct, so it may be a different reference they mean.
Interesting though that it is set out quite clearly, that county cup competitions must be entered, and must take precedence over league games at this level - so arguing that the S&H FA should arrange round league play-offs would appear to be contrary to FA rules (in my interpretation anyhow!).
Also the crux seems to be that by not fulfilling a cup fixture in this manner, a club would risk its league position.
Relevant section:
"With the exception of any club competing in The FA Women’s Super League, if a club
is required to do so by its parent Affiliated Association, a club must enter a suitable Cup
Competition of that Association. However, in the absence of any existing suitable County
Cup Competition, women’s clubs may enter a Competition jointly organised by a
neighbouring Affiliated Association. Only the matches of such Competition(s) will
take precedence over other Competitions in which the club competes, except The
Football Association Premier League, The Football League and The Football League Cup
Competition."

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-gov ... ssociation

Basically, you can't treat a county cup final like a football gala and say 'we don't want to play anymore'.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:05 pm 

Finchley Tiger wrote:
Anyway, you're all missing the bigger picture! I believe the cancellation has now denied me the chance of continuing my record of always finishing inside the top three of the prediction league!! :twisted: :mrgreen:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:59 pm 

Finchley Tiger wrote:
Anyway, you're all missing the bigger picture! I believe the cancellation has now denied me the chance of continuing my record of always finishing inside the top three of the prediction league!! :twisted: :mrgreen:

Could you just refuse to take part FT, in the true spirit of things. You probably had another prediction thread to take part in the following day

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:55 am 

Newspaper report from Shaw Lane "The size of our squad means that at least half of the team would have to play two games in 48 hours. The other is player welfare because it is unreasonable to expect players to play two games in 48 hours".
One of their forwards could not last a full game last night, probably due to frost bite. It was ok for the players to play Goole one night and Sheffield Cup next night a few weeks ago. Where was players welfare then?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:21 am 

Mini Maureenio wrote:
Finchley Tiger wrote:

Could you just refuse to take part FT, in the true spirit of things. You probably had another prediction thread to take part in the following day

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:59 pm 

Did then no favours in the end :D :D :D well done Coalville :lol: suppose Mr wood will blame defeat on tiredness in any event

How they have managed to not get promoted with the budget is a joke and a funny one at that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:40 pm 

Let's be fair to Shaw Lane, some of their players played 2 matches this week and if Lincoln United had scored first on Wednesday this would not have happened. They obviously took the chairman's comments about players welfare of playing 2 games in 48 hours seriously and lost to Coalville. Never mind.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:16 am 

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/match-in ... re/2-33816 here's highlights of their defence playing at statues......

If that's their standard, can you imagine what Tyler would have done to them???

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:12 pm 

considering how intense some of our last 6 games were the highlights looked like a friendly nevermind a playoff final. a weak shot by the chocolate fireguard at the end, even hoody would have got down to it :P

wonder what the fall out from this is going to be, could be an interesting few weeks :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:44 am 

Agree forest b.The chocolate fireguard appeared to have a strapping on his knee which would have slowed him down. Not that you would notice the difference. Wonder if the Final was dropped when they worked out their only player of note, James Walshaw was cup-tied. Without him they would not have beaten Lincoln United.