It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Senior Cup Final - CANCELLED
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:51 pm 

now were talking about moneymen again and we probably know the shfa will do not a lot about it.
takes the preverberal this does at short notice as well, its got darlington written all over it so to speak.

i hope they get hammered now, showing total disrespect for everyone else. we would have played 10 games in 26 days where as they would have played 8 including the final. so who should be moaning ??

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:53 pm 

to be honest i bet they were bricking it after watching us destroy stourbridge, and not wanting to be taught a football lesson even with chocolate fireguard allott.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:54 pm 

It all depends on the circumstances.
I might have had a lot more sympathy for Shaw Lane if it wasn't for the fact that they have known this was a likely scenario since way before the semi final.
If they felt unable to play games on consecutive days (which I can understand) then they could have withdrawn before the semi and allowed the final to take place between us and Handsworth.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:03 pm 

Bluedragon wrote:
I might have had a lot more sympathy for Shaw Lane if it wasn't for the fact that they have known this was a likely scenario since way before the semi final.
If they felt unable to play games on consecutive days (which I can understand) then they could have withdrawn before the semi and allowed the final to take place between us and Handsworth.

Handsworth have a game on Wednesday night that they need to win to maintain their title hopes.........

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:09 pm 

Anyway, you're all missing the bigger picture! I believe the cancellation has now denied me the chance of continuing my record of always finishing inside the top three of the prediction league!! :twisted: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:29 pm 

absolutely disgraceful from them waiting till the day before, obviously done that for maximum impact, why advertise the game on there official twitter, why has the manager and assistant turned up to watch us play on Thursday??

I had sympathy with them for having to play the play off the day after but no more, like others have said we would have turned up and played even if we had a game the following the day, once again Mr Wood acts in total contempt for the competition and other local clubs, again why wait till the day before, why move the play off to Wednesday? why not withdraw before the semi and let handsworth contest the final??

The players have been robbed of the occasion like mini says, the fans have been robbed of a night out at a league ground, there a club fast running out of friends and making enemies, I hope they get battered on Wednesday, community club my bottom, no respect, no class, no integrity

well done blues, hollow victory but deserved just the same, Frickley Athletic = proper club, proper fans, 2nd to none, dont mention us in the same breath as Shaw Lane whatever there name is today cos we will always be a class apart in my eyes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:17 pm 

Finchley Tiger wrote:
Bluedragon wrote:

Handsworth have a game on Wednesday night that they need to win to maintain their title hopes.........

From what I know of Handsworth I'm pretty sure they'd have had a little moan and then got on with it, and given their all in BOTH games!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:06 pm 

Statement from us on official site, well said Gareth absolutely spot on sir.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:25 pm 

boyspen wrote:
Finchley Tiger wrote:
Bluedragon wrote:

From what I know of Handsworth I'm pretty sure they'd have had a little moan and then got on with it, and given their all in BOTH games!

Correct! I have no doubt they would have played their strongest side on the Wednesday but played a team of fringe/younger players in the Senior Cup Final who would have given it everything.

From memory I seem to recall Stocksbridge playing the County Cup Final and a EvoStik play-off match on consecutive nights (can't remember which way round the matches were though). Salkster are you able to confirm?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:56 pm 

thats true F.T. they then went to belper on the saturday and won the play off final about 2009ish i think, they had a young lad called vardy amongst their ranks then and a manager who`s name just escapes me. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:58 pm 

one question that nobody has yet asked, if we have won the cup by default, will the players recieve winners medals, as well as the club receiving the trophy?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:18 pm 

blue stan wrote:
one question that nobody has yet asked, if we have won the cup by default, will the players recieve winners medals, as well as the club receiving the trophy?

Good question wouldn't have thought so as no final played? Also what about coach (s) fans/club have booked who is paying for them now? Well is obviously another disgrace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:09 pm 

The situation with the trophy / medals etc will be in the S&H rulebook somewhere!..
Normally the other club pays a fine + cost of medals / trophies and if appropriate, costs to other club in lieu of gate receipts.
Also likely to have to meet with FA to provide assurances it won't happen again.
Not fulfilling a cup fixture can also have a knock-on effect on whether a club is allowed to stay in league play-offs etc as well (depending on relevant rules and regs). But yes, you would expect players to get winners medals.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:11 pm 

Baileys dad has booked time off, train tickets & a hotel. How does he get that money back??? They should kick them out of all cup competitions for 5 years

THANK #FRICKLEY IT'S SATURDAY

#FORZAFRICKLEY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:31 pm 

Mini Maureenio wrote:
Baileys dad has booked time off, train tickets & a hotel. How does he get that money back??? They should kick them out of all cup competitions for 5 years

Crazy Yank is probably already on a plane over!